Jump to content
sheenaz.bay

Why is bitcoin more famous than other crypto currencies?

Recommended Posts

Speaking of crypto currencies, people usually directly point to Bitcoin. In fact, Bitcoin is only one of the many crypto currencies in the world.
However, why is only the most famous Bitcoin?
whereas crypto assets are not just Bitcoin. Some of them are Ethereum, Ripple, Bitcoin Cash, Ethereum Classic, Litecoin, and others.
Can you explain why Bitcoin is more famous than other crypto currencies?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, williamsh said:

Bitcoin was the first cryptocurrency, so it is naturally the one people associate with the term "crypto". I first heard about bitcoin in 2016, and only heard about other coins laste in 2017. 

so because bitcoin is the first cryptocurrency, that's why he's famous. what about the products that first existed, but which are more famous for their new products?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, sheenaz.bay said:

so because bitcoin is the first cryptocurrency, that's why he's famous. what about the products that first existed, but which are more famous for their new products?

Hmm, You've got a very good point that you've raised there. I'm not sure to be honest, I suppose the market supply and demand deems bitcoin to be valued more highly than the rest? Can't say for sure.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, sheenaz.bay said:

Speaking of crypto currencies, people usually directly point to Bitcoin. In fact, Bitcoin is only one of the many crypto currencies in the world.
However, why is only the most famous Bitcoin?
whereas crypto assets are not just Bitcoin. Some of them are Ethereum, Ripple, Bitcoin Cash, Ethereum Classic, Litecoin, and others.
Can you explain why Bitcoin is more famous than other crypto currencies? 

first because he (bitcoin) was the first of all the crypto coins available ... the others were just follow-up coins ...

second because he (bitcoin) still holds the highest record of price ... until now bitcoin still holds the highest price record of all crytocurrency assets

third because he (bitcoin) is still loved by inversors locally and abroad.

fourth / last because he (bitcoin) is considered to have the power that can make a poor person get rich in an instant, it can also be said that bitcoin is the future of poor people (who invest small and collect little by little their income to buy bitcoin when the price weakens, and continues to be collected ... until when the price rises ... they will sell at the same time the assets they have)

this is in my own mind

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

because its the oldest, the original, and the best currency to invest in for the long run, people trust in bitcoin for years now, and i dont think they will go for another currency sooner or later, its the original project for cryptocurrencies, so it is and will be the best for ever

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, @zulfandina said:

fourth / last because he (bitcoin) is considered to have the power that can make a poor person get rich in an instant, it can also be said that bitcoin is the future of poor people (who invest small and collect little by little their income to buy bitcoin when the price weakens, and continues to be collected ... until when the price rises ... they will sell at the same time the assets they have)

what if the poor people live in the countryside, there is no internet, there are no other computers / gadgets, how do they know bitcoin?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Bitcoin is the root and the core coin involving blockchain, other coins came as side projects. I heard about bitcoin for the first time in 2010/201, if I'm not mistaken, and there was no such thing as altcoins or whatsoever. Normal it got much stronger and known, otherwise alcoins would not even exist till this day. You can always, kinda, say that altcoins are niche coins, at least most of them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

yes of course i can explain it, bitcoin came first, and it caused all the main initial stir in the᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎ financial world, the fear etc... the novelty ... and of course.. btc is thus the mama and papa of every other coin that came after... it birthed altcoins one day and the rest is history

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 09/07/2019 at 13:18, maluss said:

Bitcoin is the root and the core coin involving blockchain, other coins came as side projects. I heard about bitcoin for the first time in 2010/201, if I'm not mistaken, and there was no such thing as altcoins or whatsoever. Normal it got much stronger and known, otherwise alcoins would not even exist till this day. You can always, kinda, say that altcoins are niche coins, at least most of them.

