UltraChief

How to use the "Report Post" button

I think the members of the forum need to know how to use the "Report Post" button shown in the upper right corner of every post left to the post number as #n. Reporting a post adds it to a section where the Moderators, Support and Admins get an immediate notification to check that post for any reason (read below).

On clicking this button you are given a dialogue box where you can but not necessarily, give a reason for reporting the post. Next click the "Submit Report" button to submit it for review.

What is the use of reporting?

Reporting immediately notifies the team of any post that is "out-of-the-place". Anybody can report a post and so the members of the forum are doing a favor to the team by reporting stuff.

What content should you report?

1. Anything that breaks forum rules, including scams, offtopic posts, low-quality/one-word spam, agreeing to a post when you should actually be using the upvote system and so on - use that as the reason so it become easier for the team to clean them up.
  2. If you accidentally made a post that you want removed.

What content should you NOT report?

Do not bring personal fights to reports. Please solve them yourselves and keep the forum a friendly place.

What to do after you have reported?

Wait for the team to take action. It would be better if you dont spam them with personal messages, because they are all humans and not robots. If the content was not removed, do not argue with the decision of mods, once taken, it is final.

Is there any reward for making accurate reports?

The only reward is the mental satisfaction that you helped keep the forum clean but I would keep my fingers crossed. ;) 

If you have any questions please post them below, I will keep the topic open for sometime before I lock and pin it for future.

Should we report copy paste threads from other place?

Do we reveal our email to Moderator if we report? On some forum we do.

And there are many posts with "thank you for sharing", to report?

Edited by PKan

27 minutes ago, PKan said:

Should we report copy paste threads from other place?

Absolutely!

28 minutes ago, PKan said:

Do we reveal our email to Moderator if we report? On some forum we do.

No, mods won't be able to see your e-mail.