DeeBK

Activity tracker/smartwatch

Hey everyone :)
Do you use an activity tracker or smartwatch to log your activities? Like a fitbit, polar, garmin, samsung, etc
Which model do you have, maybe the pros and the cons of it?
If you do, which activities do you use it for and do you wear it all day or just when you are sporting? :)

I've got garmin vivosport. Wouldn't recommend that for daily use cause my skin got burned because of the syntetic belt. Im using it mainly in the gym. From cons - it doesn't have smart alarm clock  which means it does monitor your sleep but doesn't dynamically choose when to wake you up

I only use normal hours,
  because I think the statistics of calories that have been reduced when exercising are not at all made me affected as long as my body still has a lot of stock.
so I am here to ask whether the tool is very important to use for exercise?
I'm really waiting for an answer from you, thank you.

I'm using Suunto 3 Fitness. I'm using it mostly for getting current time (obvious) and for running. This smartwatch has one disadvantage: it doens't have gps. Because of this it's no so accurate, but it had 2'nd place in some smartwatch ranking in tracking section, so it's really good, even without internal gps. If You pare with smartphone You can get map of your run, distance, speed, etc.  Od course it counts steps, burned calories, sleep quality and other things. I'm running with my smartphone to listen audiobooks. Sometimes I'm listening music, especially when I'm tired and refusing to run another kilometer; Survivor - Eye Of The Tiger and I have +150% power boost for 4 min  :)

Depends on what You want. This is not professional smartwatch for runners, but it really cheap compering to this kind of  top smartwatches. I would recommend it for smartwatch without internal gps (with gps it's another price level). You can check it there: https://www.suunto.com/en-us/suunto-collections/suunto-3-fitness/

I use my Apple Watch series 4. works damn fine.. wakes up if it thinks you‘re doing a workout like walking outdoor.

works pretty well. Heartbeats per minute seems pretty precise and I also can make an ECG.

of course not 100% like more precise medical instruments, but nice to have. Of course you can use it effectively only with an iPhone atm. 

The next watchOS will make it more standalone.. but I doubt there will be any good connectivity with Android devices in near future.