jamyr

Quantum and Bitcoin

Currently the difficulty of finding a block is 9,064,159,826,491.41, and it makes me wonder when quantum computers took over, given their superiority to what we have available now, would this probably make mining faster in the future? 

Also wouldn't this affect security of wallets by simply having a public key of a target wallet?

Oh this is a difficult topic. I do not know all the possibilities of a quantum computer. But I think, until it becomes available for each user, not a little time will pass and Bitcoin will be all mined.:D

Quantum computers are supposed to be able to calculate private keys from available public keys. Of course using a normal computer, it's almost impossible to do the same thing. But quantum computers that have different ways of working, with a level of computation that goes far beyond today's computers, will be able to count many things that have not been able to be done now.
every bitcoin owner has two encryption keys: one private and one public. Use of this public key is easily generated only by using history. But on the contrary, it will be much more difficult.

Therefore, conventional computers do not have the computational power needed to obtain private keys from public keys, quantum computers can do it more easily.
now quantum computers are in the development stage, it is not impossible that this type of computer will dominate in the future.

Well lets just wait for whatever measures they will implement in regards to this, anyways, quantum availability-supremacy is not happening very soon.