AHCareP

Bitcoin or Ethereum (which cryptocurrency is better to buy?)

Today, among all the cryptocurrencies, bitcoin and ethereum deserve the most attention.
Investing in any asset is risk based. Bitcoin or ethereum is not an exception here. And the risks are the same here, despite the fact that Bitcoin has a longer history. Ethereum demonstrates such a rapid growth, which equalizes the stability of Bitcoin. Although the stability here is also relative, because during the existence of Bitcoin, we have seen fatal falls. (So the ethereum survived the fall). Chart:
https://www.coinbase.com/chart
What is mine? If we compare the payback, this parameter is approximately equal for both Ethereum and Bitcoin. On average, the miner manages to cover equipment costs for 9–12 months. As for the final choice of a virtual coin for extraction, each one makes a decision individually.
But since Ethereum is fresher than Bitcoin, therefore, for mining, a cryptocurrency would be preferable.
What do you think and what is your opinion?

I prefer Bitcoin as investiment, because BTC is more valuable than any other crypto and everybody trust it. However, Ethereum Plaform have news updates for 2019 and I guess that's a good opportunity for short-term investiment.

Why would you buy scamcoin ethereum when there is a shining bitcoin out there.

Just simple visit altcoinindex.com and see what coins are worth to buy, bitcoin only dropped 80% from ATH and it needs to drop 50% more to drop in total 90%, as ethereum did

On 09/12/2018 at 17:22, AHCareP said:

Ethereum demonstrates such a rapid growth, which equalizes the stability of Bitcoin. ~

On average, the miner manages to cover equipment costs for 9–12 months.

~
But since Ethereum is fresher than Bitcoin, therefore, for mining, a cryptocurrency would be preferable.

How does the rapid growth of Ethereum have anything to do with the stability of Bitcoin?

And right now, based on the mining calculator at cryptocompare.com, mining both Ethereum and Bitcoin puts you at a LOSS! Therefore good luck covering your equipment costs without a nice price rise in the next months (if you only recently invested in mining equipment). And the last statement of that quote makes no sense whatsoever.

If you are focusing into long term investment and profit stabilities just go for the longevity coin: Bitcoin which has been present since many years now.

Else when trying to get some quick alt coins investment profit i would rather prefer Ethereum as well or any other coin like Bitcoin Cash which has enough activity and life to make me worth thinking in using it as investment option nowadays.

Nevertheless you should see how much transactions is in between them by going into some exchangers and get some numbers back.

I would say that; Bitcoin is still evolving, so it will be better to use it to reach its goal on altcoins ... but still ... putting forward the hypothesis that the etherumm could improve like bitcoin. over time, we can also consider using it.😁

Definitely Bitcoin. Ethereum has caught a lot of flack recently due to all of the scamcoins under it running ICOs. Furthermore, the Ethereum concept is great however it wasn't set up for the normal user. The complications make it a bit of a learning curve to start using properly, especially when you get into smart contracts. There are other coins that also offer the same capabilities as Ethereum, but have improved on top of them.

Between ETH and BTC, its a no-brainer. BTC will always reign supreme, and based on its price most other coin prices will be dictates as well.

Bitcoin is definitely a pioneer and flagship, but it looks like a wheel.
And the ether is already developing, it is more stable, it is open.
If Bitcoin was presented as an uncontrollable currency, it turned out to be very controversial, but due to the fact that sometimes the owner of the source and final code did not track, which is sometimes beneficial to fraudsters, as well as to governments that want to leave no traces in the economy.
In general, as if they did not intensify their attack on Ether, bulls, the ether will not work, and it is then that it gives an answer not to show off a bit, but I also attach graphics for five years I didn’t draw them you can check for yourself )

Screenshot_2019-01-22-10-01-09-261_com.berminal.android.png

Screenshot_2019-01-22-10-01-27-998_com.berminal.android.png

Edited by Dagmarion

Well it depends on the investor and according to the research that the investor does . All these predictors and people who say that these coins will rise are just bluffing just go with what your instincts tell you to and you will make some good profits 

Bitcoin over Etherum anytime, anyday. Though, I love to bet on ETH, I wold still prefer an investment in BTC. Has the history. It is more decentralized. It has more more value.

Currently, I have a lot of faith in ETH. I have invested a fair bit into it, so I am hoping that my research turns out for the best and that the price goes up. Bitcoin seems like anyone's guess at this point, so I would say ETH is better to buy currently, at least for me personally.

Both coins are good for investment. And I think most of the coin top at marketcap is good for investment. If you compare new coin with those any old and top coins all will suggest you to invest in btc eth ltc... Cause all of them are used widely by most of crypto holder and people mostly know about those. So it's your choice in which coin you want to invest. You just need to investigate yourself and take decision cause it depends on your thinking for what and how long you are investing. No one here can give any sure guaranty what will happen with which coin in near future. Some will say BTC and some will say ETH

7 hours ago, chaitanya said:

If you have plenty of cash go with LTC , You can buy it from Binance, so that you can also sell it right away, whenver you want to.

I think the user was asking if you had to choose between BTC and ETH. But yeah, I agree that other coins can seem like much better investment alternatives with the current price of BTC and ETH.

7 hours ago, chaitanya said:

If you have plenty of cash go with LTC , You can buy it from Binance, so that you can also sell it right away, whenver you want to.

Whats so special about Binance? Every other exchange out there is also operating in the same manner. Also why do you think LTC is going to pump in future other than natural deflationary change in price?

12 hours ago, fabianabank said:

I never buy eth, regret... was 10$ when i knew the existence of eth, but i guess that wouldnt survive

Sadly I invested a bit at around the $200 price point. So I'm down about 30 or 40%, but I am hoping for some recovery soon. I really think the ETH network has a lot of potential, so I am keeping my fingers crossed :D

On 28/02/2019 at 17:54, UltraChief said:

Whats so special about Binance? Every other exchange out there is also operating in the same manner. Also why do you think LTC is going to pump in future other than natural deflationary change in price?

Well other exchanges have faced some problems and some exchanges their private key is lost or their servers get hacked and they steal their Bitcoins etc. Binance is the largest exchange and i believe it's safer than every other exchange