williamsh

Removal of Profit stats - The flip side of the coin

Heya everyone :)

So as we all know, the profit stats are gone. So I was thinking there could be a reason for this - because Primedice doesn't want people to stop gambling if they realise how much they have lost. Makes sense, since Primedice is a business.

However, for me personally, I used to always try and recover those red stats, and now since it is gone, I feel that I no longer have to chase my losses, and am now betting less. So the removal of the profit stats actually caused me to gamble less.

What do you guys think of this theory? Did primedice make a mistake by removing the profit stats?

Yes, I also liked to see profit or loss in statistics. Now it has become inconvenient and there is nothing more to strive for to recover losses. And I think that it should be returned, well, at least that's my opinion.

The -official answer- was that the profit section was removed because it was bugged. It dont showed correctly the amount of profit, this was based on the fact that coupons, bonus money and so on didnt counted for the stats (or so i read). 

I agree that its good if you see it as 'i have nothing red to recover since i cant actually see it'. But information is always key, now is a little more tedious to reach it. Still i can understand the reasons of why it was removed, like i said before in another post, just hoping that it will comeback fixed and that is. 

i used to check my profit stats every couple hours ! and it was a great feature that allows you to calculate your way of betting ! i thing they removed it in purpose ! they started with messages stats ! and they removed the profit stats after few while ! and i really think they will remove the wagered stats next ! just to make players wager without knowing how much they already wagered ! i really dont know if it is a part of their business ! but it is not a good move for us as players ! i wish they set the stats back ! and the messages stats also !

1 hour ago, RulerKhan said:

(or so i read). 

Could you please share the source of where you read it? I never knew they explained the reason for the removal of those stats, so I am super excited to read up more about it.

Well as a business I can understand why Primedice did that. Losing happens to the many of us and removing this content means we forget our principle amounts lost/won so we bet more. It's a bit of a strategy to earn themselves. I get that. I also don't mind that as I respect the decisions made by them. Everything has a reason/meaning and I just accept that. Do you think they could be making improvements on the live stats, I'm not sure... things change and I'm hoping that PD keeps going strong even with necessary changes.

Profit statistics are abolished, but we can check them through PM Modbot. I keep trying to make my profit statistics positive. I often check it via Modbot, and if one of my coins is negative, then I will try to make it positive again.

Profit stats is removed and now you can see it by pm modbot. So it's not removed actually. They did it so that other people can't see the profit of HR or someone else who haven't make it hidden. 

12 hours ago, RulerKhan said:

The -official answer- was that the profit section was removed because it was bugged. It dont showed correctly the amount of profit, this was based on the fact that coupons, bonus money and so on didnt counted for the stats (or so i read). 

Maybe you are right too. Cause after making the new system to see profit I found some of my negative profit showing less. I asked support and they said the bonuses and coupon loss don't count as loss now. So it's changed. Maybe they have changed it again. Cause my profit stats changed again after few days as it should be and as it was before. 

I feel quite happy because the elimination of profits so no need to see the losses that I have done, so when I play like there is no burden that makes me afraid to play. yes I agree with your opinion maybe primedice makes this matter so that players don't leave for fear of losing money, so I don't have to pay for losses I just focus on profits.

1 hour ago, nolep said:

I feel quite happy because the elimination of profits so no need to see the losses that I have done, so when I play like there is no burden that makes me afraid to play. yes I agree with your opinion maybe primedice makes this matter so that players don't leave for fear of losing money, so I don't have to pay for losses I just focus on profits.

but now we play like blind people , we dont know how much we won/lost in total, we can know if we won much or we're far to recover ! stats always helped us to calculate our moves ! it's a part of the game to keep you informed of how much you made so far.

It's good they removed the profit section cause I always try to chase my profit to cover the losses but ending up losing more.

Just now, williamsh said:

Could you please share the source of where you read it? I never knew they explained the reason for the removal of those stats, so I am super excited to read up more about it.

The source is pretty much support. They explained it on chat the same day to clear doubts, also im pretty sure that if you ask them directly they will say you the same. Its logical tho, i can understand the reasons, dont make it less ''tedious'' for us, but there is only one road left; adaptation til its over.

Someone said the profit or loss stats was removed to deter players from being discouraged because a lot of players get downcasted anytime they look at their overall stat.

I agree with PD don't want players to be aware of how much they lost or earn. So that player keep goin even they already lost much or earn much. Because player can no longer monitor earnings ang lost. Although that don't really make sense to gambler. Winning or losing a gamblers always keep going if they have some to gamble.

Yes I really don't know why Primedice and Stake removed the Statistics I always want to see 
how much my Profit and How much I lose because I can control my bet If i see my statistics

To be honest it doesn't bother me much to not see my stats, actually i prefer it like that , i know well i will never recover and i'm not aiming for that.

we can check it through PM Modbot, but for me it's easier and faster to see our profit if it looks like before being eliminated. so for me this is not practical for players.

hoping to return the Profit statistics display to how it used to be

I would have to think that the ability to see other peoples profits caused a sore in the sides of folks like myself? I would be quicker to think that than profit visibility being removed due to a user seeing his or her loss. I mean we feel that shit every time it happens. Or is that just me? I know pretty well what ive lost without it being visually ready for to be viewed. Everything...Lost everything. 

But ill get it back...just gotta keep rolling!

On 24/12/2019 at 01:03, energi1 said:

we can check it through PM Modbot, but for me it's easier and faster to see our profit if it looks like before being eliminated. so for me this is not practical for players.

hoping to return the Profit statistics display to how it used to be

Yeah even though you can PM the modbot, it just isn't the same for me. Nothing is better than just seeing it when you click your stats. They made a good point for removing it though.