Kate

IEO a new term in the crypto world.

Today i was browsing the ICO lists and was just going through and trying to learn a bit kore about ICO's and i had come over a new term that has come into the market called IEO and i was surprised and confused by what is this new term called. So i searched for the difference between an ICO and an IEO and i have found this interwsting article.

Basically an IEO is where the buyers can only buy if they have an account in an exchange where as in an ICO you can directly buy without much effort.

This seems like a good way to control the supply of the coins that they make and sell to the people.

What do you think ?

Link to article : https://www.google.com/amp/s/thenextweb.com/hardfork/2019/03/21/initial-exchange-offering-ieo-ico/amp/

Well if an exchange is very popular, like Binance, then it wouldn't really make much difference because people would be buying the IEO's from the exchange anyway (same with ICO's). I guess they are just a bit more exclusive than ICO's.

After the ICO craze ended there came the STO craze and now the IEO craze. IEO stand for initial exchange offering. The concept was not new, hitbtc was doing it previously and I dont think the term was prevalent then. However its not anything different from ICOs and people should approach then the same precautionary measures.

for me IEO is very useful for project developers and exchanges. For most investors, buying tokens from reputable crypto exchanges is very important, especially given the high prevalence of fraud in the ICO world.