CaptainLorca

Support animal shelters

Heyya Dicers,

this is something I'm kind of passionated about. I guess everyone once saw an animal shelter once in their life. Not every animal gets so damn lucky to be picked out of there. Some stay.. and some stay very long. Of course thats something thats super expensive.

In a lot of countries you gotta pay for an animal, if you pick it. Why is that so? Lot of shelters are non-governmental and support theirselves only through donations and of course the payment-fee for an animal.

Just in case no one knows about such a fee:
The fee is something like supporting all the actions on the animals in the past. That means: Food, vet work, medicine, warm place, gear for the animal and of course... the space it uses.
Usually they don't give out any animal with correct work from a vet. Thats actually a good thing and I think that it justifies any fee for picking up one of these poor things.

Anyway. We all should (if its possible) support those ngo-shelters. Doesn't have to be much. No one is asking for 6 figure stuff. If you got some cash, give it to them or even better: Buy some food for the animals.

And if you can afford it.. pick one poor soul up. They need love as much as we do.
Besides that.. take some dogs for a walk or play with cats or whatever. That means a lot to them.

Thanks for reading. I'd like to hear how shelters in your region are managed or if you donated something to them already?

I did. I try to do it once a year at least. I just buy some food, some toys and bring it to them. They're way more than thankful.

I love you for this Captain! ♥

Since I didn't have much money, I couldn't support shelters by giving them money/animal food/toys, etc. My way of helping stray animals was adopting them when possible (my mom wanted to kill me at times I think since I used to bring home sick and crippled cats 🙈 ), talking to them, feeding them when I could, petting them, and so on. ^_^ That is something everyone can do I would say.😸🐶

Another "cheap" way of helping is teaching children to love and cherish animals. It will make a huge difference. :)

4 hours ago, Katarina said:

I love you for this Captain! ♥

Since I didn't have much money, I couldn't support shelters by giving them money/animal food/toys, etc. My way of helping stray animals was adopting them when possible (my mom wanted to kill me at times I think since I used to bring home sick and crippled cats 🙈 ), talking to them, feeding them when I could, petting them, and so on. ^_^ That is something everyone can do I would say.😸🐶

Another "cheap" way of helping is teaching children to love and cherish animals. It will make a huge difference. :)

Little Kat bringing home a cat every day :‘D.

i never came into a situation like that. We don’t have much strays here. They often get catched and brought to the shelter. They try to find out if there is an owner or not.

Never heard of such shelters in my place. But I will check it out. We have a few cats living in the basement of our apartment block. I try to feed them time to time. Yeah, we must help them.