sheenaz.bay

how do you balance gambling and personal life?

Managing your career / academic world and personal life is sometimes a headache. Most adults recognize that their school life or career interferes with their relationship or family, and vice versa. By being able to balance your career and personal life, you can be a more productive person, and not easily depressed. To be able to balance it, careful planning and preparation are needed, but this can still be done. As a gambler, you have work risks, how do you balance work and personal life?

It's very hard to balance personal life and gambling , especially for me , i learnt many thing from gambling experience but i lost everything that worth for me in my life , not only money but family , girlfriend, friends , is is like i gambled them away lol but well life goes on and we must find a balance or quit it .

53 minutes ago, MrNice23 said:

It's very hard to balance personal life and gambling , especially for me , i learnt many thing from gambling experience but i lost everything that worth for me in my life , not only money but family , girlfriend, friends , is is like i gambled them away lol but well life goes on and we must find a balance or quit it .

what you experience is almost the same as me. I lost friends and family time. yes maybe this is part of my life that I have to face.

6 minutes ago, CaptainLorca said:

Easy. My private life will always come first. Gambling is a thing I do, but it is not so important that it would affect my life on any basis.

Do you have a main job besides gambling? like me who own a business and I have to share time for my work, guard me and gamble. because after all gambling is very difficult for me to leave

Gambling never interfered with my personal life. My wife knows what I do and doesn’t see anything wrong with that. The only negative is that I sometimes sit up late.

If in my childhood I combined school, swimming, personal life with hobbies, then why can't I now)
It seems to me that there is a lot of time, and there is no need to hurry so quickly, and if I don’t have time for something, then I don’t do that day)

58 minutes ago, sheenaz.bay said:

Do you have a main job besides gambling? like me who own a business and I have to share time for my work, guard me and gamble. because after all gambling is very difficult for me to leave

Unfortunately not atm. Over a month by now. In general it’s just managing your free time.

You gotta choose how you invest your time. Work comes first. Personal issues.. come first.

Easy, when I have free time, I gamble online. I never spend time gambling where I could be doing something else productive or spending that time with family or friends. That is how I see it. If you gamble instead of working or spending time with friends, then I think it is a problem.

To adjust life and gambling to be balanced, I often set up a work schedule for the day. I only gamble when I have completed all the things that I have listed, which helps you balance your life and gambling.

Well, gambling is just one of forms of my free time (which i have not so much). After all planned things are done, and I have "my time", sometimes I'm choosing reading, sometimes crafts, gardening, movies... Or sometimes glass of wine and hi lo 😅

5 hours ago, Kate said:

Just don't play with the money you need to survive with and just use some of the money that you use to spend for different activities offline or for other various activities. 

this is not a problem about money, but about balancing the time between my work, family and gambling

I just do gambling when I have free time, gambling is not in my top priority in time management since I just gamble for extra money and entertainment. Career > personal life > gambling.

9 hours ago, misamo said:

I just do gambling when I have free time, gambling is not in my top priority in time management since I just gamble for extra money and entertainment. Career > personal life > gambling.

means you are among those who can manage time. Time management can be said as a skill in managing time so that your whole life depends on it.

Including your future success depends on how you manage your time as well as possible.

To be able to balance gambling with personal life is  gift and not everyone possesses it. Some people get lost in gambling that it affects their personal life and the way they think in general. As for me, I am doing great, I am a Masters student in my profession, I know when to start my project, and read. I know when to pick my laptop and read. I know when to pick up my phone and gamble away. I know exactly the time my girl wants my time and I should leave my laptop.

It's hard most times, but that is when self control and discipline gets into play. Because without self control, you might not be able to achieve anything reasonable in this life. But with self control and discipline, You are not addicted to anything in particular. Addiction is a very very bad thing, and it can ruin a person's life and future.

On 17/06/2019 at 12:58, Bimfo said:

To be able to balance gambling with personal life is  gift and not everyone possesses it. Some people get lost in gambling that it affects their personal life and the way they think in general. As for me, I am doing great, I am a Masters student in my profession, I know when to start my project, and read. I know when to pick my laptop and read. I know when to pick up my phone and gamble away. I know exactly the time my girl wants my time and I should leave my laptop.

It's hard most times, but that is when self control and discipline gets into play. Because without self control, you might not be able to achieve anything reasonable in this life. But with self control and discipline, You are not addicted to anything in particular. Addiction is a very very bad thing, and it can ruin a person's life and future.

all your words always make me think that you are right. you always give good advice. Thank you for the advice. good luck

On 08/06/2019 at 15:30, sheenaz.bay said:

Managing your career / academic world and personal life is sometimes a headache. Most adults recognize that their school life or career interferes with their relationship or family, and vice versa. By being able to balance your career and personal life, you can be a more productive person, and not easily depressed. To be able to balance it, careful planning and preparation are needed, but this can still be done. As a gambler, you have work risks, how do you balance work and personal life? 

Time is money....
time discipline is the key ...
if we can divide time in great detail in one day and night (24 hours), of course we can balance it ... divide it on time ... even though sometimes with compulsion ...

gambling is not coercion but choice ... if we have chosen, it means because we already know when and when it's time to play gambling ...
dividing time is the key ... time discipline is the implementation ...

In order to keep myself away from problems I never gamble with money that I can't afford to lose. I know this is a written rule and everyone knows it but the truth is most people don't respect it because they are to addicted to gambling. 

On 06/07/2019 at 04:58, @zulfandina said:

Time is money....
time discipline is the key ...
if we can divide time in great detail in one day and night (24 hours), of course we can balance it ... divide it on time ... even though sometimes with compulsion ...

gambling is not coercion but choice ... if we have chosen, it means because we already know when and when it's time to play gambling ...
dividing time is the key ... time discipline is the implementation ...

yes you are right, I should be able to divide the time between gambling, work and family. that's what I have to do

I suppose for me, I do not put much emphasis on balancing my professional and personal life with gambling.  I have responsibilities to my family so my career and personal life take a huge priority, and gambling is something I sometimes do if I have some spare time to do it.  I do not specifically set aside particular times or an amount of time to gamble, I simply do it when I am able to.

On 08/06/2019 at 09:45, MrNice23 said:

life is not fair for some of us, and yeah, we should take a good steps, and to calculate every single move, i am sorry for your loss, and i do feel you, i lost manythings because of gambling also, wish i spent that whole time with family and friends and doing good things to my own. i really started to think about my next move, about what comes after gambling and i suggest you to do the same as long as you lost everything. lets try to get up all over agin, and try to fix what could be fixed, hope its not too late . :)

Sometimes it's hard but you just have to do some management plan like if you have some free time then you can gamble 😉 always focus on the real life this is just to kill time and have fun thats it hehe. Anyway goodluck yall