Jump to content
sheenaz.bay

Can gambling be categorized as one type of work?

Recommended Posts

The essence of gambling is the desire to earn a lot of money or income without the work value equivalent to the amount earned. Here the luck factor becomes very fundamental and the income earned from gambling is the result of the losses suffered by other gamblers. That is, people cannot earn money through gambling without making others lose as much money as possible. Accumulatively, pleasure is obtained through the acquisition of money without equal work values and pleasure obtained through the defeat of its opponents.

while work is a fundamental reality in all societies and there is a kind of "classes" for this. a job requires certain skills or skills that are either obtained through formal, informal education and personal experience. work has a measurable income means there are separate calculations to determine the eligibility of wages or salaries received by a worker. Measured here includes calculations regarding the level of difficulty, position, level of education, number of hours worked, etc.

Referring to the definition of gambling and work above, I say that gambling is not a job. because the income earned from gambling is "not measurable". if anyone wants to argue that gambling also requires skill. It's simple, there are no gambling scholars, master gamblers, gambling doctors, right?. Artificially, gambling seems to be a kind of work, but in essence, gambling rejects itself to be called a job!

so according to all of you can gambling be categorized as one type of work as other jobs?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think that some people may classify gambling as a type of work. And there are those who earn a lot of money every day. If you are a professional player, then this is probably a profession.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, rembo2 said:

I think that some people may classify gambling as a type of work. And there are those who earn a lot of money every day. If you are a professional player, then this is probably a profession.

Every work activity that does or produces rewards is a basic understanding of work. Unlike professions, the scope of work is even narrower and not even too concerned with certain conditions such as mastery of knowledge and ethical discipline in applying skills and skills.

Looking for professional and job differences is not so difficult. Based on more in-depth observations it is known that obtaining a job does not need a more complex educational background (theory and practice) and does not need adequate experience and knowledge. Examples of work are port coolies, computer operator staff, copier operator staff, laborers, gardeners, washing workers and so on.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think it is considered as work when a person only depends on gambling to support its needs. I have a neighbor who don't have job, but his family survived with what he earned from gambling. I don't know how it happens. It's impossible to win everyday. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Noeprellik1 said:

For me its dangerous when considered gambling as a work, which means you rely your source of income from gambling. Since we can predict the result of gambling and most of it depends on luck, I rather choose gambling just for game

I agree with you @Noeprellik1. But I'm curious on how someone make it as a source of income. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Han2x said:

I agree with you @Noeprellik1. But I'm curious on how someone make it as a source of income. 

Most people see gambling as a source of income,since its gives a quick return on investment, for instance we now have football bookies everywhere, let me ask you something, do you think those fans inside the football stadium are there to watch a match just for the fun of it or they're watching it because they placed a bet on a certain team to win? In my own view they are there because they placed a bet on a certain team for a specific outcome, that's my opinion.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, Dboyeric said:

Most people see gambling as a source of income,since its gives a quick return on investment, for instance we now have football bookies everywhere, let me ask you something, do you think those fans inside the football stadium are there to watch a match just for the fun of it or they're watching it because they placed a bet on a certain team to win? In my own view they are there because they placed a bet on a certain team for a specific outcome, that's my opinion.

You say most people think gambling is a source of income and you think of it as an example of people watching the ball because they bet on teams that they believe will win the match. well in this thread I ask whether gambling is considered a job? if only as a source of income it seems impossible. lots of football matches in a week but not every day. while the name of our work is done every day, then the name of the job is certainly a salary that has been adjusted to the job. different from soccer gambling, if you win can get money, if you lose you only get regrets

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Gambling is not work! Gambling is not work!

Work is an activity you do and you are sure you will get paid for. You can't really get paid with gambling. Its a EV- game. There is a probability you will always lose.

Yesterday, I wanted to withdraw after I reached a desirable level, then I decided to play a small Payout after I had played big payouts throughout the day, and I busted and messed up real bad. 

Just consider Gambling as a game and move on. Even Pro Gamblers that uses 80% of their time to gamble don't see gambling as a work, they see it as a game and follow the flow.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Han2x said:

I think it is considered as work when a person only depends on gambling to support its needs. I have a neighbor who don't have job, but his family survived with what he earned from gambling. I don't know how it happens. It's impossible to win everyday. 

