Jump to content
williamsh

What do you expect from PD moderators?

Recommended Posts

Hey everyone :)

So I was recently thinking about our awesome moderators that we have on PrimeDice. The chat moderators keep us entertained in the chat, encourage us to win, mute and warn beggars, and mute unruly behavior from the chat. So with this, I was wondering whether out moderators meet your expectations?

Before we discuss whether your expectations are/were met, we need to discuss what your expectations are? For an example, my expectations are that moderators should be friendly and kind to all players, and treat all of the players equally. They should issue one warning, and then mute the user for unruly chatting. They should also not abuse their powers by asking for tips or breaking any of the rules, or muting people without a valid reason for doing so. I also expect them to help me if I have a question, or try direct me to someone (or live support) to find the answer that I'm looking for.

Now I'd love to heart what your expect from chat moderators on PrimeDice? What are the mods doing well, and how can they improve? If you are a moderator, please also give your input, I'd also love to hear from you guys too :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Moderators need to be soft and best minded people. And we have all those best moderator here at PD. They guide the user to stay cool. They also cool too. To make chat clean and spam free they need to provide their best attention. I don't expect anything from them cause they know their duties well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well, probably, it helps both the beginning player and the experienced player, that is, control of the chat (and sometimes it explodes) help or advice to a beginner, which is very important! It happens that sometimes people ask for advice, or any links to the forum, they are often ignored, thereby disappointing the player, and in fact he needs to feel comfortable, so that he wants to come here again.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I just try to be welcoming to any new players who pop in the chat. 

Take action against rulebreakers if necessary. Usually warning and redirecting to the rules will do.Im far from mute-happy.

Dont think we have to start convo but sometimes I do, Im very chatty (but also a whiny bitch when I lose)

What I try to be and I believe any mod is doing, is treat ppl with respect and dont put ppl in favour. I love you all ❤

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Kristoffff said:

I just try to be welcoming to any new players who pop in the chat. 

Take action against rulebreakers if necessary. Usually warning and redirecting to the rules will do.Im far from mute-happy.

Dont think we have to start convo but sometimes I do, Im very chatty (but also a whiny bitch when I lose)

What I try to be and I believe any mod is doing, is treat ppl with respect and dont put ppl in favour. I love you all ❤

 

 

 

NO FUN IN CHAT RIGHT NOW NEW MOD NEW RULES 😏😌

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

my expectations are that moderators should be friendly and kind to all players, and treat all of the players equally. They should issue one warning, and then mute the user for unruly chatting. They should also not abuse their powers by asking for tips or breaking any of the rules, or muting people without a valid reason for doing so. I also expect them to help me if I have a question, or try direct me to someone (or live support) to find the answer that I'm looking for.

* you said everything  i wanted to say.. well i think Moderators in English chat are like that.. and they are good :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/12/2018 at 00:01, williamsh said:

Hey everyone :)

So I was recently thinking about our awesome moderators that we have on PrimeDice. The chat moderators keep us entertained in the chat, encourage us to win, mute and warn beggars, and mute unruly behavior from the chat. So with this, I was wondering whether out moderators meet your expectations?

Before we discuss whether your expectations are/were met, we need to discuss what your expectations are? For an example, my expectations are that moderators should be friendly and kind to all players, and treat all of the players equally. They should issue one warning, and then mute the user for unruly chatting. They should also not abuse their powers by asking for tips or breaking any of the rules, or muting people without a valid reason for doing so. I also expect them to help me if I have a question, or try direct me to someone (or live support) to find the answer that I'm looking for.

Now I'd love to heart what your expect from chat moderators on PrimeDice? What are the mods doing well, and how can they improve? If you are a moderator, please also give your input, I'd also love to hear from you guys too :)

Well, there would be nothing much that I can expect from our Moderators now.

I consider the new ones on the block (good job, by the way). They are obviously different from the previous Mods that I knew when I came here. So, I only expect them to "Moderate" the chat and the forum, like they're supposed to do so. Also, no over-powering to members. And lastly, not being too strict. I mean, exaggerating rules and stuff. ;)

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The mods at PD are great for the most part. Not only are they usually vigilant about finding abusers/spammers, but they are friendly and involved in playing the game themselves which shows that they do have some passion for it. I think the more passion you have for something, the more you'll treat it as your own and do well with it. For example, if you hire a bunch of mods who never play dice, you probably won't see them being too active in doing anything as they cannot relate to the players lifestyle. I think this is a key thing that should hold weight for selecting mods is their involvement through chat as well as playing the game. 

One thing I do wish is that the mods were more spread out in their timeframes of when they needed to be online so that 24 hours would always be covered by at least 2 mods. There are times when I'll see garbage being posted in chat or blatant spamming/begging going on without a single mod in sight to help with it. Having at least 2 mods on at all times for the English channel should be a must with the amount of players on the site, I think just having more of a presence in the chat at all times like that would work as a better preventative measure for people posting junk/spam/begging requests.

With this being said, i REALLY wish that everyones friend list displayed which mods were online at the current moment at the very top in case someone needed to contact one of them for whatever reason. There are times where I have to go through and check if all the mods are online to get help with something that needs immediate attention. I'll post this in the suggestions section as well, as I think the chat friend list needs to be reworked anyways.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

They are great, funny, and really the best! I wanna follow their good trails. Making chat clean, funny and all aspect that a chat room or forum needed!

I haven't any suggestion tho, but I will leave it to any users that having experience with some mods. Really like to see them giving some suggestion that making mods really better! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I expect them to moderate! lelxD .. PD has some pretty good mods.. i have been away at the sister site, but when i use to play here regularly, the mods were doing a pretty good job keeping things in check.. just dont piss em off,,, you wouldnt like em bringing down the hammer! makin mute coins rain with lightning., hahaha xD

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 15/01/2019 at 22:21, sourc3code said:

I think just having more of a presence in the chat at all times like that would work as a better preventative measure for people posting junk/spam/begging requests.

I do agree with you - I mean from my own experience, when moderators are active in the chat, people do not beg or ask for money. However, when they are not around, they come out and start begging. The best feeling is when mods are lurking and then someone begs and gets muted. That is the best feeling :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I believe that the moderators are in chat to keep the peace and happiness.   If someone is spamming, they have the authority to warn them and mute them.   If someone is being rude, they can mute them.  They also are there to keep the chat alive .... games, random topics, etc.   I absolutely love the mods and respect them for their job as they don't have to do it!   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

moderators are chosen people. they can make the room quiet, crowded, cheerful. but they can also be assertive if someone is trying to make trouble in room chat. I applaud the moderators in Primedice. I think the moderators at Primedice have enough skills. how do you live in the future ...
Hopefully the moderators at Primedice have not changed and remain friendly

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×