UltraChief

Introducing Bitcoin to your family members

Hello dicers,

Most of the users of Primedice already know about bitcoin but many of us have family members that dont know about. Lets talk about the pointers that you would want to discuss with your family members or close relatives to make them aware of what bitcoin is and how it should be used.

• Which one would you like to tell their first? The alternative financial system that bitcoin provides or the price pump that is potential source of speculation for making money.
  • How are you going to counter their questions like "Is this a scam?" "Is this a ponzi scheme?"
  • Would you ask them to read the Bitcoin Whitepaper published by Satoshi Nakamoto? (Do you even know that it exists?)
  • Making them aware of bitcoin based scams and trading signals pump and dump groups.
  • What wallet would you like to suggest them and practices to keep their coins safe?

Let me know what you think about these and if you would want to talk about something else related to this topic but not mentioned in the questions.

I once told Bitcoin to my family. But they even underestimated me and said that if you want to be rich or successful you have to work. I realize that my family is a conservative family, therefore I have to prove that I can succeed with Bitcoin. it's easier to invite or tell bitcoin to friends than our own family

7 minutes ago, Noeprellik1 said:

if you want to be rich or successful you have to work.

That is always true. The person who has bitcoin has obtained if from some source. People have to be skilled to earn bitcoins from online work as well. So the bottom line is that you have to work to be successful. This is not being conservative but it is what it is.

8 minutes ago, Noeprellik1 said:

therefore I have to prove that I can succeed with Bitcoin.

Not sure what you mean by "success" with bitcoin. If its trading then its another time-consuming skill based and prediction based attempt.

Not all people are seriously considering cryptocurrency and the opportunity to earn in this way. I have a big family, but I'm not trying to impose bitcoins on anyone and talk about its benefits. I can give advice to family members only if they ask for it.

I would suggest them that its not a scam and has given profits to a lot of people and even made them a millionare and tell the pizza story. I won't make them read that long whitepaper. I would suggest them to do abit of a research before coming into it and let them do their own research and choose a wallet.

I tell everyone same thing the crypto experts say, invest only what you can loose.  If they need to know more, they can use google, that's what its for.  I'm not an encyclopedia that can answer a million how why when if questions. In terms of adaptation or introducing super new users, I like those cold wallets that can be printed like a gift certificate.  As a gift I would couple a 100$ printed crypto wallet with a site that sells gift cards for crypto.  That way when they want to sell, they can just pick what store they want to shop at and get the giftcard.  I would also try to get them something exotic with lots of potential, unless they specifically want bitcoin.  

Which one would you like to tell their first? The alternative financial system that bitcoin provides or the price pump that is potential source of speculation for making money.
Firs you would have to teach them what crypto really is even if they do not have any kind of Computer knowledge :D
I would rather go into what is bitcoin and how "they" work.

How are you going to counter their questions like "Is this a scam?" "Is this a ponzi scheme?"
Showing them proves, facts, and everything that could back my statements.

Would you ask them to read the Bitcoin Whitepaper published by Satoshi Nakamoto? (Do you even know that it exists?)
Off corse not, that's not necessary considering Bitcoin is way up into a stable network

Making them aware of bitcoin based scams and trading signals pump and dump groups.
Sure... Who would not, unless you want to bait them into your own scams? xD

What wallet would you like to suggest them and practices to keep their coins safe?
Blockchain, Coinbase

I have told my family about bitcoin long time ago. Nearly two years or more. And some of them bought only few dollars and hold it for price up. But unfortunately they bought it when btc price was at ~15000$. After that time the price never went up. It only decreasing. Lol how it feels. Though now I'm telling them to wait cause btc should increase again. And I don't want to tell about btc much to all my known people. Btc is illegal in our country.

3 hours ago, UltraChief said:

But if its illegal there why are you using it at all? Does it not cause any legal problems? 

Actually cryptocurrency is illegal in our country. Cause by this people can make and keep their black money. Transfer it easily. BTW many people in our country using it. Not only me. We aren't committing crime by this. We are doing gamble and some people buying for hold coin getting profit during price up. 

To introduce Crypto to my family members is stressful and not encouraging.

The Cellphone came to our country 2003. It was hard for them to adapt. The grew up in a world of sending letters through the post office. 

I am a little bit different. I know about almost everything about the "E." But to convince them their android phones can give them a coin worth $3000+ and 1000000 of the Local currency will be kinda hard.

Sometimes, they even ask me why I am always with my phone and what am I doing with my phone during midnights. They are wealthy, but they are not really open to the E-world not to talk of the crypto World.

There are a lot of people like that in this place. They have never heard about the word "Bitcoin." They don't know about the Satoshi whitepaper, and I know they can't believe that you can have a wallet where you keep money on your Phone.

It looks like a total lie to them, and no matter how hard I explain to them, my struggles will be futile and I might not be happy with that.

1 hour ago, Bimfo said:

It looks like a total lie to them, and no matter how hard I explain to them, my struggles will be futile and I might not be happy with that.

This can be related by several other communities in this world. Bitcoin does seem like a financial "elite" among other people who are not at the same level of economy, education, life expectancy or standard of living. But at least you could try telling them about it. Maybe crypto should not be the first focus. Slow and steady would be good and if you introduce them to the internet first then it will be a good way to go. 

Calling something a lie comes from ignorance and non-willingness to accept new things and changes - which is an overall inert attitude often seen in majority of humans. This can change if taught in the proper way.

1 hour ago, UltraChief said:

This can be related by several other communities in this world. Bitcoin does seem like a financial "elite" among other people who are not at the same level of economy, education, life expectancy or standard of living. But at least you could try telling them about it. Maybe crypto should not be the first focus. Slow and steady would be good and if you introduce them to the internet first then it will be a good way to go. 

Calling something a lie comes from ignorance and non-willingness to accept new things and changes - which is an overall inert attitude often seen in majority of humans. This can change if taught in the proper way.

Actually, people over here know about the internet, but the problem is how to earn money through a coin on the internet. The process seem like a mirage to them. It would have been better if the Government supports it.

But no sane Government will do that because it makes the local money useless and breeds money laundering. 

We just have to face it over here. There are some people that will not be aware of this until BTC becomes a Global currency and you won't be able to trade if you don't have any in possession. 

It is as bad as that in this side of the World. Illiteracy at the peak.

Yeah sure i did introduce BTC and crypto-sphere to my family members as they are pretty open minded they liked it and have nothing against investing in it.

I have to admitt i'm preaching for Bitcoin acceptance and tolerance for years now , i started with my family members , gf , friends and now i'm aiming at pushing things forward in my country :)

Edited by MrNice23

I’d start with an explanation of what cryptocurrency is and the main benefits it provides. My arguments that bitcoin isn’t a scam I would couple with facts and proves. I wouldn’t suggest my family read the long white paper unless they wish to read it by themselves. Of course, I will tell about pumps and dumps, crypto fraudulent and other pitfalls of the crypto world. I would give advice about the choice of a wallet or cryptocurrency only if they ask me. And I will try to encourage them to do their own research before taking any decision concerning crypto.

I've tried many times, but most of them don't believe in it because it is not tangible and not backed by anyone other than those who believe in it. So they don't think it is a good investment. I'm still keeping my fingers crossed though :D