Partyboy

Long contents posts

On 22/07/2019 at 05:36, rembo2 said:

I agree long posts are not the most readable posts. I also try not to read such posts completely if the content does not interest me at the very beginning. I do not know why write so much text if everything can be expressed in a couple of lines.

true... a smart man once told me use as᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎ few ᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎words as possible to make your point come off as stronger... words are an art form for sure... to way of telling a story or an idea..

hey there partyboy! :)

I mean... I can definitely see where you are coming from by stating this here. I do sometimes do the same thing. I most of the time skim through it all really fast and see what it is about instead of reading the whole entire thing. I normally do this when I am really really tired though. I, most of the time, Do generally try and read it through a couple of times Thoroughly to ensure that I understand what they are on about in a topic. I think it is the best way to do it. To go through it a couple times to understand about the topic. :D

Have a good day! :)

I don't mind some of the longer posts as long as they don't get too awfully long.  I have also noticed that some of the longest posts get confusing because some of them are just spewed thoughts with no punctuation or sentences.  If they start out this way, I generally just skip them altogether. 

23 hours ago, Aazzah said:

hey there partyboy! :)

I mean... I can definitely see where you are coming from by stating this here. I do sometimes do the same thing. I most of the time skim through it all really fast and see what it is about instead of reading the whole entire thing. I normally do this when I am really really tired though. I, most of the time, Do generally try and read it through a couple of times Thoroughly to ensure that I understand what they are on about in a topic. I think it is the best way to do it. To go through it a couple times to understand about the topic. :D

Have a good day! :)

yeah ... you did it right ...
there are so many of them who comment on a post but their comments are not in accordance with the existing topic ... some even make a topic that the contents of the post do not match the title of the topic he made himself ..

you should read carefully the topic and understand carefully what the entry and purpose of the contents of the topic are, then make a comment. and try as much as possible to make useful comments, so ... the comments should also not be careless ... if it is not useful, why would someone comment on it ... ;)

On some topics, two or three sentences would have been enough to say all the essential. But some people tend to do it in half a page ... I don't read the whole articles when it happens

Hello there, so I just realized that Im not reading the whole content of the posts im commenting at, obviously because its so long and they're just repeating the same thing, I dont know if its intentionally but I dont really take time reading those long content posts unless there's something interesting. It'll just make your readers leave if you keep on repeating the same thing

This is so true johntravel writing like an essay for every post is just fucking ridiculous the lad needs to simmer down.

Posted (edited)

Maybe your just lazy to read ?  For me its not really a problem .  long post are i think better than short post as long as the post have some sense  .  its also a good idea if the poster will highlight some key points so that reader will know if what his trying to emphasize   , same as what we do on books or in schools

Edited by bitboy26
Erred

On 26/08/2019 at 19:35, bitboy26 said:

Maybe your just lazy to read ?  For me its not really a problem .  long post are i think better than short post as long as the post have some sense  .  its also a good idea if the poster will highlight some key points so that reader will know if what his trying to emphasize   , same as what we do on books or in schools

You are right, maybe a long post makes the reader clearer and understander when reading it. because sometimes the reader doesn't really understand the essence of the short post

I didnt read the entire thread but at the point reached no one had mentioned what i consider the reason behind long posts and also most obvious explanation! Among other things that determine the sats at the end of the post is the weight of its body. If i puke up a short paragraph or two about how my poppa and nanna use to make me kick cats if they mewed to loudly then i get a couple sats and go off on my way waiting for more. But you see...if i write a epilogue detailing the reasons they felt i was the chosen one for this task, the trauma that it cause for all parties involved and how now when i hear a kitty mew my reflex reaction is to field goal kick that fucker into the stratosphere....then i get a slightly larger sum of sats and go on my way waiting for more.

Its just a crypto greed thing and maybe they should take a writing class.

*Editors note no kitties were hurt in the making of this post.

On 26/08/2019 at 19:35, bitboy26 said:

yupzz ... while the content has meaning and purpose, it's clear that long posts are really needed ... because sometimes things have to be explained clearly and in detail so that people who read the posts are not wrong in interpreting or understanding the true purpose or meaning in the post ...

however, many do not place the intonation correctly, such as periods, commas, exclamation points, etc. ... even though the intonation in the reading articles is very important ... if not, the meaning and purpose will change from the original ... 🤔🤔🤔
this is very important to apply to people who often post things using lots of sentences ...

I don't like to read long content lol. When I scroll down and found it too long I feel like irritate. Though I share my opinion in long content. Sometimes I red it fully if I found it interesting. And most of the time I do like you 😂

6 hours ago, Mahdirakib said:

I don't like to read long content lol. When I scroll down and found it too long I feel like irritate. Though I share my opinion in long content. Sometimes I red it fully if I found it interesting. And most of the time I do like you 😂

sometimes it's like that ... reading content that is quite long is indeed very boring ... but if the content is interesting, isn't that something that should be read and understood the true meaning and purpose of the content ...

indeed if we look at the content that is long enough, a feeling of boredom will come to us first, especially if we have just experienced defeat in the hunt. but we still have to do it so we really understand the purpose and purpose of the topic, because if we can't understand the purpose of the content, how will we comment ... if we comment on the topic with comments that have nothing to do with the topic that, we will get a reprimand from the moderator ... it will be very embarrassing ....

for that, cultivate reading to the end of the content, even though it is very boring ... hopefully we get a little knowledge in the posts made by our friends .... :)

7 hours ago, @zulfandina said:

yupzz ... while the content has meaning and purpose, it's clear that long posts are really needed ... because sometimes things have to be explained clearly and in detail so that people who read the posts are not wrong in interpreting or understanding the true purpose or meaning in the post ...

however, many do not place the intonation correctly, such as periods, commas, exclamation points, etc. ... even though the intonation in the reading articles is very important ... if not, the meaning and purpose will change from the original ... 🤔🤔🤔
this is very important to apply to people who often post things using lots of sentences ...

