Byteking

Physical Bitcoins by Casascius

Does anyone knows or own about physical bitcoin by casascius?

If someone have it, especially Casascius series 1 coins,

I have some question for them.

First tell me if you have one.

Posted (edited)

For anyone questioning what the heck is this topic about:
https://www.casascius.com/

฿1 Casascius Coin: This is a solid brass coin.  Each 1-bitcoin coin is about 1.125inch (28.6mm) in diameter (just bigger than a US quarter but smaller than a half-dollar) and weighs a quarter ounce.  Perfect as a small gift to introduce someone to Bitcoin.  Also available in a ฿0.5 version which is slightly smaller at 1 inch (25.4mm).

฿1 Gold-Plated Fine Silver Casascius Round. This is a 39mm 1oz silver round accented with gold electroplating on the rim and on the Bitcoin logo, loaded with one digital bitcoin.

฿0.5 and ฿0.1 Fine Silver Casascius Rounds These are a half-ounce and quarter-ounce rounds (respectively) of fine silver. Diameters are 30mm and 25mm.

Casascius 2-Factor Gold-Plated Savings Bar: Dress your Bitcoins for tomorrow, make them look their best in your vault today.  Would weigh about 12 ounces if it were solid gold, this is a 4.2-ounce metal alloy bar with gold plating.  A neat-looking novelty that looks unmistakably valuable.  Available as a pre-loaded 100 BTC bar, as well as a non-denominated savings bar.  Two-factor encryption is available at no charge.  Bar is 80mm x 40mm x 6mm.

Edited by DreamStage

4 hours ago, Byteking said:

Does anyone knows or own about physical bitcoin by casascius?

If someone have it, especially Casascius series 1 coins,

I have some question for them.

First tell me if you have one.

The best place to get information regarding this is the bitcointalk collectibles section.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?board=217.0

There are several collectors there who trade their collected physical bitcoins among themselves. However be careful of scammers there and use and escrow to be safe. I myself dont own any such coin but I know people who do.

Bitcoin is a virtual currency, and that's where one of its advantages is compared to paper and coin as we usually use. But there are times when we suppose that Bitcoin has a physical form. This is what Casascius offers. Casascius is the first company to offer coins in various denominations, which are also equipped with QRcode to spend Bitcoin contained in these physical coins.