Jump to content
Kate

Why not bring KYC ?

Recommended Posts

So KYC we all know it it is called Know your customer which basically means you have thr ight to ask a customer for their ID just to verify them as a real person. And i was thinking why hasn't primedice introduced this yet ? Because there are a lot of benefits that KYC can provide :

  • Beggars will be reduced
  • Pm Loan askers will be reduced
  • Advertisement bots will be reduced
  • And mich more.

In my mind , it is that KYC is bad and everyone hates it but Primedice introducing it could be a good idea in my mind and a good run towards it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What is the point of having a decentralized blockchain network then? I think there are better ways to go about solving these issues. And besides, it is easy for people to provide fake information and bypass this KYC information.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think that a lot of rich players will not want to provide KYC, because crypto is not legal in all countries. And may begin the outflow of customers. Most users of crypto are in the shadows.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well, Eddie stated in his stream before that he wanted it just like this to give opportunities for anyone to gamble without sharing much info. And I think this is better too since people sometimes value their identity too much, especially the high rollers. So it's gonna be a no for sure.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Kate said:

So KYC we all know it it is called Know your customer which basically means you have thr ight to ask a customer for their ID just to verify them as a real person. And i was thinking why hasn't primedice introduced this yet ? Because there are a lot of benefits that KYC can provide :

  • Beggars will be reduced
  • Pm Loan askers will be reduced
  • Advertisement bots will be reduced
  • And mich more.

In my mind , it is that KYC is bad and everyone hates it but Primedice introducing it could be a good idea in my mind and a good run towards it. 

lol it is virtual currency why does you want kyc in primedice ? If you want to kyc yourself just give your IDs to support .Thats it . lol .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah , I reckon it would be counterproductive too....  More often than not, it's HRs who move funds around..  I don't think they would be  fond of the idea of anybody knowing their identity. 

Although if Kyc is anonymous even on the backend then it might work and be useful but it would be a nightmare to implement because the support peeps would know eventually incase there is a glitch to be solved manually.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

First you say you that in your mind KYC is bad then you say it is good? O.o

What's the point of having a KYC in a Casino that basically provides you the gambling with crypto currencies since they are the ones that provides you anonymity.

KYC is basically essentially for exchangers where you provide your info so you can buy crypto using your fiat and vice versa.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

To be honnest i don't like to provide my ID, i want to be anonymous and i guess most of gamblers prefer that , not mentioning that in ùany countries gambling is illegal so i don't think bringing KYC  in PD would be nice thing. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Players privacy is one of strongest side of crypto gambling, compared to usual fiat gambling.

For some it's because of laws in their country, for others, idk, just way to hide gambling activity 😉

And, just. KYC sucks 😂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, MrNice23 said:

To be honnest i don't like to provide my ID, i want to be anonymous and i guess most of gamblers prefer that , not mentioning that in ùany countries gambling is illegal so i don't think bringing KYC  in PD would be nice thing. 

I also don't like it for those specific reasons ;)

16 hours ago, lupandina said:

Players privacy is one of strongest side of crypto gambling, compared to usual fiat gambling.

For some it's because of laws in their country, for others, idk, just way to hide gambling activity 😉

And, just. KYC sucks 😂

Or even to hide it from family members or for example at India where there are so many People involved.

Edited by DreamStage

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Byteking said:

Yeah I hate kyc

I just want to be anonymous and suddenly someone ask for driving licence,

bitcoin is Anonymous, So why not Bitcoin users?

First of all: Bitcoin is not anonymous... What is anonymous are your transacations and your private keys if you don't provide them to public.

Bitcoin user same thing as long you dont reveal yourself.

About KYC is mandatory on some exchanges in case you want to send your money to your bank account how you think you would be verified?

Of course they will ask you for verification....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, DreamStage said:

First of all: Bitcoin is not anonymous... What is anonymous are your transacations and your private keys if you don't provide them to public.

