baronn007

How much should bitcoin cost to completely replace the US dollar?

It is important but the point is fiat cannot not completely overruled by crypto. That would require a huge shift from the general population who are not willing to accept usage of crypto to move to it. 

People have their liberties. You cannot force them to accept crypto over fiat. Moreover its not possible to buy daily necessities with crypto. Hence for the majority of the population, its just an investment.

3 minutes ago, UltraChief said:

It is important but the point is fiat cannot not completely overruled by crypto. That would require a huge shift from the general population who are not willing to accept usage of crypto to move to it. 

People have their liberties. You cannot force them to accept crypto over fiat. Moreover its not possible to buy daily necessities with crypto. Hence for the majority of the population, its just an investment.

but we can contribute :)

I don't think US government allow BCT to be replaced with dollar. most of trades over the world are done with US dollar and it is very hard for me to imagine someday US dollar be replaced by BTC.

18 minutes ago, Kate said:

I guess the value should be stable first then only it can replace fiat imo

Crypto values will never be stable. They are subject to market risks. The same is true if you compare two different fiat currencies and their market prices over a few years time. Replacement is a long shot thing to say. Adoption is gradually needed.

On 11/08/2018 at 21:05, UltraChief said:

Crypto values will never be stable. They are subject to market risks. The same is true if you compare two different fiat currencies and their market prices over a few years time. Replacement is a long shot thing to say. Adoption is gradually needed.

That is true the market wont be stable but if tether can do it then I believe so can bitcoin. Tether is always 1 dollar and even when btc dropped theter was 1 usd