CaptainLorca

Why you should watch all of Star Trek

Hey Dicers,

As you might think.. I'm a Star Trek fan (my username tells it). So I wanna tell you why you should watch Star Trek. First of all: Great stories!

Most think its totally geek and sci-fi-nerd stuff. Yes.. it is. But in Star Trek its far more about than that. Let me hand you some examples:

The living diversity. It doesn't matter if you're Black or White, Blue or Hairy or .whatever comes to your imagination. In Star Trek humanity reached a level where everyone is treated the same. This is most obvious in the original series from the sixties. A black woman as an officer (Uhura)? Hoooold on brother. Same goes with Chekov, who is a Russian. So imagine the time. The black community haven't had much rights in the U.S.A., especially not women. A Russian on the bridge of a (seemingly) American Spaceship?! You know about the conflict between the U.S.A. and the Russians.

That was all straight from the imagination of Gene Roddenberry (R.I.P.). In a time when things like that were.. impossible to even think of.

Already in the sixties he introduced tablets and several other technical devices and machines, that were beyond every imagination. This still went on with future series like The Next Generation, Voyager and Deep Space Nine.

Another topic of me speaks about a world without money. The idea or the ideal is rooted in Star Trek. To be precise in a movie from The Next Generation.

Diseases? Gone. When humanity had in the Star Trek Universe survived the third world war, they understood they can't fight each other anymore. Especially when the Vulcans (Aliens) discovered that the Earths inhabitants are able to fly with warp.

All this makes me loving Star Trek. They brilliantness of it all..

Allright. Short insight on Star Trek. I keep it with that, I don't want to overwhelm you. If you got any further questions, please don't hesitate and ask in a comment!

10 minutes ago, CaptainLorca said:

Hey Dicers,

As you might think.. I'm a Star Trek fan (my username tells it). So I wanna tell you why you should watch Star Trek. First of all: Great stories!

Most think its totally geek and sci-fi-nerd stuff. Yes.. it is. But in Star Trek its far more about than that. Let me hand you some examples:

The living diversity. It doesn't matter if you're Black or White, Blue or Hairy or .whatever comes to your imagination. In Star Trek humanity reached a level where everyone is treated the same. This is most obvious in the original series from the sixties. A black woman as an officer (Uhura)? Hoooold on brother. Same goes with Chekov, who is a Russian. So imagine the time. The black community haven't had much rights in the U.S.A., especially not women. A Russian on the bridge of a (seemingly) American Spaceship?! You know about the conflict between the U.S.A. and the Russians.

That was all straight from the imagination of Gene Roddenberry (R.I.P.). In a time when things like that were.. impossible to even think of.

Already in the sixties he introduced tablets and several other technical devices and machines, that were beyond every imagination. This still went on with future series like The Next Generation, Voyager and Deep Space Nine.

Another topic of me speaks about a world without money. The idea or the ideal is rooted in Star Trek. To be precise in a movie from The Next Generation.

Diseases? Gone. When humanity had in the Star Trek Universe survived the third world war, they understood they can't fight each other anymore. Especially when the Vulcans (Aliens) discovered that the Earths inhabitants are able to fly with warp.

All this makes me loving Star Trek. They brilliantness of it all..

Allright. Short insight on Star Trek. I keep it with that, I don't want to overwhelm you. If you got any further questions, please don't hesitate and ask in a comment!

Thanks for a such good explanation Cap. I will let u know if I like it or not :)

18 minutes ago, bigbrankx said:

Check the series on netflix, kinda nice too!

Netflix got every show of Star Trek.. not sure about the original series.

next Star Trek: Discovery season airs in January. I’m a little hyped about it. It’s controversial, what do you think about Discovery @bigbrankx?