xlwinner

How not to get greedy?

Posted (edited)

It is often said that you lost because you became greedy. But what does that really mean? When do we know we're getting greedy? Is there any formula to avoid reaching this point?

Edited by xlwinner

Greed is terrible thing, we can usually know we been greedy by simply feeling that we want more and more wins and profit, greed always lead to lose. sometimes we cant really stop it because the brain reward system and excitement

The point for me is when I reach my goal of profits, and then I carry on gambling because I want even more profits. That is how I know that I have become greedy and it is usually the point where you start busting.

Unable to stop the action of gambling, is greed!How can not be greedy,can only ask yourself...

It's all a mental game bro the best poker players in the world pay for mental coaches to make their mental fortitude stronger look it up on youtube there's various ways you could make your own mental fortitude stronger.

5 hours ago, Ahmedsafwat said:

Set a Target when you reach it Cash out, It's that simple.

I couldn't I  agree more with this person.

Greed takes over the brain subconsciously and it can happen in a split second.

I always have a target to reach and that's at least 10x my deposit and even that wouldn't be classed as a big win in my opinion as in the past I have deposited 3 ltc and cashed out 65 ltc. So I have high expectations or greed as some would call it and I'm always subconsciously aware of that, prior to depositing I try to set my mind into a calm and realistic mindset .

here is a example on how greed gets ME.

I deposit 0.5 ltc and calmly begin to bet, I double my deposit, now the right thing to do is put 0.5 into the vault and repeat the process , sometimes I do that or I increase my bet size and continue, when I loose the 0.5 profit I feel the greed come in and want to be back at the 1ltc not what I originally deposited, instantly I start to rage bet and bust forgetting that if I just took my time and stayed calm and collective with my original deposit , my profit could be endless. 

This is said for me only and not everyone else as we are all different.

theres one thing I have learnt about profiting and that is cash out (put in vault) little and often it soon ads up. 

Dont spend what you can't afford to loose, keep it real.

good luck pd users

You want to know how to control greed? You must learn how to do that. You must learn that personal self control or you gonna bust and self destruct. 

Greed is normal to Humans. Humans always want more win no matter how small, and it gets back to hit them at the bare back. The day you can agree that its normal to be greedy, that day you start building your self control. You know when to continue and you know when to leave the betting table.

And this is gambling, if you cant afford to lose this X amount, there is no need to gamble it away. Because that 1% house edge can fuck things up over and over again. Gamble what you can afford to lose unless it might turn to another thing desperate and you start chasing loses.

Its hard though to have self control over greed. But you have to come to the terms that all Humans are greedy which is normal. Then you can start your journey to self control.

Many gamblers generally adhere to the greedy nature of gambling and this is one of the traits which results in a big defeat. You are not satisfied just to win a little and want to expect more, forcing you to make higher bets. If you want to be a "winner", you must be able to lock a small win when you win to avoid a big defeat. It takes discipline when you gamble. The nature of discipline and emotional control is the "separating" side between the winner and the loser.

Yes, cashout is probably the only anti greedy solution for me. However, it is only in the case that I will not be even more greedy in the next hours and do not make another deposit. 
So far I have not succeeded, but I firmly believe that once i do or even in the fact that after recording nice profit really stop playing and take a break to think about the next procedure.
@SammyA123 once wrote in the chat that it's time to go, that the page doesn't make it infinitely in one session and I think this is important to still realize.

Most of the time we busted for being greedy.it's better to set a terget like:2x the deposit and wd(i usually do it;if have minimum luck) bt,sometimes greed is gd.

That feeling when your so stress because you lose because of your greediness, you already won but you want more? for me the best remedy is for you to set a limit, But honestly this limit is so hard to follow, so in the end of the day it is how you are able to control yourself.

Certainly not, greed is a trait in man can not eliminate
But you can always make plans to prevent large losses
Always try to play safely, in small or medium quantities, for example if you have 0.1 B T C
Start betting with 500 or 1000 Satoshi only
With a slight increase on loss depending on the loss ratio
You can use the Stop Loss feature
Many try to profit quickly, of whom little succeeds but mostly will lose

I wish you a good profit, friend 😉

It is necessary to train the mind. In general, my whole life is connected with the decoration of instincts. You must always be able to take control of your body, otherwise it may let you down. Here I try to set myself restrictions. Or markers that I visually marked the balance. I think the alternative is the idea to start a bank - an account that would put a profit there.

Understanding the amount of money you would feel greedy for and realising that every time you react with greed (for a money issue), there is a strong desire for such said amount as it holds value to you. 

The part after this is putting it into perspective - which when the lower the (said amount), the easier it would be for you to control and be aware of your personal greed! 

😁

Well, that's a pretty complicated question, even if it seems easy to find out a solution. I guess it's really hard to do something like that, even more while losing continuously. I guess it's all about self control, which means, to be able to know when you've to stop either when winning or losing.

The best strategy is to set a daily target and pull out when target is reached. With focus and setting of target, i did this target strategy and in 3 days i was able to reach 0.011btc from 0.085eth i received during PD birthday.

1 hour ago, Dboyeric said:

The best strategy is to set a daily target and pull out when target is reached. With focus and setting of target, i did this target strategy and in 3 days i was able to reach 0.011btc from 0.085eth i received during PD birthday.

cool, I like your strategy to reach the target. I personally can't be like you because I'm too greedy