sourc3code

Blockchain Phone by Sirin Labs starts Shipping in December

Not sure if all of you have heard the news, but the company Sirin Labs has been saying they are going to release a blockchain phone early this year. A "Blockchain phone" merely means one that advances the user experience of decentralized apps (dapps) leveraging its hardware. They've apparently raised over $157 million for this project with an ICO they started in the beginning of 2018. They've partnered with a top electronic manufacturer, Foxconn to actually develop this device. The cost for this shiny new blockchain phone? $999 - So essentially the same price as the top of the line iPhones. 

If you're looking to buy one, you can preorder them right now IF you hold Sirin Tokens (SRN). These are the ones provided for the ICO they launched. In terms of launch date, there isn't a definitive date just yet but they've released that it will ship this December. There's quite a bit more information regarding this phone that I decided to leave out since I didn't want to make this post too wordy. If you'd like to read more about the Blockchain phone by Sirin Labs, check out the source link here: 

https://www.coindesk.com/sirin-labs-999-blockchain-phone-will-start-shipping-in-december

Hum nop, never heard of such thing but i think it is great in start thinking about these kind of implementations in real life environments :P

Im also seeing you posted back at November 30th 2018, where this News says Phone will be released in late December 2018?

Is it out yet, do you have any news regarding this subject? I would love to know about it ;)

Price is a little bit too high lol .  Blockchain based smarthphone could bring all variety of decentralized apps and better security.

News is kinda old. Is it released? Any updates?

2 hours ago, Dancer said:

Price is a little bit too high lol .  Blockchain based smarthphone could bring all variety of decentralized apps and better security.

News is kinda old. Is it released? Any updates?

Yep - They're on sale right now for $899 directly from Sirin Labs - https://shop.sirinlabs.com/products/finney

The coolest feature for such devices would be DApp (decentralized application) compatibility, which is essentially like an app store for the pertaining coin (for example ETH has DApp compatibility). That and the obvious integrated hardware wallet feature, although I'm not sure how that works with a mobile device with internet connection since a hard wallet would need to be air gapped for it to actually be considered a true hardware wallet rather than a device with software installed on it. I would imagine it would work something along the lines of where the phone would automatically turn data off when you are accessing the wallet, and only turning it on the broadcast a send transaction after closing the wallet out. 

Apparently they did a pretty good job on the phone from what I gather, and it comes with an easy to use interface. Here's a review so you can be the judge of that:

https://www.digitaltrends.com/cell-phone-reviews/sirin-labs-finney-review/

Just now, Babagucci said:

I wonder how well this phone will sell to the public. It's either going to sell really well or be a total bust.

Most likely - Apparently its picking up pretty good acceptance so far but its too early to tell. They have flagship stores opening in two countries apparently where you can try the phone out and learn about it. Forgot off the top of my head which two countries, but it in the review article I posted above.

On 22/01/2019 at 06:40, Babagucci said:

I wonder how well this phone will sell to the public. It's either going to sell really well or be a total bust.

Its an overhype phone. It will eventually leads to bust

This has passed through December friends. Is there further information about the telephone using the blockchain technology? I ask because I think you made this thread definitely have a bit of further information. Isn't that so friend?

A blockchain phone?!? Seems like the future is upon us already! How exciting to be living in this time :D It is be interesting to see what will happen to this phone in 5 years time. Perhaps everyone will be using it :)

As for me, this is utter nonsense. After all, you can download the blockchain application as well. Why pay for some software? In chkorom time and so all companies iphone and samsung

It's sounds promising.  Read the preview and I think those guys are far ahead of the markets.  But it snake showing us what the future could offer.  

But at this price  I won't be a buyer. Maybe in 2 or 3 gen they'll create a great product. 

Anyway it's really interesting and I'll be looking forward to see how it can evolve. 

Thanks for sharing

An update on this Topic and everyone's statement: There are alot more dapps being used for Phones and many other plataforms. Here are the more used ones as in rank's list: https://dappradar.com/

Insights on over 2200 dapps

-> Discover and analyze dapps by all important metrics like users, volume, transactions and more

i like everything about it and its great that this kinda stuff is startiing to happen... but the only downside is the price... too high wayyyy too high.... i mean... yeah.. people i think get iphones cause they have a deal with their carrier᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎ ᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎and get it for cheap, cause even a new iphone if have to pay our of pocket 999 is wayyy to high... but good that its happeneing.