Bitcoin user same thing as long you dont reveal yourself.

About KYC is mandatory on some exchanges in case you want to send your money to your bank account how you think you would be verified?

Of course they will ask you for verification....

by Anonymous i meant Decentralized

so no government or any third party is involved, and you can spend it however you want no one will ever know.

And when you provide kyc, government can see your purchases, how much you spend, that something I don't want anyone to know.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Byteking said:

by Anonymous i meant Decentralized

so no government or any third party is involved, and you can spend it however you want no one will ever know.

And when you provide kyc, government can see your purchases, how much you spend, that something I don't want anyone to know.

You are not making any sense :)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anonymity vs https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Decentralization

Government won't be involved if you are anonymous since they will probabily have a hard time trying to get your informations...

Decentralized means it's not controlled by a single identity.

When you provide KYC to a company doesnt mean that company will provide it to government UNLESS it's mentioned under their POLICIES and TOS.

Let's say you want to send your money as i said previously to your bank, how would an exchange send the money to your bank without knowing that the bank ID is yours?

Edited by DreamStage

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, DreamStage said:

You are not making any sense :)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anonymity vs https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Decentralization

Government won't be involved if you are anonymous since they will probabily have a hard time trying to get your informations...

Decentralized means it's not controlled by a single identity.

When you provide KYC to a company doesnt mean that company will provide it to government UNLESS it's mentioned under their POLICIES and TOS.

Let's say you want to send your money as i said previously to your bank, how would an exchange send the money to your bank without knowing that the bank ID is yours?

i don't want to send anything to bank.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, Byteking said:

i don't want to send anything to bank.

How i am guessing you want to use the exchange between traders then? :P

That would still require to provide some kind of private data else how will end up sending your money.

Or even receiving from a third party user?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey @Kate

We actually do already have it on the site, but we use it if we notice certain suspicious behavior from a user:

http://prntscr.com/obweba 

You may find it in our ToS: https://primedice.com/?modal=terms

I'm not sure if we will ever implement it in such extent which you mentioned since we would need a whole team just for that and to be honest, I'm not certain what would the benefits be. The ones you listed don't really make much sense in my mind, but I could easily be wrong, so feel free to correct me. :) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 17/06/2019 at 14:06, Kate said:

So KYC we all know it it is called Know your customer which basically means you have thr ight to ask a customer for their ID just to verify them as a real person. And i was thinking why hasn't primedice introduced this yet ? Because there are a lot of benefits that KYC can provide :

  • Beggars will be reduced
  • Pm Loan askers will be reduced
  • Advertisement bots will be reduced
  • And mich more.

In my mind , it is that KYC is bad and everyone hates it but Primedice introducing it could be a good idea in my mind and a good run towards it. 

Nice idea @kate.  So that I can prove that I have no alts. :) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Suspicious players for breaking the rules, it is easier to block than to collect information on them. And who will release their data? It's a bad idea. The casino will need to convince the player of the confidentiality of his data to begin with. This is a collection of personal information.

Edited by PIPOS

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, PIPOS said:

Suspicious players for breaking the rules, it is easier to block than to collect information on them. And who will release their data? It's a bad idea. The casino will need to convince the player of the Confederacy of his data to begin with. This is a collection of personal information.

You have the point mate. Casinos like to have lots of members, and if KYC is required then I think members will be reduce. That change my mind. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I suppose what Kat said makes a lot of sense. If the Primedice team notices suspicious activity from your account (such as the hufflepuff case from a while back), and users winning impossible amounts, then it makes sense to get the info. But in most cases, for 99.99% of users, the information would not really be of too much use.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

if there is KYC in primedice there is a benefit and there is a possibility that it will also have a negative impact on Primedice. maybe you have explained KYC benefits in your thread, but if you talk about the impact of KYC if there is one in the user primedice, this is online gambling, anyone can play, what about minors who cannot register here. the user is definitely reduced and primedice doesn't want that

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×