Aye maybe not all of us are as grammatically literate as you Zulf...and i cant help that. I can write a sentence that doesn't offer the correct amount of dots or other dots with lines and stuff near them...try writing you intonation without a sentence my friend. How would that look? Eh? Whos got the upper hand now? Actually in writing class during college i was marked down quite a few times for lack of proper punctuation or use there of. But i passed the class. With a B no less. I always wanted to read a book title Comma. Because lord knows this old boy understands not the sentence structure or its decorations. Most of, all the, comma.!

Maybe a schooled squid wouldn't mind making a post detailing the ins and outs of sentence decorations....honestly id read it.

well, many of them worth reading ! i love reading so i have no problem reading the whole content ! and as you said some topics just repead the contents that have been posted before, i ifnore them, i am interested of new post, i dont care how long the content is as long as i enjoy reading and sharing ideas :)

16 hours ago, Mahdirakib said:

I don't mind reading long content posts as long as they're meaningful.  Too many of the long posts here are just rambling, with really no coherent thought and hardly any punctuation.  A lot of them are just hard to read and understand what is trying to be conveyed...

11 hours ago, hudost2 said:

Aye maybe not all of us are as grammatically literate as you Zulf...and i cant help that. I can write a sentence that doesn't offer the correct amount of dots or other dots with lines and stuff near them...try writing you intonation without a sentence my friend. How would that look? Eh? Whos got the upper hand now? Actually in writing class during college i was marked down quite a few times for lack of proper punctuation or use there of. But i passed the class. With a B no less. I always wanted to read a book title Comma. Because lord knows this old boy understands not the sentence structure or its decorations. Most of, all the, comma.!

Maybe a schooled squid wouldn't mind making a post detailing the ins and outs of sentence decorations....honestly id read it.

hahaha .... it seems there is also truth in your words, friend ...
but, .. many of my friends are not in school, but are able to put intonation correctly in conversation and writing ... do they study on the streets or do they have teachers in English grammer lessons who want to teach them without payment ???? ... it doesn't seem possible right ... they're just trying to cover up their ignorance by using the exact placement of intonation in a few words in one sentence ...

however, that doesn't matter now ... because gamblers don't really care about intonation ... all they need is a green line on a big payout ... hahahahaha ..... :)

On 01/09/2019 at 19:30, @zulfandina said:

Well I get your point and yes of course who's the person who won't read a topic he is interested in. All of us do, but yes it is interesting but due to long content its being boring that is making it less interesting. Ruining a beautiful cake by adding some vegetables in it, although vegetables are good, but it doesn't compliment the cake. As simple as that.

17 hours ago, @zulfandina said:

sometimes it's like that ... reading content that is quite long is indeed very boring ... but if the content is interesting, isn't that something that should be read and understood the true meaning and purpose of the content ...

indeed if we look at the content that is long enough, a feeling of boredom will come to us first, especially if we have just experienced defeat in the hunt. but we still have to do it so we really understand the purpose and purpose of the topic, because if we can't understand the purpose of the content, how will we comment ... if we comment on the topic with comments that have nothing to do with the topic that, we will get a reprimand from the moderator ... it will be very embarrassing ....

for that, cultivate reading to the end of the content, even though it is very boring ... hopefully we get a little knowledge in the posts made by our friends .... :)

Yes that's true, no one can stand against that, that sometimes things need to be explained detail by detail, but we all know as well that there are people just making their content long just for the forum satoshi. 

And as we all know, not all of us got good English writing skills, they can't even insert commas, periods, and more in a paragraph sometimes they dont know how to separate two ideas to make to paragraph.

16 hours ago, Chikou1306 said:

well, many of them worth reading ! i love reading so i have no problem reading the whole content ! and as you said some topics just repead the contents that have been posted before, i ifnore them, i am interested of new post, i dont care how long the content is as long as i enjoy reading and sharing ideas :)

You must have a wide vocabulary then, I don't read alot, unless I have to do so. But I love speaking or sharing my thoughts to others. 

I made a forum post before that was over 2000 words, and a lot of people that I know read it and enjoyed it.

At the end of the day, it depends on the context of the article.

Mine was about my gambling experiences and I thought that a few people might like to read it, to see if they can relate to any of the info that I gave.

If someone posted a 5000 word essay on why pugs aren't good pets, I would refuse to read it, no matter how informative it may be! :D:D:D

On 04/09/2019 at 03:52, ThePug said:

I made a forum post before that was over 2000 words, and a lot of people that I know read it and enjoyed it.

At the end of the day, it depends on the context of the article.

Mine was about my gambling experiences and I thought that a few people might like to read it, to see if they can relate to any of the info that I gave.

If someone posted a 5000 word essay on why pugs aren't good pets, I would refuse to read it, no matter how informative it may be! :D:D:D

You are right, as long as whatever topic is written will be read by others, depending on the context of the topic written, moreover what is written is related to gambling strategies that can make a profit, of course others will read it from beginning to end, but if it is written about things outside of gambling and does not appeal to the reader, maybe only a few people read it