Carollzinha

Make Chatbot Commands Private

I honestly have been getting crazy with so many complains inside Portuguese chat about people that does nothing but come to use the CHATBOT in order to get chance to receive some rains. Sadly people don't understand that these "spammers" are not standing any chance to receive these rains but I have to agree that these spams are really annoying most all the time. So I'd like to suggest to keep the CHATBOT in there but when you do the conversions or check the price it will appears as a private message instead so it would avoid not only the spam but the rage from those that don't know how RAINBOT works

For the users that frequently use Chatbot commands, there is a option to do it in private by sending a private message to Chatbot.
Just type /pm Chatbot !price (for example), and the reply will be shown in their inbox without spamming the chat and obstructing the general talk. :)

There is a blacklisting feature that mods can use (!blacklist <username> <time in hours> <reason for blacklist>). A blacklisted user is unable to use bot commands. The bot has some anti spam features and protection, but it doesn't protect against people attempting to abuse it for rain. This is up to the mods. If you spot someone just using the bot for that purposes, notify a mod or support person and have them blacklist the people.

My argument for keeping chatbot response public has always been a kind of anti spam but also just ease of use. If you see someone using, for example, the price command in public, but not getting a response (because he got a response in PM) and you also want to know the price, you're also going to use the command - and the 10 other people in chat that wants to know the price. Now you have 10 people just sending !price in chat directly after each other. You'll also likely just get someone that does the command and posts the response in the chat afterwards.

Also, if you and someone else is talking about a coin/trade w/e and the price of a coin comes up (or any of the commands chatbot has available), using it in a way both/all can easily see the response is easier than each one having to do the command or one having to trust another one about the response.

5 hours ago, Seuntjie said:

My argument for keeping chatbot response public has always been a kind of anti spam but also just ease of use. If you see someone using, for example, the price command in public, but not getting a response (because he got a response in PM) and you also want to know the price, you're also going to use the command - and the 10 other people in chat that wants to know the price. Now you have 10 people just sending !price in chat directly after each other. You'll also likely just get someone that does the command and posts the response in the chat afterwards.

I agree with you - I often use the !price command, and if someone has already used it in the chat, I have no need to use it again. And I can always PM chatbot if I have a lot of commands (which I don't want to spam the chat with) to use like the !cv function :)

I also think its better to make the chatbot commands in PM. But for that, the chat and the PM´s must be updatet. Because when you change between chat and PM to oftend, it makes your PC very very slow. Because the "Self Scrolling" of primedice from the top of the messages to the current message, cost so much working memory. That is why i also make Chatbot Commands in chat and not in pm.

it makes it difficult for many people to communicate, 

sometimes chat moves very quickly due to spam, 

participation in quizzes is difficult. 

I, too, for the fact that they wrote it in a personal message