You yourself say your neighbor has no job. but he fulfills his needs by gambling. it's clear that he doesn't work but he gambles. means gambling is not a job

4 hours ago, Noeprellik1 said:

For me its dangerous when considered gambling as a work, which means you rely your source of income from gambling. Since we can predict the result of gambling and most of it depends on luck, I rather choose gambling just for game

 

3 minutes ago, Bimfo said:

Gambling is not work! Gambling is not work!

Work is an activity you do and you are sure you will get paid for. You can't really get paid with gambling. Its a EV- game. There is a probability you will always lose.

Yesterday, I wanted to withdraw after I reached a desirable level, then I decided to play a small Payout after I had played big payouts throughout the day, and I busted and messed up real bad. 

Just consider Gambling as a game and move on. Even Pro Gamblers that uses 80% of their time to gamble don't see gambling as a work, they see it as a game and follow the flow.

@Noeprellik1 and @Bimfo it means we still agree that gambling is not a job. gambling is just a game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, sheenaz.bay said:

You say most people think gambling is a source of income and you think of it as an example of people watching the ball because they bet on teams that they believe will win the match. well in this thread I ask whether gambling is considered a job? if only as a source of income it seems impossible. lots of football matches in a week but not every day. while the name of our work is done every day, then the name of the job is certainly a salary that has been adjusted to the job. different from soccer gambling, if you win can get money, if you lose you only get regrets

Well i believe everything has a pay day, doing a regular work automatically earn you a pay, so is gambling, all you need is find the right source, there are lots of fixing out there, am not promoting anything but they're out there and people are also earning big daily just doing smart trading with their coins.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Dboyeric said:

Well i believe everything has a pay day, doing a regular work automatically earn you a pay, so is gambling, all you need is find the right source, there are lots of fixing out there, am not promoting anything but they're out there and people are also earning big daily just doing smart trading with their coins.

The first thing to remember is, people gamble not only because of the prospect of winning. gamblers have a lot of motivation for their habits. Even so, the fact that they lost money after visiting the casino, for example, did not affect their enjoyment of the experience.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, sheenaz.bay said:

The first thing to remember is, people gamble not only because of the prospect of winning. gamblers have a lot of motivation for their habits. Even so, the fact that they lost money after visiting the casino, for example, did not affect their enjoyment of the experience.

Are you saying people gamble for the fun of just gambling? In every gambling minded person, one thing always comes to mind which is let me quickly make some profit, its during the process of wanting more that we end up busting, do you even  know starting up a business is gambling? Because the business may end up going the other way, meaning may end up not going the way you had hoped. 

Edited by Dboyeric

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't think you can categorize gambling as work, because you can't win in the long run without cheating. (Poker is played with others, so no house edge exists, besides a bit of the pot being taken by the casino). People who make a living off games like blackjack are card counters, which is a form of cheating.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

For me, I can't classify gambling as a job because I feel gambling has a risk of making you money, but it can also cost you money, I just consider it red
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, Dboyeric said:

Are you saying people gamble for the fun of just gambling? In every gambling minded person, one thing always comes to mind which is let me quickly make some profit, its during the process of wanting more that we end up busting, do you even  know starting up a business is gambling? Because the business may end up going the other way, meaning may end up not going the way you had hoped. 

It is true, if the business is for people who do not know their knowledge, it can be said to be similar to udi people gambling. business is gambling if that's the way you do it. However, business is not gambling. Business can be predicted if you are clear in starting a business. For those of you who have dared to open a business, I thumbs up. But courage is not enough. You also need those whose names can master technology. Then you also have to have product knowledge. What you sell must be mastered.

Suppose you open a workshop. What are the advantages of your workshop compared to other workshops in your city? Your workshop has advantages or not? Do you master the products that you market or not? If you do not master the product you are marketing, then why should I go to your workshop? I can go to another workshop. The workshop may be the workshop of your competitors that may have been longer, more proven, the service is good, the service is fast, the price is cheap.

If you cannot overcome these advantages, how can customers from the workshop turn to your customers? That is why you have to master product knowledge. Next, build a distribution line, supplier base and customer base.

so the point is the problem experienced by beginner entrepreneurs. Many beginner entrepreneurs don't have enough knowledge about the business world, but they dare to open a business without being based on the right experience. Finally his business went bankrupt.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×