SammyA123

Reduce Roll Hunts in Challenges

My suggestion is to eliminate roll hunts in challenges.  The roll hunts are very tough to do if you are searching for just one single number.  Its even harder if you do not use a dice bot with a script to do it, as you have to manually watch the auto rolls on your device.  Watching autorolls is boring and is not fun at all.  Plus, there is always the chance you blink or get distracted and miss the number when it hits.  The odds are you will hit any one number in 10,000 rolls.  That is a long time to watch the screen while you search.

The dice bot makes life a lot easier, as I learned today when I had to download, install and set up a script to search for the number 6.00 to complete a challenge.  While this accomplished the mission, I do not feel I should have to download 3rd party software which is not verified by windows and run it on my system.  Scripting it was a whole new area of stuff I had to learn today, when I should have been paying attention to my work day. 

The fact that a dice bot and script is required for most of the single number roll hunts is the reason I have rarely participated in the recent roll hunt challenges.  Doing them manually is too annoying.  Other challenges where you are asked to hit a high multiplier are fun.  Because, you get rewarded for hitting the multiplier if you are betting 100 satoshi or more.  In addition, you win the challenge prize too.  Roll hunts for a range of numbers work well too for manual users as you can see when that hits relatively easily.  Or, you can set a multiplier which is above or below the range you want to hit (e.g. lower than 7.00 or above 93.00).  I like the multiplier challenges too when you have to hit a certain multiplier. Even the challenges when its hit that multiplier back to back, or high and then low are great.

So to conclude, I would love to see less roll hunts in challenges on Primedice.  They require advanced technical knowledge and need 3rd party software to be completed with a reasonable amount of effort using dice bots.  The manual method on single number roll hunts are exhausting and take the fun out of completing the challenge and playing on Prime Dice.

I think if you have a look bro enough of them are being hit by a bunch of people so probably aren't too hard, I see you've put a lot of thought into this but on the contrary I think it's good to be encouraging everyone to play smarter ! :)

Hey, Sammy! 

We appreciate your suggestion and you taking your time to explain how you feel about this.

But I'm also sorry to inform you that when you have one game that's Dice, and you have to create daily or weekly challenges, and try to make them all different and fun, you don't have much choice. What we are doing is mixing up challenges that include: multipliers, a specific number, bingo or palindrome hunt, some kind of a math equation, and recently we've added challenges that include some requirement about the Bet ID. There's not much more we can do, but we are trying to mix it up as much as possible, so we can keep most of the people happy with that.

I don't think it's a bad idea checking out the DiceBot and learn something new, I actually found it quite interesting, and now I'm way better at helping others when it comes to that, and I had zero knowledge just a few months back.

Another thing I'd like to add is that challenges are NOT obligatory. Whenever you don't feel like hunting, you can just skip that one and wait for another one that's more interesting and entertaining to you. :) 

Some people are actually really happy with the challenges that are including the bot (like Serlite, for example) that find it challenging in a way that they will write a new script, and I know he likes challenges that are a bit different than all the previous ones, so he can have fun preparing the script for that one. He's also known as a sharing and caring person, so he's always posting the script in the challenge topic, so everyone can use it, which cuts your time significantly. :) 

Challenges are made to entertain people, to reward them, we are really not trying to "torture" you with our requirements. Difficulties are not constant, either, again, because we have only one game available, and there's not a million options what we can do about that. ;) 

Feel free to throw in any suggestion, quartz. Tell us the idea about the challenge that we never used before and that's possible to be done and not abused, and we will be happy to implement it. :) 

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, Irena said:

Feel free to throw in any suggestion, quartz. Tell us the idea about the challenge that we never used before and that's possible to be done and not abused, and we will be happy to implement it. :) 

You need to hit winning bets on number 0 and 36 including bet id's last numbers same as 0 and 36 . don't care about the two numbers behind (exp: 03.xx and xx don't care)

Edited by quartz97

I agree. But i like roll hunts because many people give up hunting a number after 10k to 15k rolls. But i will complete every roll hunt challenge even if it takes hours or days. Since the prizepool is constant, we will get higher prize compared to normal challenges. What i suggest you is keep the dicebot turned ON and do something another work. You can find many scripts for roll hunts in internet for any type of bot. 

Posted (edited)

Yesterday's (15th of may) roll hunt was one of the dice challenge I have ever participated in. I rolled for almost 24 hours without getting the number 6. The challenge was really hard and I didn't use the script, because I don't really love using the programmer's aspect of the dicebot. But as Irena said, I will try all my best to learn how to use the programmer's aspect of the dicebot. 

To look for a single number on the dicebot is one of the hardest thing to ever do. 6.00. I saw Hell with 6.00, and at the long run, my Watch ended badly.

And lastly I don't think PD officials will cancel the roll hunt for the search of a particular number. Its okay. We will continue participating in challenge.

Edited by Bimfo

Nobody forces you to participate in these challenges, or to use a bot that you are not comfortable with. Also, betting 100 satoshis on 10.1x multiplier can let you place a lot of bets without a lot of money. I love these giveaways, and if they make them too easy, then alts will spam the giveaways and the prize pool will be reduced. That is my opinion on this.

I like roll hunts too but hunting a roll in one day quite difficult. in that case i take 10-100 rolls in autobet when  autobet stops i look into transactions n look for a roll in that  and even dicebot scripts also a good option for roll hunt.mostly i participated all the challenges conducted by support team..:)

But in my opinion you do not need to change anything. I am satisfied with the search for a specific number. Another thing is, if you try to reach a certain number manually, then of course, this process can become tedious and take a long time. All you need is to run the bot, which will do everything for you. And set a limited number of rolls to control drawdowns. It’s still better when fewer people catch a certain number, so the winners will get a bigger prize.

I agree that it is a bit tedious to watch over your bets in vain hopes that very next one is the designated number required for certain challenge but as Irena said we don't really have many options when it comes to picking requirements every week. It is much faster and easier to do it via dice bot (if you know how to use it of course) then to hunt manually but I still have managed to complete every single challenge by doing so, hunting manually with not much time invested. The most rolls I had was for Bojana's challenge, around 30k and would probably play until 50k rolls if not for Mirela and her golden "I think you should change the seed" line. :) 

Irena is right. On dice you can not give free rein to your imagination. I won Limbo Challenge at Stake. After this, the challenges have ceased to seem so difficult! True people wrote. When you win you understand what it is. I caught 20,000 for 13 rolls. This is only an additional opportunity. Yes, and in fact giveaway. Let it remain as it is!

I remember when they were not at all! And this is awesome! Any innovation is good. No one forces you to participate in it. I think that there is no easy money. You need to understand that it would not be so difficult if it gave a little money. I think the prize justifies the difficulty. I hope the challenges continue after we celebrate the birthday of PrimeDice!

I have try to hit 6.00 sow meny time like 6k bets no 6.00 end i let it go this challeng i em waiting for eddie steam hahahaha

My post is not a suggestion for the Primedice Team but recommendation for players. My technique on RollHunt a number without using Dicebot is to use the Multi-Highlighter browser add-on. My hunting start with autorun of about 1000 bets and then reviewing /looking for that hit in the Bet list. Thanks to this add-on, searching is much easier as the searched number is highlighted.
Likewise, this add-on can also be used for hunt bet ID ending with 777 and so on.

highlighter.thumb.png.a9a9e8c5aa7211d9310e7b9599e68ac3.png