williamsh

Bitcoin on its way to $100,000

Hey everyone :)

So last year there were many people claiming that BTC was the future, and that it will rise to $100,000. Consequently, many people bought BTC on the upward trend, a time when the bitcoin price was over $15,000. These people have lost a lot of money. I also considered investing more in bitcoin when the price surpassed $15,000, but luckily I did not. I had the opinion that I already lost out on buying BTC cheaply.

I was personally not too affected by this rapid price decline, since I bought in early 2017, not much though, so I am roughly down a bit, or break even at the worst. However, many of my friends have lost year's worth of their salaries for blindly investing into something which they did not properly research.

So I'd like to discuss what you think about the future of bitcoin, and whether you have been affected (and how badly you've been affected) by the price decline in the recent weeks. Have you completely lost faith in bitcoin? I know I have definitely lost a bit of faith in it, and I fear it could go down even more :( I'd love to hear what you all think!

I haven't loss my faith in bitcoin. It went to 20,000$ each coin. That was highest price ever. And people dreaming that ot will cross 100k$ each coin soon as it was rising quickly everyday that time. But now actually it dropped down much. And many people got panic they sell their coin. They lost their hope. But truly I believe btc will be back for sure. It will cross previous highest price and it will go more high 

After several months of low price volatility, where the fluctuation in value for the number one cryptocurrency by market cap dropped below that of tech stocks, it appeared that the crypto markets were going to make an eventful upward turn . Part of the influx of investment was driven by Bitcoin Cash, as buyers anticipated the minting of new coins following its hard fork . I think BTC will uptrend early next year.

It appears that BTC decided to go the opposite way. As i'm writing this, its sitting at $3390 - Given the latest fluctuations, I would prepare for it to bottom out at around $2k. Do not be surprised if it hits this marker. Just remember, it has to fall before it can rise...this is a rule of thumb in trading. Its just hard to accept when you're in the moment. I do think that $20k is obtainable but $100k is far too high imo. If it reached that, it means we still have not figured out a method of defining the worth of BTC in correlation to its usefulness and usability. And this would just mean more significant fluctuations coming ahead. Instability is never a good thing when it comes to finances.  

On 06/12/2018 at 08:02, Kurian said:

Many major events are coming soon. I wonder why it hasn't affected market yet. Hope for the best.

Yeah, I am also not sure why the price of bitcoin has not recovered. It seems that the supply is just much greater than the demand, and the price reflects the current state of buyers and sellers.

I don't think the bitcoin will have a major price surge in the upcoming 12 months, it will freewheel around 3-5k mark. Still if you compare this to 2017, it's still higher than 2500 dollar it used to be around september I believe.

So if you hodl since then you still are in profit so just relax and sitback.

I dont think that bitcoin will surge now again..Market is filled with more better and competative altcoins and I think that one of them will take on bitcoin soon in future and last time when bitcoin reached $20k mark network slowed down very much with higher transaction costs with considerable delay in depositis...its failed so it will be. BCH SV or XRP gonna replace it

On 18/12/2018 at 04:22, NotBlaze said:

I'm 100% sure BTC is going up but how fast is kinda hard to know

It's impossible to have a 100% certainty of the price direction of a cryptocurrency. Like with stocks, and forex, the price movements are never 100% guaranteed.

in my opinion, cryptocoin is the future. indeed there are many who experience losses, not even a little money is floating because of it. but that means that no one wins hundreds of thousands or even millions of dollars for investing in bitcoin.
for that do not always take something in terms of negative conclusions, try to occasionally see the positive aspects. see those who have successfully invested in bitcoin. why can they not?
for that, don't give up friends, bitcoin is the future, even now many developed countries are starting to invest in bitcoin.
I myself admit that I have lost money in investing in bitcoin, but that does not mean I never reap the benefits of investing.
so ... take steps, prepare yourself mentally, take the right strategy, and prepare for future victories.
good luck, friend, good luck

really, in a future see btc to 100k dollars will be great and this can be possible, every day too many people are interested in buy bitcoin and alts thinking in have a good profit in a future, so if this continue, the price will continue raising and probably in a couple of years we will see the btc price to 100k usd for 1 coin

Well, I can remember John McAfee's at June or July/2017 saying in his twitter that if Bitcoin wouldn't hit $100.000 by the end of the year he would "eat his dick on national television" but he didn't.. and recently he said something again about it hitting $100.000 by the end of 2020 or he would let "someone" (he said a name but I can't remember lol) fuck his ass on national television.. I honestly believe it will hit that price but I really wish I could see if McAfee would now keep his promise :D