williamsh

My experience with a bot

Heya everyone :)

So recently (as I do at least once a year) I reformatted my Windows 10 machine, with a clean copy of Windows. Now when I gamble on Primedice, I usually use the dicebot to apply various strategies, and other techniques. So I logged in as per normal, and started betting with bitcoin. My balance to start with was around 0.015 btc. I was simply betting 100 satoshis to complete one of the weekly challenges.

So I set it to bet aat 13x payout, and left it. About 30 seconds later, I checked it, and saw my stats were green (I was at around -500k satoshis before the challenge started). I could not believe it. I immediately pressed stop to see if I was betting in the correct currency, but when I clicked stop it already did one more bet of 800k satoshis.

So I looked, and saw bitcoin was still selected. The horror hit me when I saw the bot was making massive bets in bitcoin on a 13x payout. 

It turns out that by default, on my new formatted machine, martingale 2x was set (as I never use marginale on the dicebot). I won 0.014 btc on one of the bets, but unfortunately I stopped the betting a few seconds too late, otherwise I would have actually been able to make a bit of profit due to this mistake. But sadly, I ended up losing another 350k, making my stats for bitcoin about -0.0086.

The moral of the story is to always be careful with bots!

Hello,

I've had a bad experience with dicebot too. He just didn't stop when he should. The result was that my coins were gone in no time ... Haha ... Dicebot never again!

7 hours ago, Owly said:

Bots in hands of nabs xD

always look the heck you're doing :P

Yep, luckily it wasn't too costly of a lesson. From now on, it taught me to always check the settings each time and never assume the default settings are the ones I intend it to be.

Well due to this kind of things which can happen on bot, I usually test with dogecoin before going with main coin.

Well that could have your lucky day if you were able to detect fast lol

Samething once happened with me also when I was trying a script and was running it to recover my losses.

The script was quite aggressive and the thing I missed was to add stop condition in script.

Although I was lucky able to enter into green again but due to mistake not kept betting and it happened so fast that when I realized, all my balance was gone lol

So I will suggest testing your script on some low value coin and also put your balance in valut and only kept playing balance in main account, so even if you mess up, you would have things under control.

Edited by EpicGord

that often happens when we play with bots, so we need to be more careful with bot settings before pressing the play button. I made a few mistakes in bot settings. and that makes me lose. actually you can get profit if you press the stop button faster, good luck next time, friend

On 27/12/2019 at 16:37, EpicGord said:

Well due to this kind of things which can happen on bot, I usually test with dogecoin before going with main coin.

Well that could have your lucky day if you were able to detect fast lol

Samething once happened with me also when I was trying a script and was running it to recover my losses.

The script was quite aggressive and the thing I missed was to add stop condition in script.

Although I was lucky able to enter into green again but due to mistake not kept betting and it happened so fast that when I realized, all my balance was gone lol

So I will suggest testing your script on some low value coin and also put your balance in valut and only kept playing balance in main account, so even if you mess up, you would have things under control.

Yeah that is true what you say. However, it was my fault too. I should have been more careful in the way that I analysed the settings before I actually started betting.

There are certainly lot of things to check using bot. If you set it wrong then it will quickly lead you to gameover. Just one mistake in the bot configuration and you will regret it. Although there are basic settings you can use inbot which is similar to the site, but why use bot when you can do it in the site. Just my opinion. Maybe there are more reasons for others why they use bot. I used it shortly but I stopped after it lead me to a quick bust.