Byteking

Old threads/topics

I recently commented on a very old topic, just to test if i am able to, and i was successful. but shouldn't old topics be closed, i think they should be closed because many of then aren't even relevant to current time.

what you all people think?

Old threads are kept open so people can comment on them if they are relevant enough. If you posting something that is no longer relevant or the thread has lost its purpose then it would be removed as "Necropost" and the thread locked. Posting in very old threads, you are only risking yourself getting you post removed for necroposting.

I encourage users to report posts that they think need to be removed and threads which need to be locked. I dont like to lock threads just because they are old because someone might find it relevant.

1 minute ago, phpkiller said:

yeah i think the same  latly  when i see some ppl bump old topic to farm coins i tag lorca or ultra to close it

Its better if you just report that thread/post, so any of the online staff can take care of it.

2 minutes ago, phpkiller said:

@UltraChief why not add a notification when u gona post in old topic saying "you are going to post in an old topic, please dont boost old topic for no reason"

It is a part of the forum rules. If people cannot follow the forum rules then I cannot help them.

On 19/07/2019 at 20:23, UltraChief said:

Old threads are kept open so people can comment on them if they are relevant enough. If you posting something that is no longer relevant or the thread has lost its purpose then it would be removed as "Necropost" and the thread locked. Posting in very old threads, you are only risking yourself getting you post removed for necroposting.

I encourage users to report posts that they think need to be removed and threads which need to be locked. I dont like to lock threads just because they are old because someone might find it relevant.

may I ask, is there a time limit for commenting on a topic? like old topics in 2017, is it okay to comment?

23 minutes ago, sheenaz.bay said:

may I ask, is there a time limit for commenting on a topic? like old topics in 2017, is it okay to comment? 

I think you did not understand the idea behind this rule. If you post in a topic which something that has been talked about several times and done only to farm the forum rewards then your post may get removed for being a necropost on an old topic. If the topic is relevant and an important topic of discussion then it wont be removed.