Br1

Are you still mining bitcoins?

14 hours ago, Br1 said:

If you are still mining bitcoins, how much power do you have and how much bitcoins you are getting daily? Is it worth it?

It depends on your setup and how you are mining. People mine whatever coin is profitable at the moment at the current exchange rate or they mine some coins which they like or have long term goals in. You could mine ethereum because its low priced now and people are moving mining power out of it, but it will grow big in future and then you can sell to make profit.

On 19/11/2018 at 15:42, UltraChief said:

It depends on your setup and how you are mining. People mine whatever coin is profitable at the moment at the current exchange rate or they mine some coins which they like or have long term goals in. You could mine ethereum because its low priced now and people are moving mining power out of it, but it will grow big in future and then you can sell to make profit.

Ye understandable but still, do you think it is worth to waste your hardware capabilities, power, health into these types of mining? What if your hardware gets everything from it and starts losing productivity, health and eventually die? For example your Processor, Graphics card... I still do not think using a home computer is worth for mining. It will tear him apart i guess in the long run. Even if it is from a browser or another website (using) your computer for his own self profit. You are using your machine components and it will be bad for you pherhaps?

11 hours ago, DreamStage said:

Ye understandable but still, do you think it is worth to waste your hardware capabilities, power, health into these types of mining? What if your hardware gets everything from it and starts losing productivity, health and eventually die? For example your Processor, Graphics card... I still do not think using a home computer is worth for mining. It will tear him apart i guess in the long run. Even if it is from a browser or another website (using) your computer for his own self profit. You are using your machine components and it will be bad for you pherhaps?

I think you are having a wrong idea about mining hardware. People dont use their CPUs or even GPUs to mine anymore. Those days are long gone. Indeed using them to mine needs the device to compete against petabytes of hashpower making the profit in terms of dust.

What is being used to mine are special devices called ASICs and miners like S9 S11 and so on. These are specialized devices designed to mine crypto. They have their won setup method and cooling system to keep them running.