 

On 09/07/2019 at 14:53, Eminx3 said:

yes of course i can explain it, bitcoin came first, and it caused all the main initial stir in the᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎ financial world, the fear etc... the novelty ... and of course.. btc is thus the mama and papa of every other coin that came after... it birthed altcoins one day and the rest is history

ok, we all know bitcoin is crypto first. but is the first one always famous? like the Nokia mobile phone which only became history after the emergence of various other mobile brands

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Han2x said:

It is because bitcoin started it all. Bitcoin is the father of all the coins. It's a model they just follow bitcoin. And it's the most in demand by investors because it already got the trust. 

if to get trust, there are many coins that have also gained trust such as bch, eth and ltc. and btc is the first coin, but is the first one always famous? like the Nokia mobile phone, which has history of various other mobile brands

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Han2x said:

It is because bitcoin started it all. Bitcoin is the father of all the coins. It's a model they just follow bitcoin. And it's the most in demand by investors because it already got the trust. 

It seems like that's not the point ...
not because trust in bitcoin can dominate the world of cryptocurrency ...

indeed, usually the pioneer, he will be in the top position ... but not because of people's trust in him (bitcoin), in my opinion, why do they always rely on bitcoin? it's because of its strength in surviving and struggling in the world of cryptocurrency, so the value is still above even though the price can sometimes go down, but in terms of ranking, he is still top ..

trust is there because it's born ... not because it's made up

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, sheenaz.bay said:

if to get trust, there are many coins that have also gained trust such as bch, eth and ltc. and btc is the first coin, but is the first one always famous? like the Nokia mobile phone, which has history of various other mobile brands

It is the basis of all the crypto. Try to educate someone about ethereum I am sure that someone will be lead to Bitcoin. Every question about crypto will possible lead to bitcoin. 

6 minutes ago, @zulfandina said:

It seems like that's not the point ...
not because trust in bitcoin can dominate the world of cryptocurrency ...

I agree with you that trust is not the only reason why Bitcoin is popular but I guess it's one aspect to consider. :) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's because it's the original I personally have a theory that the fact satoshi has 4.7% of all bitcoin and has never touched them that has help peoples confidence. Yesterday ripple devs sold an enormous amount of xrp and a lot of it was directly to exchanges which isn't good for individuals at all, things like that shortly after it begins to take off cause massive distrust towards an altcoins creators.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, JstLikeMagyk said:

It's because it's the original I personally have a theory that the fact satoshi has 4.7% of all bitcoin and has never touched them that has help peoples confidence. Yesterday ripple devs sold an enormous amount of xrp and a lot of it was directly to exchanges which isn't good for individuals at all, things like that shortly after it begins to take off cause massive distrust towards an altcoins creators.

@JstLikeMagykmate I don't know if that will give me more information on how bitcoin become famous. I don't get the point? 😅

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The reason Bitcoin is more popular than other crypto currencies is that Bitcoin was first created in the crypto world. I myself know about Bitcoin before I know ETH and other coins
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well bitcoin is the most famous coin because it's the first one, isn't obvious? Bitcoin has revolutionized financial system proposing an alternative to the traditional banking system  thanks to its network Blockchain , where you can send an a valuable asset to another person without any third part by paying small fees.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

when it comes to your mind about crypto it bitcoins first hit the mind and the liquidity and the free from regulations is the main thing to make it more popular than others. and also you can keep secret of your funds and easy accessible. so it mo r e and more popular . instead of other coins

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Pretty much what everyone has already said - It's the most popular because it was the first coin to be used in this manner so naturally it would have the most market dominance over other newer coins. Without bitcoin, there would be no other cryptocurrencies as the concept was first developed around BTC. Yes there are various technology pieces that have come later on such as smart contracts that BTC does not have, however again these features would have never been conceived without the basic concepts and practices developed around BTC.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Surely everyone knows that Bitcoin is the first coin to be created in the cryptocurrency world. So this is the only reason Bitcoin has become famous. You know, the first things that are created are always the best
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×