Kargai

What's the future for Ethereum ?

Today the Ethereum price dropped under 200$ ... his lower price since more than a year, back to before the crypto market exploded.

Than the co-founder Vitalik Buterin said there is very little chance a crypto coin will do a 1000x ROI ... and the price drop directly. Right now we are at 194$.

Plus we can read that more and more devs are turning their back to the Ethereum blockchain to launch their project and prefer to choose other blockchains like EOS, NEO or Stellar.

And not only ETH is losing value in USD $ but also compared to BTC, that's the chart of the last 3 months (the drop  in BTC is even more hurtful). It's a 85 percent drop from its all-time high of $1,300 in January.

2018-09-09_01h07_12.thumb.png.4f47534bc11110cd75c75299cf331309.png

But others still believe in the coin since a lot of existing projects are running on the ETH blockchain, the fact that they have a decent roadmap ahead of them (moving from PoW to PoS & co) and the hope that the actual bear market will turn bullish again at one point in the future + the fact that ETH is well established as a brand.

What do you think ?

Personally i'm not a big fan of ETH but I believe it will go upward at one point, 500$ don't seem too hard to reach again when the market will boom again in few months.

Yes i'm starting to think to buy some ETH to sell them later. But i believe it can still drop a little before going up again. I look at the the 175$ barrier, if it drop under that one i'll probably buy. But i'll try to read more about it in the next few days/weeks.

I think that the rate will go down even lower. ~ $ 170 .. but I'm sure that closer to January it will grow. I guess the price is 300-350 $. I heard that there are changes in the coin system. Decreased the award for mining. Perhaps this affected the price.

5 minutes ago, Kargai said:

Yes i'm starting to think to buy some ETH to sell them later. But i believe it can still drop a little before going up again. I look at the the 175$ barrier, if it drop under that one i'll probably buy. But i'll try to read more about it in the next few days/weeks.

swatch information @Kargai, I'm also waiting for the lowest predictions,

"accurate, fast , right" need, try to become a broker:D

Buying ethereum is a good idea at the moment. Even if there may be some other blockchains giving a competetion to it, the main reason is the FUD centering around it. The change from POW to POS is what triggered to community to sell of their holding and thus a marked drop in price. But is this something new in the market? No. Similar thing happens in bitcoin as well.

The market share of other smart contract systems is much lower than what ethereum has. But its a good idea to stock up on all of them if you have enough balance to cover that.

On 09/09/2018 at 08:47, UltraChief said:

Buying ethereum is a good idea at the moment. Even if there may be some other blockchains giving a competetion to it, the main reason is the FUD centering around it. The change from POW to POS is what triggered to community to sell of their holding and thus a marked drop in price. But is this something new in the market? No. Similar thing happens in bitcoin as well.

The market share of other smart contract systems is much lower than what ethereum has. But its a good idea to stock up on all of them if you have enough balance to cover that.

Agreed. But on a trading point of view i'm questionning myself about what is th most probable "quickly" : a 2x or 3x with ETH or ETC ? I tend to go for ETC right now because the FUD  like you said is hurting more ETH and I see ETC gaining more traction from that, I already see articles who bring back the story of ETC being the original Ethereum. Will not be surprise if some miners change coins and push (at least a little) the ETC price.

Not sure about it tho, that's why i'm doubting right 😛 ... reinforcing my positions on other cryptos to level my prices down.

2 hours ago, Kargai said:

I tend to go for ETC right now because the FUD  like you said is hurting more ETH and I see ETC gaining more traction from that, I already see articles who bring back the story of ETC being the original Ethereum. Will not be surprise if some miners change coins and push (at least a little) the ETC price.

That is what the FUDsters want you to believe. The ETC community is a bagholder of a lot of ETC and they are bored of having nothing to trade on. As soon as you buy some of that shitcoin they are going to dump and exit. But its your choice what you would want. ETH is the coin I am interested in.