CaptainLorca

You received a lot of BTC

Question of the questions. Imagine you wake up in the morning, take a look at your notifications.. and.. there is a notification of a received bitcoin-transmission.

When you check it, you'll find out that you got a high sum of Bitcoin on your wallet, from a stranger. What would you do now?

Would you investigate who it might be or just run? Or would you send it back right away?

I would try to find out if it was a mistake or something. If I can't find any information about it.. finders keepers.

This is a classical scenario, I know, but since everyone here is focused on BTC and crypto..

2 minutes ago, bankbank said:

I'd call him ask for a fair reward, if he decline I would take whatever % I find fair and say that I found it like that.

In case you get a transaction and don't know who it was, it would make it hard to find out who it actually was, if that person does not talk about it in the internet.

Obviously check it for being a mistip or so. Ask the mods if there was any message. Ask the person who has sent it or check the blockchain transaction if it was a deposit. You dont want to scam someone like that of someone else's earning.

Still its crypto so the person who receives has no obligation to return the coins. But honesty pays off in the end. Karma is a bitch.

1 minute ago, UltraChief said:

Obviously check it for being a mistip or so. Ask the mods if there was any message. Ask the person who has sent it or check the blockchain transaction if it was a deposit. You dont want to scam someone like that of someone else's earning.

Still its crypto so the person who receives has no obligation to return the coins. But honesty pays off in the end. Karma is a bitch.

Didn't mean tips in Primedice. I mean a BTC-Transaction from Wallet to Wallet. You have no information about the sender.

1 minute ago, CaptainLorca said:

Didn't mean tips in Primedice. I mean a BTC-Transaction from Wallet to Wallet. You have no information about the sender.

I would return it back to whoever it came from. You dont want to keep someone else's money nor do you want fall prey of some money laundering scheme being performed as a honeypot experiment - if you know what I mean.

24 minutes ago, CaptainLorca said:

In case you get a transaction and don't know who it was, it would make it hard to find out who it actually was, if that person does not talk about it in the internet.

Then it's mine.

I will be honest. I would not return. If my financial situation would be better than now, then I would return it. I don’t have such a sum and I can’t make the same mistake))) and that person was wrong, that means his financial situation is much better than mine)) Yes, I would act shamelessly.

I'd give it back because it's fair it's hit money, so why keep it.

You need to work to get what you want not steal it from other people, like example miss-tip.. 

But yeah i'd personally give it back to him cause he earned it and not me!

-Liquiday

Do you mean if this happened on PD or with my actual Bitcoin wallet? If it were from PD, I would definitely have to look at the transactions and see who tipped me, and ask them to see what was up with it. Now if it were to my personal Bitcoin wallet, I know for a fact I wouldn't ask any questions. If I had someone contact me and say they sent it to me on accident, that would be one thing but this is very unlikely due to the overall "anonymous" nature of how Bitcoin transactions. I'm not saying that BTC transactions are private, but it's not like you can just contact someone directly by using their BTC address. Anyhow, if this were the case I would thank the Lord and be very grateful that such a gift came to me :) No questions asked, no wasting time trying to find who sent it to me. I think 10 out of 10 people would have to agree with me here lol.

I'll make the biggest rain ever seen in Primedice, everybody will get some, and then I'll organise the biggest and hardest Trivia in history of the chat, after that I'll apply high risk/high return strategy for a short term period and a specific targeted goal, Finally I'll go to sleep happily, be it I busted or won.

Thank you stranger.

In that case I will invest it and play with the rest.

I will be curious to know why, but sometimes it's better to ignore the truth if you want to live !

At least out of interest, I would certainly try to find out who it is. Anyway, I wouldn’t keep some money for myself. I would try to help my close ones or just at least throw the rain here. The main thing is not waste

I would Excitedly log into primedice. Confirm the deposit. Slide my marker to 10% chance to win....miss...miss...miss..miss..miss...miss..5% chance to win miss...miss...miss...miss....miss...miss. Log into prime dice community and start bitching about how prime dice is a scam because i suck at gambling! 💩

I would probably make some sort of attempt to legitimize the deposit. Not with 100% effort of course because i wouldn't want to find out it was a mistake. And the gamble a fraction of it i felt comfortable losing and turn the rest into gold/silver. I like gold and silver. Kinda a hobby of mine.

First thing that comes into every person minds when you think about this scenario is obviously to just keep the bitcoin you received and thank God for this free money. If that happens to me I will try and find where that come from and what happened because the person who send it might need that money more than I do. Anyway the chances are you are not going to find much about it and you are still going to keep the money but you still have to try and find what the heck is going on. Besides that if we are talking about a big amount of money you will surely receive a good rewards for returning it and everyone is happy at the end. 

50 % i Will make a rain in PD ... and than 50% i Will take... 😂😂😂 But.. i Don't know when its all come true to my life.. 😂😂

If someone tip me Wrongly big amount like 1btc or more.
I return him only half and i enjoy half amount.

If someone send it to wrong btc address and if thats my address.
there is no chance to send it return..
unfortunately and happily i would enjoy all amount.

On 23/07/2018 at 16:27, CaptainLorca said:

Question of the questions. Imagine you wake up in the morning, take a look at your notifications.. and.. there is a notification of a received bitcoin-transmission.

When you check it, you'll find out that you got a high sum of Bitcoin on your wallet, from a stranger. What would you do now?

Would you investigate who it might be or just run? Or would you send it back right away?

I would try to find out if it was a mistake or something. If I can't find any information about it.. finders keepers.

This is a classical scenario, I know, but since everyone here is focused on BTC and crypto..

first it must be very happy if it's real: D but there will also be a feeling of asking who sent it? could it be that he sent the wrong thing or there is someone who is kind to us, while trying to find out we first save the coin until it is clear

If the person who sent it can be identified, I would contact him/her to know the reason. Now, If it is an anonymous transfer, maybe there is nothing to do about it, unless that person contact you.