JstLikeMagyk

US Man Pleads Guilty to Running $25 Million Bitcoin Laundering Scheme

A US man has pleased guilty to laundering $25 million in bitcoin for drug dealers and himself

"The authorities allegedly claim that from 2015 through 2017 Kalra exchanged BTC and dollars, ran a Bitcoin ATM and admitted to making deals with drug dealers and other criminals."

I thought it was pretty funny he brought a fuckin btc atm that's really balling but it just goes on the pile of proof bitcoin really isn't so anonymous without a great deal of effort.

https://cointelegraph.com/news/us-man-pleads-guilty-to-running-25-million-bitcoin-laundering-scheme

kunal karla doing money laundering and selling drugs to federal agents in disguise. ???
hhahaha .... it looks like this guy is the wrong person ... why sell illegal drugs to security officers ??

Because of his involvement in narcotics, the other karla's mistakes are also increasingly apparent about money laundering involving cryptocurrency in Texas.
in America it is clear that bitcoin is strictly forbidden ... because of this action, local governments are increasingly increasing their security against the circulation of cryptocurrency ...
damn this karla ...¬¬

That's just crazy that people just don't realize that anonymity in Bitcoin just isn't all that anonymous any more.  The amount of stupidity some people exhibit never ceases to amaze me.

"Because of his involvement in narcotics, the other karla's mistakes are also increasingly apparent about money laundering involving cryptocurrency in Texas.
in America it is clear that bitcoin is strictly forbidden ... because of this action, local governments are increasingly increasing their security against the circulation of cryptocurrency ...
damn this karla ..."

I know right when I did a bit of digging about the case he had barely tried to obfuscate his coins using maybe one or to chain links of transaction to move said massive amounts of money.

Countries all over the world has already created a lot of rules and regulations regarding BTC. If I was this person with that fiendish intent, I won't use BTC. The coin is having too much attention under the media and US spotlight to be used on such schemes.

33 minutes ago, Angela said:

Countries all over the world has already created a lot of rules and regulations regarding BTC. If I was this person with that fiendish intent, I won't use BTC. The coin is having too much attention under the media and US spotlight to be used on such schemes.

Very true and many countries have or are developing ways of communicating with others and tracing bitcoin back to illegal dealings and operations.

9 hours ago, JstLikeMagyk said:

I know right when I did a bit of digging about the case he had barely tried to obfuscate his coins using maybe one or to chain links of transaction to move said massive amounts of money.

With proper blockchain forensics it is possible to make the work done by mixers and tumblers useless. Possibly as crypto becomes more popular we will see strict legal actions and then the craze of mixers will slow down. They are already being taken down and this will increase in future.

The funniest part is he barely did any obfuscation and successfully laundered this massive amount, yet he got picked up selling drugs to a federal agent instead, that's a combination that will get you sooner or later, it's only a matter of time. 

On 27/08/2019 at 09:31, allisonn said:

The funniest part is he barely did any obfuscation and successfully laundered this massive amount, yet he got picked up selling drugs to a federal agent instead, that's a combination that will get you sooner or later, it's only a matter of time. 

Yeah I know right like could he be any dumber I guess people just get too cocky in the end.