JstLikeMagyk

Why to stay in your bankroll

So today I got given a harsh lesson in why not to play higher stakes than my bankroll allows, 

It's not something I would have noted earlier in my poker days so I thought some of you might appreciate the insight.

Stakes 25/50 1-5k buyin, playing 4 handed.

I raise on the button 2.5 BB (125) small blind min raises to 5BB(250), big blind folds, 

Flop is Jh,6h,8c, 

Villain bets pot(550), I shove as the tables in a very lag state and sets would almost always check raise this spot. He calls with the straight draw and hits a 7 on the river.

I don't know the exact math but the villain was a player I'm friendly with who informed me due to him being well within his bankroll playing at that table It becomes profitable to call this spot everytime simply because I had been reduced to around 50BB at the table and didn't have the bankroll to re up.

Is this something any of you have considered when you get losses that can seem quite fearless from the opponent? 

image.thumb.png.ec7e77799e41f0a60049d8ad1890f8a2.png

Considering this as an old Topic i just want to understand a bit better the concept and some how concerns related to this topic's title: Why to stay in your bankroll

It doesn't matter which hands you have or how you play them. In every game you should think ahead of your bankroll in the first place and than go for the individual odds of you getting out with some green profit.

Here's someone who can help you out understanding a bit of these concepts: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyI7FNTudkyALBh9N7hwI9Q

Well ... I do not play poker, I like the game of dice more. However my rule to play and not to bet more than 1% of what I have in the dice game, because if I take 5 or 6 red bets in a row I lose the game quickly. I am still analyzing the situation of my bankroll better to avoid the loss.

18 hours ago, JohnTravel said:

Well ... I do not play poker, I like the game of dice more. However my rule to play and not to bet more than 1% of what I have in the dice game, because if I take 5 or 6 red bets in a row I lose the game quickly. I am still analyzing the situation of my bankroll better to avoid the loss.

What you mean with the 1% of what you have in the dice game? You mean your current game's balance?

You can still use very low profit strategies and take more than 30 reds without busting yourself to death ;)

Check https://dicesites.com/tools , maybe that will help you.