Kate

Can you send bitcoin withouth the fee ?

So bitcoin transactions a very common term because all of use Bitcoin everyday and send it to different wallets and these are called transactions and for these transactions we have to pay a certain fee for it to get confirmed. And there is no way to not pay the fee and send the transaction nothing that i know off.

I just wanted to see if anyone has ever sent a transaction with 0 fee ? If so which wallet was that lol ?

Just was wondering if anyone has sent a transaction with no fees because we always have to pay a dreadful amount of fees.

I once tried to send a bitcoin transaction with a minimum commission and I was not happy that it did. My transaction was frozen and I had to use the service to speed up transactions otherwise I would have to wait forever.

As far as I know you can, but you might never get your transaction executed, because miners might not want to complete the transaction if no fee comes with it. So best to just pay a small fee, and some miner will process the transaction.

Lol. Nothing goes for nothing. Why would you decide yoyu want to send something, and you don't want to pay a fee. With the rate of everything now, the mining fee sometimes is more than the transaction you want to send.

That's why I just change my BTC to another cheaper coin before sending the coin. Because the BTC is now to expensive for me to send, and it's giving headache. I once complained to support and everyone was just laughing. Like, you should know the higher the money, the higher the fees. I was mad that day though.

So, if you don't want to wait for so many long time, you just pay the fees and move on.

I have not seen a transaction without fee though or I have not heard about it.

I did use a wallet which didn’t had a fee for transactions in the past, but I didn’t really trust it. It was an online wallet and the website was down for like 40% of the time. The minimum withdrawl of the wallet to another one was 100k satoshis, the same minimum amount was there for a deposit, something you received from another wallet. Everything bellow 100k satoshis would not be added to your wallet, so goes to the owner of the site. There was also some kind of delay for a withdrawl, you had to wait for up to 3 days, before it got transferred.

As far as I know you can do that but only using some special wallets because most online and offline wallets right now already require you to pay a minimum fee for your transaction in order to make sure it doesn't get stuck. So even if you find a wallet where such a transaction with 0 fee is possible I strictly don't recommend you to so it mainly because it's basically never going to be confirmed and accepted into the network. 

Posted (edited)

Basically you need to understand that is impossible...

Who provides you the possibility for that are the miners...

Unless you would reuse another address and that's why when you use the same address transactions take less.

Here's some info for you: https://www.buybitcoinworldwide.com/mining/

Miners include transactions sent on the Bitcoin network in their blocks.

A transaction can only be considered secure and complete once it is included in a block.

Why?

Because only a when a transaction has been included in a block is it officially embedded into Bitcoin's blockchain.

Edited by DreamStage