Jump to content
Update to forum rewards ToS Read more... ×
muffinz1

Mining in Mobile is safe?

Recommended Posts

Because I can’t afford to but a mining rigs, I was planning to use my phone in mining bitcoin through third party and electroneum. Do you have any Idea what will be the maximum hours should I let my phone open while minning and charging at the same time? How profitable it is? Is it recommended? Is it safe? What kind of mobile that is good for mining? What spec that would you recommend?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1. Mining requires decent hardware and mobile mining is actually a gimmick and is mostly malware based stuff saying they can mine but they actually dont. There is nothing called mining through mobile. 

2. Wont speak on ETN. Personally I feel its a shitcoin but you may have other opinions.

3. FYI The mining that ETN speaks of is actually not real mining per se. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Mostly not profitable if your phone is really mining, it will cost way more in electricity and will hurt the longevity of the phone for peanuts (you will mine very few coins).

The only viable option is a fake mining like Electroneum (ETN) do, but like Ultra said there isn't not a lot of chances it will end well. I believe ETN will stay a very low coin almost without interest.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

mining btc with phone is waste of your phone, can damage it. and its not profitable. there are coins which can be mined with phone but you need more phones

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Dancer said:

there are coins which can be mined with phone but you need more phones

There are NO such coins. All the coins claiming to do so are actually malware apps trying to lure you into installing them so the hackers get an easy access to your data and information and other coin wallets if not anything worse.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Faris said:

Mining not for poors :D 

Sarcastically this is correct. Since mining needs a lot of equipment and maintenance to cover with a large enough capital to start, only those who are sufficiently rich are able to start and continue mining to get good returns every month or so. Those who try to do mining as something like a get-rich-quick scheme will only lose their money. Although it seems unfair but the rich will get even rich and poor will remain poor. :D 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

From what I've heard about mining on a mobile phone this, then what is this grandiose scam) if you think logically, what coin is most often extracted from sites with malware? Monero) because it does not matter what equipment and power is used for its extraction. ) those people who will get a real income from the pool can give you a penny for your time (and the killed device) 😁

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, UltraChief said:

Sarcastically this is correct. Since mining needs a lot of equipment and maintenance to cover with a large enough capital to start, only those who are sufficiently rich are able to start and continue mining to get good returns every month or so. Those who try to do mining as something like a get-rich-quick scheme will only lose their money. Although it seems unfair but the rich will get even rich and poor will remain poor. :D 

this is correct. you need to buy equipment to start mining

this is prob off topic but there are POS coins. you get reward for holding coins and maintain their blockchain with your node. but still you need investment to buy coins

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, Dancer said:

this is prob off topic but there are POS coins. you get reward for holding coins and maintain their blockchain with your node. but still you need investment to buy coins

1.Most of those POS tokens are so low valued that they are just not worth anything.

2.Many of them are having malware in the wallets put in for hacking your devices.

3.Staking is not same as mining.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, UltraChief said:

1.Most of those POS tokens are so low valued that they are just not worth anything.

2.Many of them are having malware in the wallets put in for hacking your devices.

3.Staking is not same as mining.

I don't know if you know about this coin called BRO. Last year its dev said that they would focus on those project more and it would increase the price and guess what they did it 1 bro was 1 dollar but then btc dropped and then boom it also dropped and this is a POS coin. Don't take me in a wrong way but most of the coins as you said have very low value but staking them you get a huge amount of reward which can be sold for like 1 or 2 bucks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Kate said:

1 bro was 1 dollar but then btc dropped and then boom it also dropped

Thats an obvious sign of a pump and dump scheme. Something like what PACcoin did sometime recently as well.

3 minutes ago, Kate said:

you get a huge amount of reward which can be sold for like 1 or 2 bucks

For a short period of time. Most of those who had been accumulating them sold off their coins at that pump and then never got back in. Thats another way of being cunning to make money while the rest of the holders think that the coin is going to moon and while they do so the price will decay. This is one of the methods of taking advantage of the hodlers psychology and the ones who are now wasting their time are the ones who are holding.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, UltraChief said:

Thats an obvious sign of a pump and dump scheme. Something like what PACcoin did sometime recently as well.

