Jump to content
Xantys

Bankroll vs Balance

Recommended Posts

Hello guys. I decided to open up this topic to clarify these two terms. Well, everyone know what their balances are, that's straghtforward. But the trick is that many consider their balance as their bankroll. And when their strategy fails, they lose the whole balance aka bankroll.

But from money management point of view these are completely different things. One professional advise I've seen requires that your bankroll should be set up as 10% of your balance. And if you lose your bankroll, you're still alive with 90% of your balance left to recover and carry on. 

I know this is a very slow way to advance, maybe too slow for many. But again, money management requires that you must preserve your capital first and only then take care of profits.

What do you think guys? Do you distinguish between Balance and Bankroll?

Edited by Xantys

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think them concept of bankroll management comes in here. Every gambler should know this as a basic - not gambling more than 10% of your entire bankroll. So that is all your balance. If people follow this rule religiously often they will save themselves from getting busted of all their money, which often happens in casinos.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You described something important and it's good for sure. But maximum people don't run thorough any plan with their bankroll. And me too. I use to deposit 20-25% of my bankroll and if I lose it I deposit left 75-80% of my amount. Sometimes rage bet and lose all. But plying like this way would be more better. Appreciate your idea.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, Xantys said:

What do you think guys? Do you distinguish between Balance and Bankroll?

Bankroll would be your playing balance and what you have set aside, although I sometimes call bankroll and balance as the same. 

A good tool here is the vault. This way you can send your bankroll to vault and get some funds out from it whenever necessary, it may be a hassle since you need confirmation, but it is the safest way to not bust immediately.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well, maybe be a bankroll of 10% is quite conservative, you may apply your own percentages depending on your risk appetite. But I hope you understand the idea.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Xantys said:

Well, maybe be a bankroll of 10% is quite conservative, you may apply your own percentages depending on your risk appetite. But I hope you understand the idea.

From what I understand it's limiting your potential bust in 1 big swoop. 

Bankroll management, I remember I have read something about this from a professional poker player named isnortbooze , if my memory is correct. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I just understood about the difference between bankroll and balance. means the bankroll is the overall balance that we have, I draw conclusions from your statement that says "if you want to play, take 10% of your balance from your bankroll", so the bankroll is the overall balance. and I just understood the difference

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, UltraChief said:

I think them concept of bankroll management comes in here. Every gambler should know this as a basic - not gambling more than 10% of your entire bankroll. So that is all your balance. If people follow this rule religiously often they will save themselves from getting busted of all their money, which often happens in casinos.

This is actually very true especially if you are already ahead. PD has this function- the vault. Make sure you store a part of your bankroll (or if you are on a good streak, profit) on it so that you won't bust immediately. It also avoids sudden slide-down (and going home broke) whenever you are reaching the bankruptcy point of your strategy (martingale, for instance). However, this may only hold true in my opinion if you have a lot of balance or a coin such as XRP or DOGE because they are easily manageable in terms of quantity.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It is definitely important to distinguish between the two, however I view it as the opposite of what you have described.  To me, my balance is what I am currently playing with, whereas my bankroll is the total amount I have available in my wallet to replenish my balance.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I would never have a balance bigger than my bank roll, that is just silly. The main reason why people have a bank roll is to maintain a balance in the future. By not using a bank roll, you are just limiting your gambling sessions in the future and you would have to deposit/loan from other users in the future. :/ 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, ThePug said:

I would never have a balance bigger than my bank roll, that is just silly. The main reason why people have a bank roll is to maintain a balance in the future. By not using a bank roll, you are just limiting your gambling sessions in the future and you would have to deposit/loan from other users in the future. :/ 

but sometimes its  no good to bet for very long, atleast myself i like it go well quick, or it go away quick,so if loss less time lost, and well, if longer i just get bored, max is like 2h a day, betting for me. or i get bored and dont want to bet more.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 17/08/2019 at 18:42, Mahdirakib said:

You described something important and it's good for sure. But maximum people don't run thorough any plan with their bankroll. And me too. I use to deposit 20-25% of my bankroll and if I lose it I deposit left 75-80% of my amount. Sometimes rage bet and lose all. But plying like this way would be more better. Appreciate your idea.

if I could use your method, maybe I wouldn't experience destruction ...
the worst situation is to save all the savings in the vault, and when I find a long red, then I will also withdraw all my coins from the vault ... it happens because I expect a greater victory, but it actually crashes and it happens repeatedly

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Perfect your placement is this is exactly what I think, if I put all my existing capital in a wallet, ie my bankroll into a game, then my bankroll will become my balance.

And if I suffer defeat as much as possible, then I will lose everything and the situation will be complicated to try to recover, I have gone through it and learned the lesson of not making this mistake that is fatal in many cases.

So if bankroll is better to risk or invest only 10% in games, the rest work to generate the 10% in another way.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 25/10/2019 at 19:43, JohnTravel said:

Perfect your placement is this is exactly what I think, if I put all my existing capital in a wallet, ie my bankroll into a game, then my bankroll will become my balance.

And if I suffer defeat as much as possible, then I will lose everything and the situation will be complicated to try to recover, I have gone through it and learned the lesson of not making this mistake that is fatal in many cases.

So if bankroll is better to risk or invest only 10% in games, the rest work to generate the 10% in another way.

Do you also use this method 10% friend?
I will try it, even if it's impossible for me. because I am a person who cannot defend myself when betting, maybe because of that I also always suffer defeat constantly.
I hope I can apply this method in my mind, even though I myself believe that I am clearly unable to do it

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Very good idea with doing this topic. Well, also the base bet on PD should be based on your balance, and your balance should be a % of your bankroll. Never gamble what you can't afford to lose

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

i dont really know what the difference between the two concepts is, but i think the balance is the money you have or you deposited in the site, the some of the currencies you have in the site is considered as a balance, and the bankroll is what you have in total inside and outside the site, for me i always deposit my whole balance to the site, so the bankroll is the balance :D 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I view my bankroll as the amount which I am willing to lose, and it is always smaller than my balance. I never bet more than my bankroll, because that shows a lack of discipline.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×