windsfun

BTC wallet recovery Giveaway

This is great that you're doing this :) Hopefully itll make someone very happy. Im sure it would make me quite happy to win this after the week ive had at PD with all my losses! Thx for thinking of the community, good stuff.

oh, thats a good thing to and its so nice of you ! but it would be much better if you made a puzzle or something, at least people will use their brain to solve it !,

Wow that one hella of combination needed to be solve,  done following you and spread the words out for ya.  

Thanks for the trivia or whatever the hell it should be call :p. Hopefully I can solve it before someone else does hehe.  

Cheers

What a way to bless someone, but how am I going to get 1 out of the 12 random words. Just 12 random words out of the numerous words in the whole world. That's okay though. Goodluck to anyone that will win it. Loool. But I think you want to try it, guess Sleep as one of the words. I think sleep comes more randomly in almost all my wallets. So, go ahead and guess Sleep.

On 05/03/2020 at 19:56, windsfun said:

Hey guys, 

I just simple want to give 0.01 btc, so follow my post on twitter to get it.

The funds was moved to a different address. However there were 10 words and 2 are still unknown, perhaps the sponsor have had to use it. 

On 06/03/2020 at 20:55, Bimfo said:

What a way to bless someone, but how am I going to get 1 out of the 12 random words. Just 12 random words out of the numerous words in the whole world. That's okay though. Goodluck to anyone that will win it. Loool. But I think you want to try it, guess Sleep as one of the words. I think sleep comes more randomly in almost all my wallets. So, go ahead and guess Sleep.

even if you can guess sleep to be one of the words :D you still have 11 words to guess ! and if we said there are 100k different words in english ( its way more than that ofcourse ) you will have than 100000^11 , you can see the large number !! its simply impossible to guess the 12 recovery words :) 

Theres actually only 2048 words that can possibly used for BIP39 mnemonics, so this greatly reduces the chances of brute forcing it. Furthermore, if you have the wallet address to compare checksum it becomes even easier. Lastly, the words can only fit in certain spots, meaning you can't use all 2048 words in any spot and it depends on the words prior to it. I presume whoever cracked it did so in a few hours after receiving the 10th word :/ 

Highly doubt windsfun took it back out, hes a good guy and based on his wagering, I doubt he needed it for anything. 

30 minutes ago, sourc3code said:

Theres actually only 2048 words that can possibly used for BIP39 mnemonics, so this greatly reduces the chances of brute forcing it. Furthermore, if you have the wallet address to compare checksum it becomes even easier. Lastly, the words can only fit in certain spots, meaning you can't use all 2048 words in any spot and it depends on the words prior to it. I presume whoever cracked it did so in a few hours after receiving the 10th word :/ 

Highly doubt windsfun took it back out, hes a good guy and based on his wagering, I doubt he needed it for anything. 

Thanks for the info, 

blockchain recover don't have the feature like the one that gives this error message: "too many attempts pls try again later" ? 

1 hour ago, sourc3code said:

thank you for the info .. but even if its 2048 words, you still have a chance of ( 2048^12) which is 1/5*10^39 ... still impossible to do though ... maybe if you knew some words of the mnemonic you will have a better chance !, 

Hey guys, as you know somebody  somehow opened the wallet and moved 0.01 btc. I dont know jow it was made, but its a fact. 

Dont worry, I'll ke another giveaway soon. If you have ideas for the next one, pls do not hesitate to contact me, may be together we will make something more interesting

5 hours ago, windsfun said:

Hey guys, as you know somebody  somehow opened the wallet and moved 0.01 btc. I dont know jow it was made, but its a fact. 

Dont worry, I'll ke another giveaway soon. If you have ideas for the next one, pls do not hesitate to contact me, may be together we will make something more interesting

you mean he did it without knowing any word from the mnemonic ? thats amazing, he must be using a great algo to brute force it !

Hey there! 

Thank you for this giveaway! I'm sure it made someone happy. 😊

May I just ask you to lock this thread, at least for now, since the giveaway ended, and you can unlock it again if you decide to make a new one? :)  I appreciate your understanding. :)