CaptainLorca

Quality of chat discussions

Hey Primedicers,

I think thats an interesting topic! The chat has its "ups and downs" over a day. Sometimes its just "gl all; hi; gl; congrats winners; thank you rainbot;" or in other words: Spam.

The others times actual discussion start and we all talk about anything we can imagine. But sometimes we end up in real deep topics. Can't name an example here right now.

Few times of this, worlds collide. Thats something that happens in an international room (Airport phenomenon?). Some people have just a different understanding of certain things or just do it differently or are different minded because of their culture. Things I actually also witness in real life pretty often.

That can cause some mild arguments (luckily often without insults). Sometimes people agree somehow or try to understand why the other person has a certain point of view on the particular topic. And sometimes we just cannot agree and drop the topic. Thats at least the best case scenario.

What is your stand on this? Just some easy lose hanging bla bla or a greater discussion or are you into some deeper stuff and discussing politics, actual events, crypto or tinfoil head potential topics (<- I'm surprised how fast this happens)?

It really depends on who is online at the time of the discussion. Sometimes the chat is filled with interesting conversations where a bunch of people chip in, and at other times it is dead, with the only comments being "buuuuust, gl all, nice (when a tip is sent) etc". For me, I tend to close the chat during this time because it is just spam over anything else. Other times, I chip in when the conversation is going well :)

11 hours ago, CaptainLorca said:

And sometimes we just cannot agree and drop the topic.

If things get to the point where an agreement is impossible, my best way of dealing with the situation is simply to understand the reality that we live as something very relative. What I believe to be certain may not be tomorrow anymore. So with the person I'm talking to. Today we disagree, probably tomorrow too, but this is relative :P.
In the end of the day, I just do not stress about it.

"When everyone thinks the same, nobody thinks much" -- I dont remember the owner of this sentence, but I like it a lot.

I personally don't like to get involved in deep topics, especially if it is about politics. I like to hang out in chat sometimes or even talk about important things too but it is kinda rare lately, most of the time i am simply lurking and watch how it goes and just comment something easy if i am in the mood... #busyatwork

Compared to chatting in direct meetings, many people feel more straightforward and easy to chat on online messengers such as chatrooms, etc. One reason is because there is no pressure to maintain the appearance while thinking what to say, and can arrange the best sentence to convey the message. But strangely still many people are confused about what to chat about. So they are issuing very boring ritual questions, like "hi" "What are you doing?" There are a lot of trite topics in the world, but why choose the most stale? try to throw questions that provoke stories. So you will not only get the answer "Yes" / "No", and your chat will also flow.

Each person has his own point of view or understanding of something. And you need to respect the opinion of each. And agree with this or not this is your decision. And spam will always be in one way or another.