stevenwonder

Covid-19 and Sports

Being a huge sports fan, this covid19 (coronavirus) has caused 95% of the sports leagues around the world to shutdown. The NBA was the first league to suspend its season and one right after the other, all levels of leagues from all sports in all parts of the world, followed suit. I’ve never seen anything like it before and probably won’t again. As a punter of most sports, this has completely made my life a living hell and the longer I go without betting on something. The crazier I’m getting. We aren’t even a week in yet, and I’m envisioning this lasting through at least April and that’s the earliest, and for probably MLB or NHL. The NBA will probably take their time in coming back but when they do, I’m guessing they jump right into the playoffs. If not, this season could last through August and almost be running at the same time as the NFL is starting. 

Is anybody missing betting on sports, like me? And if so, what are you doing to replace that or are you just patiently waiting til things settle down?

2 hours ago, stevenwonder said:

Being a huge sports fan, this covid19 (coronavirus) has caused 95% of the sports leagues around the world to shutdown. The NBA was the first league to suspend its season and one right after the other, all levels of leagues from all sports in all parts of the world, followed suit. I’ve never seen anything like it before and probably won’t again. As a punter of most sports, this has completely made my life a living hell and the longer I go without betting on something. The crazier I’m getting. We aren’t even a week in yet, and I’m envisioning this lasting through at least April and that’s the earliest, and for probably MLB or NHL. The NBA will probably take their time in coming back but when they do, I’m guessing they jump right into the playoffs. If not, this season could last through August and almost be running at the same time as the NFL is starting. 

Is anybody missing betting on sports, like me? And if so, what are you doing to replace that or are you just patiently waiting til things settle down?

Perhaps you might want to look into going to Esports betting instead.

3 minutes ago, jamyr said:

Perhaps you might want to look into going to Esports betting instead.

Absolutely not. I am not going to wager on children playing video games. I am an adult that knows what real sports are. “E-Sport” is one of the dumbest things ever created. They are video games. They aren’t sports and the players aren’t athletes. To suggest I look into esports as some sort of substitution to wagering on actual athletics? Gimme a break. What is this world coming to?

Im not a fan of sports and never ever do a sportbetting, but the fact that covid-19 has really affected our countries economy , it actually hit us so much that the capital gets lockdown, and its kinda bit sad that so many things gets boring, cant get out of house, just a week but i feel like my whole life was at my house spending my day with boring stuff, no school and the most saddest part is that almost no internet :(

1 hour ago, stevenwonder said:

Absolutely not. I am not going to wager on children playing video games. I am an adult that knows what real sports are. “E-Sport” is one of the dumbest things ever created. 

Its not just a video game, 
We are evolving, digital age is where we are now. Its part of us. You're like my dad who used to be mad whenever he finds me burning hours playing dota. :D

it really affected the sports all around the world in a bad way , it also caused the crash of the btc price since a lot of bitcoin users used to gamble online using btc ! well i really wish they come back soon ! so then the price may raise again !

3 hours ago, jamyr said:

Its not just a video game, 
We are evolving, digital age is where we are now. Its part of us. You're like my dad who used to be mad whenever he finds me burning hours playing dota. :D

Your dad is a smart man because you know what? Dota is not a sport. It’s a game. It’s not anything like a real sport and never will be. It’s a video game league and those are not sports. I guess they call them e-sports to make themselves feel like they are an athlete but they are not athletes like ones that play physical sports. The point was betting on them? I’m not going to bet on one kid beating another in a video game and think, “oh this feels just the same and will suffice”

I am very upset and hope that this virus will soon disappear because it is very disruptive to the economy. I myself also like sports betting because it is very fair and also exciting when watching a match, but for now all the sports matches close and make me bet in a variety of games that honestly just make me bored.
I myself am active only to read chats and want to know how influential this is for life, and it turns out this is indeed a disaster that can not be joked.