Byteking

If someone accidentally tips you 1 BTC?

On 12/01/2019 at 10:44, Byteking said:

If someone accidentally tips you 1 Btc?

Would you return it if he tells you it was an accident? 

or you would runaway?

or something in between?

i am waiting for replies LoL. 

I would return to that user. That imaginary guy is probably worked hard to buy it. I am sure he would reward honest player :)

Lol, I guess this is the stuff that gamblers dream of - What if...1BTC just fell out of the sky? Im sure the majority would run away with it, given how much money it is. People can say what they want on here, but i bet at least 80%+ of the people who said they would return it, wouldn't. Greed is embedded into humans, its in our nature. The degree of it can be more or less depending on morals, discipline, etc, however everyone has greed to some degree especially when put in a position to exercise this. 

With this being said, its very difficult to ask such a question and get accurate answers. The person may *intend* on giving it back, but in real life who really knows. You never know until it actually happens to you...

There actually WAS a situation like this. xD Almost 2 years ago, now when I think about it. 

Edward accidentally tipped a user during his stream, and it was 1 BTC. I think the idea was to tip 0.1 or 0.01, not sure. :D  And he ran away, of course. Cashed out right away and never came back (at least not from that account). :D 

Well, I think if Ed wanted, he would not let Bitcoin run away, especially since two years ago he was being taken out for half a day, then it seemed to me that Ed let him go, but then the chat exploded with jokes about it, I remember teasing beggars often with a message Tips from Ed

Edward has sent 0.77700000BTC to Dagmarion

And last year, this trick was repeated by LeDust when he passed on the Bitcoin moderators to givaway.😁

I would return it to the owner, even if the tips were not public

1 hour ago, Irena said:

Cashed out right away and never came back (at least not from that account). :D 

Sucks whoever it was because if they would have been honest and returned it Ed might have allowed them to keep a part of it as a gesture of goodwill and appreciation of honesty. Pretty much shows the mindset of some people who tend to live off the mistakes done by others and keep on doing it future. :D 

If personally, I'm just going to return it. I'm not going to risk my reputation get tarnished just because of money. It's just not right and if that happened to you, would you want that person to go away too? Of course you want it back. That's just the right thing to do.

If someone tipped me 1 btc - the first thing that would come to mind would be "why am I this important" and at the same time, I'd be jumping up and down in excitement. I'd honestly be so happy if someone was this generous :)

Hi , well my goal is 1btc .... soo.. i would return it anyway ;) well would of be bummer bcs well had 1btc and dont have it :P but i want to win 1 btc not receive. so i would send back becouse i believe in karma and God

Edited by Cat4Life

I would return without thinking further, i got misstipped many times and i always return whatever the amount is. Once i found 0.11 btc in my account i checked who was the sender and i returned it immediatly , to thank me the tipper send me 0.01btc so all's good :p

No the same amount definitely, but similar thematics :)

Was raining today tip amounts of 0.01 in LTC, and accidentally sent 0.01 BTC to @Hungvu89 ;) (I should have double-checked, I know!) It was not too grave of a sum and I would have compensated it since it was from rain funds, but lucky turn of events occurred ;) I just want to say thanks to him since he restored the tip within 10 minutes or so as he was back online :) Small award was sent to him as well now! 

Nice to know there are some fair people still out there ;) 🍀

*note to self as I already said on chat: no tipping before finishing the morning coffee* 

On 12/01/2019 at 15:14, Byteking said:

If someone accidentally tips you 1 Btc?

Would you return it if he tells you it was an accident?

or you would runaway?

or something in between?

i am waiting for replies LoL.

Hmm.... That not gonna happened in real life with 1 btc never hahaha but in your dreams maybe but in real world never gonna happend

On 24/01/2019 at 10:52, Crwth said:

If personally, I'm just going to return it. I'm not going to risk my reputation get tarnished just because of money. It's just not right and if that happened to you, would you want that person to go away too? Of course you want it back. That's just the right thing to do.

Yeah i agreed. but its 1 BTC, not everyone have an experience holding 1 btc in their hand xD 

8 hours ago, davincuy said:

Yeah i agreed. but its 1 BTC, not everyone have an experience holding 1 btc in their hand xD 

agree to it specially if there are lots of users who will run just for 10k satoshi LOL