JstLikeMagyk

Bitcoin dominance could trigget an altcoin bull market

https://cryptoslate.com/how-bitcoin-dominance-could-retrace-and-trigger-an-altcoin-bull-market/

"That said, the TD sequential indicator is giving a bearish signal in the form of a green nine. This technical index predicts a one-to-four weeks correction. Based on this bearish signal, BTC’s dominance could drop significantly, allowing altcoins to gain as capital flows out Bitcoin. Nonetheless, a green two candlestick trading above a preceding green one candle could invalidate the bearish signal given by the TD sequential indicator, allowing the uptrend to continue."

This is an awesome read and I really encourage my fellow primers to keep their minds open to different perspectives when discussing or contemplating such nuanced topics like this,

A lot of people I know are worrying a lot about their alt coin holdings. It is my personal belief that holdings in strongly backed by infrastructure coins such as ethereum should not worry about short term drops as over the long term we will still be considered earlier adopters of this technology.

It's also notable that bitcoins dominance could also be attributed too the market cap increasing in a FOMO like fashion between now and January that we've seen happen in a quite recurring fashion the last 3 years, many people trade alt coin for the ultimate goal of acquiring more bitcoin and it's perfectly reasonable to think they may have cashed out their altcoin to bitcoin in anticipation for a similar hike in price over Christmas.

Definitely a great read, thank you for posting it.  I have considered selling off some altcoins recently to acquire more BTC, and am very ikely to do so soon I would imagine.  I feel like BTC may dip back down around $8-9k, and if it does I will probably do just that.

I am holding on to XRP for quite some time now. I am going to wait for a big slide as well, I already lost hope on it since it dropped half as much for just 3 months, and never went back up since then (from $0.44 now down to $0.23 yesterday)...

20 hours ago, MrNice23 said:

If Bitcoin price drop to 8k, it will impact significantly the whole crypto market and especially altcoins, i bet on that.

I absolutely agree, since the altcoins tend to somewhat follow BTCs price fluctuations.  I may sell some off now before the dip and pounce on BTC if it drops to that level.

On 18/08/2019 at 04:47, Angela said:

I am holding on to XRP for quite some time now. I am going to wait for a big slide as well, I already lost hope on it since it dropped half as much for just 3 months, and never went back up since then (from $0.44 now down to $0.23 yesterday)...

Don't lose hope!! hodl !! 😛 I think it's a pretty good investment but that's just my opinion not advice

On 17/08/2019 at 12:36, burgervictor said:

Thanks for the news you bring to everyone. I will wait for Bitcoin's price to drop to around $ 8000 and I will sell all the altcoin that I am holding to buy Bitcoin

To be honest, I probably wouldn't wait until Bitcoin drops to $8000, it may or may not, but you have to thing that if it does the altcoins will likely drop as well.  I sold off some of mine already just in case.  I'm not trying to give advice, just an observation.