Noahbreezy

Does anyone know an opensource market maker bot for Idex?

It's been a few days now that I'm looking for a market maker bot that can be used on Idex but haven't found any that perfectly matches my expectations. I'm not giving my expectations on purpose because I want to know as much options as possible. So any bot you find are know is more than welcome!

The reason I'm looking for a market maker bot for Idex is that I'm following a project that has been listed on Idex. It's still in it's baby steps but it has been listed on Idex. There isn't enough liquidity for people to feel attracted to trading on it. By providing some liquidity I'd like to get more people into the project.

Thanks in advance for all suggestions! I'll add all suggestions below so anyone else looking for the same can easily find them.

Hum, i don't know if this is the ones you are looking for but take a look:

https://github.com/derekpankaew/IDEX-Market-Making-Bot

Or you can try and make your own app following these principles:

https://www.freelancer.com/projects/javascript/build-market-maker-script-bot/

https://www.freelancer.com/projects/javascript/build-market-maker-bot-for-16301676/ (Maybe you? :D)

If you have the knowledge you can do your own app, should be difficult nowadays by googling some informations and video tutorials especially from Youtube.

I would still go for a .NET app which is the advisable app type for Windows.

2 hours ago, Kate said:

I would never go with a bot to trade on an exchange it's very risky because the bot will not be able to assess the situation as well as we do. 

J would suggest seuntje, hook up with him on forum or on primedice chat.

Hey, a tip here. Almost all stock-bots are variations of the martingale system. And if you've paid any attention to gambling-systems you know that's not a good thing. Sure, it's not as bad as you don't have the problem of the house-edge but you'll eventually bust. So I'd advise you to stick to just trading the good old way. Bots can on the other hand be a good asset if you know the script behind them and as one of the posters above linked there's a great maker. Cheers!

19 hours ago, KalleBoi said:

Almost all stock-bots are variations of the martingale system.

This is true. And we all know that martingale loses in the long run. It is the same with betting software for primedice. Yes it can work and make you money in the short term, but it can also make you lose your entire balance if you are not careful.

will have to search. need to dig in the forums on this topic. After all, where it is, but most likely it will be paid. but if he pays for himself why not😊

I don't know and never use a bot in trading. there are no truly perfect trading bots. Because of the unavoidable nature of the risk, what can be done is to minimize risk and maximize profits. but if you want to use it, Therefore, before using trading bots, it would be nice to test (backtesting) the performance of the trading bot before you can find out the advantages and disadvantages of a trading bot.

On 05/07/2019 at 00:14, sheenaz.bay said:

I don't know and never use a bot in trading. there are no truly perfect trading bots. Because of the unavoidable nature of the risk, what can be done is to minimize risk and maximize profits. but if you want to use it, Therefore, before using trading bots, it would be nice to test (backtesting) the performance of the trading bot before you can find out the advantages and disadvantages of a trading bot.

Yes of course. I could use a small amount to test my strategy. Unfortunately I haven't really found anything yet that can really help me. 

2 minutes ago, Noahbreezy said:

Yes of course. I could use a small amount to test my strategy. Unfortunately I haven't really found anything yet that can really help me. 

Sorry, I can't help more, hopefully you can find the right bot for you. good luck

2 minutes ago, sheenaz.bay said:

Sorry, I can't help more, hopefully you can find the right bot for you. good luck

Hehe, that bot would really help me. I need to find something else to do than gambling lol. I guess I will have to look even longer and closer ;) 

15 hours ago, Noahbreezy said:

Hehe, that bot would really help me. I need to find something else to do than gambling lol. I guess I will have to look even longer and closer ;) 

you are right, in the age of technology like this we should use it, not only focused on online gambling, there are still many ways to get money from the online world

There are many, however personally I don't recommend using them unless you really understand the mechanics of how the bot actually works. In many cases, I just see where people lose money due to minute mistakes in the script they're using with the bot. Most bots can be quite complex and the ones that aren't really have no edge at all compared to just manually placing bids.

On the other hand, I have seen a select few who consistently make money from their bot regularly. However, note that the amounts aren't crazy significant and there are still days where they lose rather than gain. I think with markets, there is a portion that still requires luck at the end of the day, similar to gambling. Not much you can do to manipulate luck unfortunately. 

On 17/03/2019 at 04:39, Kate said:

I would never go with a bot to trade on an exchange it's very risky because the bot will not be able to assess the situation as well as we do. 

yes kate has a point i think, many things can go wrong imo as well... its not worhth the risk, if you can make ᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎your own from scratch that would be optimal