Kate

How bitcoin was just thrown around before?

So you all know the bitcoin and pizza story right ? Where a man wanted to buy pizza for like 10000 bitcoin's. I found the link where he originally posted the thread and asked people for it ( link at the end ) this is interesting to see how people not only him but other too in the comment section wanted to buy pizza and all other kinds of stuff with bitcoin and were offering like 1000 bitcoins for 1 pizza .

Just seeing the past of bitcoin and how people used it before just seemed very very weird because now people are paying more than a pizza cost for bitcoins and before people were just spending it like it was nothing.

What do you guys think ? How does this make you feel ?

Link : https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=137.20

Well the way bitcoin was treated is the way many of us treat doge, mostly as a joke. So, we could have huge regrets if doge does become a popular coin in the future, but currently, its value does not warrant us to treat it some something we should keep close.

Wild laughter with sadness ...
Sadness about why I didn’t save bitcoins in a reliable wallet at the time to buy pizza) xD

The joke is that now even for bitcoin can  buy ~ 1000 pizza

I think he must have wanted to turn the time to return the 10,000 bitcoin he had and exchange it for pizza. and maybe when he saw the post feeling laughing because it was very funny when seen at this time. hopefully dogecoin can go up and make a lot of people surprised.

No one would think that Bitcoin would be such high active transacted currency. Not only that but who would think of it being traded to fiat and have some sort of big value for real life situations.

Blockchain had no such new technologies making what Bitcoin can be at the moment so people would not be thinking of new possible ways to use Bitcoin.

Only those who opened minds could think of such situational events thus winning now with their profits from hodling.

I don't think he will regret one bit about buying 10000 btc pizza at that time. He just wanted to see how BTC was working. I think I went to his page on bitcoin talk and you will see he doesn't regret it. People have even donated to him than he could imagine. I think he just bought Pizza that time to be fulfilled, he didn't mind about the money, which it is kind of surprising with the way he is talking. 

10000 BTC then was like 41$ and he still threw it away for a piece of pizza, so what are we saying? He bought the pizza because he wanted to throw money around not because of the money.

And to people thinking dogecoin will come up like that. It can't. It's owner didn't create it because of it to go very high. The project is to target people like me. Poor poor people that can't afford BTC

I agree with them that no one expected that blockchain will be adopted by many individuals and the price of bitcoin would reach that high nowadays. Its a regretful feeling if I were in his shoe but who knows he still have some btc holds up to now and at least he had enjoyed the pizza.

Edited by iris05

Well no one could see back in days that Bitcoin will go this big in future otherwise no one would ever do this.

And even their are stories about people who forgot about their Bitcoins after purchasing it and year's later when prices rise, they got lucky and became rich.

Ofcourse Bitcoin was not worth more than 10 cent's in back of days so it's actually make sense to pay 1000 Bitcoin for pizza lol, some of them would have wishing now that if they would have bought sandwich or something cheaper.

back to old days, no one expected that bitcoin will reach the level i reached today, many people were thinking it will stick at 10$ price, in fact i dont blame them, the project was new ! and investing with high amounts was very risky ! now we have nothing to do but to regret !