Dancer

Online faucets and profitability

At first online faucet were made to promote bitcoin and cryptos. To make bitcoin more popular and to spread a word about new decentralized payment system. People share coins without having any gain just to popularize it.

Soon, when bitcoin get some relative significant value, faucets become sites who make money to owners. System is simple, they gave sathosie and run ads on sites. In return advertising networks paying them for visitors. Many were use Google AdSense ads to make good profit.

It wasn't hard to make faucet site back then. From the site faucetbox you could download a script and upload to your server. You needed domain, hosting and that script. Of course, and funds - sathosie to give to faucet users. Faucetbox was taking percentage for using their script. There was other sites similar to faucetbox, but no need to mention them. From users side you needed only btc address and when you reached minimum withdrawal limit faucetbox send funds to your btc address.

Google AdSense decided that running their ads on faucet site is against AdSense TOS and they ban those accounts. This affected many sites and owners simply closed sites. Other were searching for alternatives and new Ad networks.

Well, faucetbox closed service as well. On their site is stated that they didn't make profitable business.

Now faucet sites are run in a different way. Some are close businesses, some more open. They have exchange system for coins, games, chats, offer walls and so on.

Did you use faucet site at some point or you still do?

Faucets were useful to collect some fair amount of coins when bitcoin was in three digit price range. Not anymore since the amount earned per claim gradually became small with the price rise and so became difficult the life of the faucet owners because of cheater and bots.

Faucets are now a waste of time.

I remember I used faucets, sometimes when you could still claim 5-10k satoshi every 3 minutes. But it's also very tiresome and boring to keep doing that, so I stopped that after the price started booming. No real use for it anymore, atleast to me.

The only way to make a decent amount is to have alot of refferals which will get you some commision on each claim. But I honestly wouldn't waste my time on it.

Faucets were good for collecting back in time...I have used them back those days when faucets gave some good amount..But these days its take hell of effort and to claim from even a single faucet  cause Faucet owners have implemented more verifcation methods to prevent bots..Not worth anymore

i used to claim faucets when i just join the crypto's world. because thought that its profitable and we can earn free more money

but i think claiming faucets is really boring and also tired. especially on Primedice, the faucets is too small now, i had to depo to get some win and withdraw it 

I had some fun with faucets, but since I'm eligible for better earning sites like videos and surveys (i hate surveys), it doesn't make sense for me to use them.  But like beer money sites that pay with crypto are my favorite.

On 09/12/2018 at 06:59, Dancer said:

At first online faucet were made to promote bitcoin and cryptos. To make bitcoin more popular and to spread a word about new decentralized payment system. People share coins without having any gain just to popularize it.

They are still effective if you know how to use them.

Soon, when bitcoin get some relative significant value, faucets become sites who make money to owners. System is simple, they gave sathosie and run ads on sites. In return advertising networks paying them for visitors. Many were use Google AdSense ads to make good profit.

Google AdSense is not a direct profit for them anymore, now everyone using Shortlinks in which is way more effective due to Google policies against faucet owners. These shortlinks hide the main faucet site where google allows them to.

It wasn't hard to make faucet site back then. From the site faucetbox you could download a script and upload to your server. You needed domain, hosting and that script. Of course, and funds - sathosie to give to faucet users. Faucetbox was taking percentage for using their script. There was other sites similar to faucetbox, but no need to mention them. From users side you needed only btc address and when you reached minimum withdrawal limit faucetbox send funds to your btc address.

You can still make them even from Faucethub you know...

On 09/12/2018 at 07:52, UltraChief said:

Faucets were useful to collect some fair amount of coins when bitcoin was in three digit price range. Not anymore since the amount earned per claim gradually became small with the price rise and so became difficult the life of the faucet owners because of cheater and bots.

Faucets are now a waste of time.

You're wrong, i can for example leave 100 browser tabs (yes i have 24GB) open on Auto Claimers into my FaucetHub account and profit with it without any action from me during 30 days (if i extend auto claim "energies")

Edited by DreamStage

On 13/01/2019 at 07:12, dicyprime said:

I had some fun with faucets, but since I'm eligible for better earning sites like videos and surveys (i hate surveys), it doesn't make sense for me to use them.  But like beer money sites that pay with crypto are my favorite.

