BladeMaster

Race With Hidden Winners

Hi All,

Today I noticed that 5 of top 10 members were all hidden. I think that lost opportunity for others players as well as it kills the spirit of the race. So i think it is wise to pick the winners from visible players. i.e. if 100 players are selected as winners, all 100 players will be vissible. So sometimes that #1 winner might be the #3 if counted with hidden players.

Just my 2 cent opinion

On 26/10/2019 at 05:04, BladeMaster said:

Hi All,

Today I noticed that 5 of top 10 members were all hidden. I think that lost opportunity for others players as well as it kills the spirit of the race. So i think it is wise to pick the winners from visible players. i.e. if 100 players are selected as winners, all 100 players will be vissible. So sometimes that #1 winner might be the #3 if counted with hidden players.

Just my 2 cent opinion

And what about the privacy of those users? If they want to stay private where is the point? If I were to be a big gambler I would never want someone to know that I am a high roller. 

On 31/10/2019 at 17:18, iulianbutanu said:

And what about the privacy of those users? If they want to stay private where is the point? If I were to be a big gambler I would never want someone to know that I am a high roller. 

Aggree. I don't want their privacy to be lifted for the race. I just prefer hidden users to be excluded from the race. They are actually not participating in the race.

On 02/11/2019 at 11:25, BladeMaster said:

Aggree. I don't want their privacy to be lifted for the race. I just prefer hidden users to be excluded from the race. They are actually not participating in the race.

Why not? Any user who is playing is actually participating in the race. That is the eligibility of getting in, wager more and more when the race starts. But the problem of lurking beggars is always there.

3 hours ago, UltraChief said:

Why not? Any user who is playing is actually participating in the race. That is the eligibility of getting in, wager more and more when the race starts. But the problem of lurking beggars is always there.

This right here. 🔝

I think we should respect the decision of each player when It comes to privacy. The "hidden" feature it's there for something after all, if they were able to show their users just think about the number of messages from beggars. And yes, you can deactivate messages from strangers but that will not stop them from spamming your user in the chat, some of them are highrollers hunters that will not stop giving compliments just to have a "Tip". But hey, that's just my opinion, right? haha

3 minutes ago, lupandina said:

Just because player wants to keep his privacy, isn't a reason to exclude him from races/promotions, it would be just not fair O.o

Well, if you want to be hidden, you have to stay out of the public competitions. It's quite of logic right?

3 hours ago, iulianbutanu said:

Well, if you want to be hidden, you have to stay out of the public competitions. It's quite of logic right?

Since when privacy is a crime, which excludes you from anything? And what is purpose of knowing winners usernames at all? Just make them a target for beggars?

17 hours ago, lupandina said:

Since when privacy is a crime, which excludes you from anything? And what is purpose of knowing winners usernames at all? Just make them a target for beggars?

Who says it is a crime? But being private, makes you private out of the public events... Again easy logic

Attacking private players that put in large chunks of the action for the site to free up space for lower input players sounds like a bad business strategy.

You do not appear to be concerned about the optics of unknown players so I will bypass that aspect unless addressed later. 

These players put in a ton of action and deserve to get a promo that benefits them. You miss the aspect that rain/tips and contests are all paid for by active big fish.

Without them the benefits to new players/broke players washes up as marketing tightens the budget to keep afloat.  Is it really worth discriminating against private players that you would most likely rub one or two the wrong way in doing so! I think you need to look at the bigger picture as it does not take much action to get top 100. 

If you want something for lower activity or amount players you should state that, handicapping the field in this manner is ill advised.

Everything is elementary here ... Now, if out of 10 at least 4 are hidden, then 1) beggars will not stick
2) non-familiar people will not write (like congratulations, etc.)
3) Once again, they themselves will not light up