For a short period of time. Most of those who had been accumulating them sold off their coins at that pump and then never got back in. Thats another way of being cunning to make money while the rest of the holders think that the coin is going to moon and while they do so the price will decay. This is one of the methods of taking advantage of the hodlers psychology and the ones who are now wasting their time are the ones who are holding.

Wow I didn't know that I guess better stop mining the coin and earning the coin from the site lol. But the site looks to good to be true and unlike other coins they have a forum and support. 

Well I guess gonna use my computing power for something useful other than this pump and dump. Damn really sad to hear this tho :( .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Kate said:

Wow I didn't know that I guess better stop mining the coin and earning the coin from the site lol. But the site looks to good to be true and unlike other coins they have a forum and support. 

Its upto you what you how you want to take it. Thats what I believe.

You may have a different opinion and the people who are the developers will also have a different opinion (obviously).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎09‎/‎09‎/‎2018 at 05:01, muffinz1 said:

Because I can’t afford to but a mining rigs, I was planning to use my phone in mining bitcoin through third party and electroneum. Do you have any Idea what will be the maximum hours should I let my phone open while minning and charging at the same time? How profitable it is? Is it recommended? Is it safe? What kind of mobile that is good for mining? What spec that would you recommend? 

Yow. I don't think there is such thing as "Real Mining" using mobile phones. If there is, it will just burn the phone down to pieces.

Like what was mentioned above, mining requires high-end devices. I don't see any possibilities on phones.

With ETN, using their app, is a mining simulation that doesn't burn your phone up. I encourage you to try and check it out, as Electroneum was created mainly for mobile mainstream, for us, mobile users. :D

Just keep your trust on ETN. Others say that this coin is useless, but recently, when the price increase, some had change of hearts. I'm an ETN follower and miner too. Don't waver just because someone says its worthless. Once it booms over Top 20, we will see who's worthless. :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, dmbadillo10 said:

Yow. I don't think there is such thing as "Real Mining" using mobile phones. If there is, it will just burn the phone down to pieces.

Like what was mentioned above, mining requires high-end devices. I don't see any possibilities on phones.

With ETN, using their app, is a mining simulation that doesn't burn your phone up. I encourage you to try and check it out, as Electroneum was created mainly for mobile mainstream, for us, mobile users. :D

Just keep your trust on ETN. Others say that this coin is useless, but recently, when the price increase, some had change of hearts. I'm an ETN follower and miner too. Don't waver just because someone says its worthless. Once it booms over Top 20, we will see who's worthless. :D

Well I knew you would promote ETN here so I am here to depromote it jk. 

@muffinz1

But TBH if you are trying to mine from your personal phone I would suggest not doing it because once the phone heats up. It can really damage the battery as well as the Display it can create smudges due to melting of the LED layer at certain areas.

My opinion mine from a mining rig or go to eobot or minergate and buy a cloudminer. Easy no damage of your phone. Or mine from your computer.

Edited by Kate

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, dikarico said:

if mining is done then you will make your cellphone tormented and will not get the profit you imagine. But if you get the faucet from the cellphone it's better.o.O

Faucet from cellphone is not related to mining. The two are totally different things. Also faucets are a waste of time at this price of bitcoin. Mining too is a waste of time and electricity if you are mining bitcoin and that too with little hardware. 

Cloud mining is a type of HYIP to better stay away from those or use them at your own risk.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, UltraChief said:

Faucet from cellphone is not related to mining. The two are totally different things. Also faucets are a waste of time at this price of bitcoin. Mining too is a waste of time and electricity if you are mining bitcoin and that too with little hardware. 

Cloud mining is a type of HYIP to better stay away from those or use them at your own risk.

 

I only recommend a faucet if you really intend to get capital, and do not recommend to mine on his cellphone, because it does need hardware to mine.
From that capital, he can use it for cloud mining. provided he is patient to collect his capital from the faucet.
I only recommend, and all depends on the @muffinz1:D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, dikarico said:

From that capital, he can use it for cloud mining. provided he is patient to collect his capital from the faucet.

All cloud mining sites are scams though. They can run for a few years and then vanish into thin air or with the old excuse of "We got hacked." Be careful of what you put your money into.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×