Share those sites names :)

On 15/01/2019 at 00:14, DreamStage said:

Google AdSense is not a direct profit for them anymore, now everyone using Shortlinks in which is way more effective due to Google policies against faucet owners. These shortlinks hide the main faucet site where google allows them to.

I don't understand this part. Can you please clarify it?

On 15/01/2019 at 00:14, DreamStage said:

open on Auto Claimers into my FaucetHub account and profit with it without any action from me during 30 days (if i extend auto claim "energies")

What are "Auto Claimers"? I think for some people this can be useful. :)

4 hours ago, Dancer said:

I don't understand this part. Can you please clarify it?

Simple, after you try some of the Auto Claimers you will check how they are getting profit by using short links.

Instead having adds into their main websites (on the faucet sites) they have on other web page which is embebed into a short link where you have this page as an add for you to visit and a bunch of google ads on both left, right and sometimes middle. Just check the Auto Claimers below when u want to get energy for auto claimers you will be redirected to these short links.

4 hours ago, Dancer said:

What are "Auto Claimers"? I think for some people this can be useful. :)

Auto Claimers are like faucets but you don't need to captcha it every time it claims for you automatically each specific time like 1 hour for example.

It consumes some "energy" by going into short links and fill some captcha, but this energy lasts longer, also you can have multiple cryptocurrencies using it and you need FaucetHub.

Here are some of the lists with my referral:

https://randomsatoshi.win/autofaucet/?r=8807  or  https://randomsatoshi.win
https://www.aditif.co.in/r/f33f895-3607  or  https://www.aditif.co.in
https://firefaucet.win/ref/DreamStage  or  https://firefaucet.win
https://autofaucet.org/
https://autobitco.in/
https://autoclaim.in/

Some list where u can find more auto claimers:
http://www.jls8.net/

Edited by DreamStage

1 hour ago, DreamStage said:

Heya, @DreamStage, when providing a ref link, please, provide the clean link to the site as well. I would suggest adding them there in the brackets, so that users can see what the site is about 1st and then use your ref link if they chose to subscribe ;) 

On 09/12/2018 at 12:59, Dancer said:

Google AdSense decided that running their ads on faucet site is against AdSense TOS and they ban those accounts. This affected many sites and owners simply closed sites. Other were searching for alternatives and new Ad networks.

Well, faucetbox closed service as well. On their site is stated that they didn't make profitable business.

Now faucet sites are run in a different way. Some are close businesses, some more open. They have exchange system for coins, games, chats, offer walls and so on.

Well you can use many other advertisers like google adsense if you search google the top would be A Ads which pays by Bitcoin for the ads. Just search and see you can get google adsense alternatives and use them.

Faucet now is mainly used for farming and collecting Bitcoins nothing else.

On 18/01/2019 at 04:49, DreamStage said:

Auto Claimers are like faucets but you don't need to captcha it every time it claims for you automatically each specific time like 1 hour for example.

It consumes some "energy" by going into short links and fill some captcha, but this energy lasts longer, also you can have multiple cryptocurrencies using it and you need FaucetHub.

This explanation helps alot.

On 19/01/2019 at 18:41, Kate said:

Faucet now is mainly used for farming and collecting Bitcoins nothing else.

lol yeah

but also make profit to the faucet site owners. if they have offer wall too, they can make good profit.

I only used and actually still do use them for a bitcoin faucet, which is Freebitcoin. They have always been #1 in terms of bitcoin faucets because they give the most and allow you to make bitcoin in many other ways too like dice, reward points, earn interest on you bitcoin, lottery, and contests. I recommend anyone to check them out. Now when you first sign up you might not make much per claim but it won't take long to build. For the last two years or so i get about 300 satoshi per claim, every hour.

On 09/12/2018 at 10:59, Dancer said:

I still use freebitco.in (see my signature if you want a link). They fund their operations of mining through offering investments, and because they make a profit from mining, they also offer a faucet to attract users. They also make money from their dice game, so I assume that is how they make a profit.