Kargai

Linzhi Announces Ethereum ASIC Miner

Linzhi is a new company launched by Chen Min (former chief chip maker at Bitcoin mining chip developer Canaan Creative) and their main purpose will be to build and sell various cryptocurrency mining devices. Their first product is an ASIC miner designed specifically for Ethereum and Ethereum Classic (maybe not the best timing according to the previous news I shared here : 

They plan to be an alternative to the mining giant Bitmain and their Antminer E3s.

Linzhi’s product could produce as much as $20 in ether per day — about $17 more than what miners would make using a Bitmain miner. At this rate, Chen believes the money people would pay for a unit could be earned back in as little as four months.

That's a bold statement ... and a big risk to take since the the product will only be release in April 2019 ... and lots of things can change before that.

Source : https://bitcoinmagazine.com/articles/new-mining-manufacturer-linzhi-announces-ethereum-asic-miner/

So let's wait and see but I know i'll not be one of those who will gamble on an expensive hardware maybe for ... nothing ;)