Jump to content
anonnep

2FA on tipping

Recommended Posts

11 hours ago, anonnep said:

what do u guys  think about new  feature   
 

Advantage

1) hacker  cant tip to other  account  

2) more  security

 

Disadvantage

2) each and  every time  we  need  2fa  to tip 
2) hacker  cant withdrawl and tip so can bust our  balance   

 

if  u guys  want to ass  some  u guys  are  free  to add 

Yes anonnep 2fa had been added 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Sascha1986 said:

I am wondering, what would be the benefit of this in case you already have 2FA activated for your account?

If you, for example, remained logged in from some other device, at a friend's place, some internet cafe, and forgot to log out after that session. If someone tries to withdraw or tip your funds, abuse your account, it won't be possible, cause it won't have your 2FA to enter the account ;) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Of course. And it may be something to reconsider.

But what the heck do I have to be that uncareful to play on a device, which its security "state" is unknown to me?

Sorry, but someone wagering with a specific account should know how many money he is currently be playing with and they should also be in the knowledge of on how to keep their account secure.

Just to add: this is very common for our ages but you cannot be protecting everyone from everything. It will not work.

Edited by Sascha1986

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, Sascha1986 said:

Of course. And it may be something to reconsider.

But what the heck do I have to be that uncareful to play on a device, which its security "state" is unknown to me?

Sorry, but someone wagering with a specific account should know how many money he is currently be playing with and they should also be in the knowledge of on how to keep their account secure.

Just to add: this is very common for our ages but you cannot be protecting everyone from everything. It will not work.

I completely agree with you, most of the players won't, this is just common sense, logical, not to let your account unprotected and to login just randomly from anywhere, share login info, lend account etc. Unfortunately, not everyone shares our opinion, and are much more reckless, despite the fact that your account deals with funds (on a gambling site!) and should have maximum protection in this case. 

Adding this protection as an "opt-out option" should be implemented in the future, with the next update hopefully, but until then it is limited this way, and includes all the players who have 2FA enabled. :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 17/09/2018 at 12:21, anonnep said:

what do u guys  think about new  feature   
 

Advantage

1) hacker  cant tip to other  account  

2) more  security

 

Disadvantage

2) each and  every time  we  need  2fa  to tip 
2) hacker  cant withdrawl and tip so can bust our  balance   

 

if  u guys  want to ass  some  u guys  are  free  to add 

It is more secure, I think.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Dan said:

Just so that you all are aware, the 2FA on tipping was an additional security measure that was added because a lot of members of the site were concerned about account security. This is only a temporary measure until the vault is finished, whereas people will be able to keep their funds secure in a banking system, with extra protection so that if their account does somehow become compromised, their funds are still protected.

Wow primedice now have 2fa on tipping? That is a great development

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Dan said:

Just so that you all are aware, the 2FA on tipping was an additional security measure that was added because a lot of members of the site were concerned about account security. This is only a temporary measure until the vault is finished, whereas people will be able to keep their funds secure in a banking system, with extra protection so that if their account does somehow become compromised, their funds are still protected.

I am in favour of 2FA on tipping, it is an extra measure of precaution. I also find the idea of a vault very interesting, could you please disclose further details about this and when it is expected ? I am quite certain it will be something very useful for all of us.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 18/09/2018 at 15:08, Bojana said:

If you, for example, remained logged in from some other device, at a friend's place, some internet cafe, and forgot to log out after that session. If someone tries to withdraw or tip your funds, abuse your account, it won't be possible, cause it won't have your 2FA to enter the account ;) 

no one use internet cafe any more xDDD

and plus why not make auto logout each X min if u not active thats just simple for thous who use public devices

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎17‎/‎09‎/‎2018 at 13:21, anonnep said:

What do you guys think about new feature?

Advantage

  1. Hacker cant tip to other account  
  2. More security

Disadvantage

  1. Each and every time we need 2FA to tip  
  2. Hacker cant withdrawal and tip so can bust our  balance     

 

I say this is a good feature, in terms of security of your account.

Now no one can say that his/her balance suddenly disappeared on his/her account. :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, davincuy said:

actually its depend, if i have a lot of balance in my account. i will turn on my 2FA

But if i already withdrew. i open my 2FA because im too lazy to open my Phone Autheticator lol

There is a reason why PD implemented the 2FA on tipping. I agree that keeping coins on the website is less safe but not everyone plays like that. Some people even get their first bitcoin wallet after winning here. The source of the funds may have been from fiat currency (Dollar, Euro and so on) purchase of bitcoin.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×