Tintin

How do you celebrate Christmas?

Heya Primedicers! 

It’s December and one of the biggest holidays that Philippines celebrate is Christmas. Christmas in the Philippines celebrates the longest around the world, people already counts down as early as September. Other people are already decorating and putting there Christmas decorations during Ber-months. 

We do carolings, giving gifts to our friends, co-workers and family, eat together during noche buena and one of the most unique tradition that we do is the so called Simbang gabi. 

Simbang Gabi is a nine-day series of masses to honor Blessed Virgin Mary. The mass will start on the 16th of December until Christmas eve. We wake up as early as 4am just to attend mass as they say that doing such tradition your wish will be granted once you complete the nine days.

Other Filipino family put the grandest Christmas lights and decorations in their houses, sometimes they let other people come in to take pictures especially kids. During the Noche Buena (Christmas Eve) we share foods and the star of the table is lechon, we also have kakanin or  (Will share some pics below). Another Pinoy Christmas feels is when you are already hearing Christmas songs on radio and even in television. Now you can say that Christmas is really the most enjoyable holiday in Philippines as well as all over the world. Now I wonder how long do others celebrate Christmas. 🤔 

How about you, can you share how do you celebrate your Christmas in your country? What foods do you usually serve during Christmas Eve? Can you share some food specialty during this holiday? 

Here are some foods to share! Enjoy! 

7A2D917F-E2CA-46A3-87F1-371EBEC003CF.thumb.jpeg.f274eabeb5735db8ca10c1ff3cc0049a.jpeg

D11D2D3A-A127-46A3-9E7C-95303FD3DCEC.thumb.jpeg.c04542532b207c596cf0774a4d5b981b.jpeg

DF669A47-6F6D-4200-A253-5C29F53EB651.thumb.jpeg.70dfa89efa60de21864d7e034ba56e1f.jpeg

B53C1FC6-0D21-43CE-9AAF-DB633DECFF0F.thumb.jpeg.2336aedf20e1e5b862c970c2c37ff648.jpeg

833DB3A8-43A7-4769-8BD8-A2E0A5FAC23A.thumb.jpeg.101f0af4bd3f54938f753be68d5c19db.jpeg

Edited by Tintin

A lot of things you can write, but I will lay out briefly)
At first:
1) prepare the table and decorations in the house
2) Call and invite relatives of close parents and friends
And after having fun, playing, eating)
But then everything ends, under a juice-cola and at night we wash down the champagne (and maybe stronger ;-))
After all hold and congratulate again 😂

On 03/12/2018 at 21:13, Noeprellik1 said:

24 december Going to church to worship at christmast eve

25 december : say merry christmas to family and friend and than celebrate by eating with family

Going to holiday with family

On 03/12/2018 at 21:13, Noeprellik1 said:

24 december Going to church to worship at christmast eve

25 december : say merry christmas to family and friend and than celebrate by eating with family

Going to holiday with family

What foods do you usually serve during Christmas? I think that other countries have different kind of foods or specialty during this occasion, right? 

I don't really celebrate it. I don't care about it actually :D!

But my mother celebrates it, so thats how I'm still in with it kind of. A nice meal (often Tacos xD), little talks.. presents.. all the stuff you do on Christmas. Exchanging latest stories and so on. Watching a nice movie. 

Usually I'm wrokin on 24. December (thats when we celebrate it here). This year I was asked to turn the vinyls in the club of a friend. Not gonna drop this opportunity :D

Invite your family and friends for christmas dinner. Do a little holiday time travel! You can also research holiday customs of Filipino past. Christmas customs of years gone by are pretty much different than those of today.