CaptainLorca

US Government Launches Scam Crypto Site

Hoooold up.. wait a minute. It isn't that, what it looks like. The US Government launched a fake scam ICO site to show off what fraud looks like.

It almost looks like that the US government wants to scam all the people around the world, to take advantage of it and your money. But false alarm fellas. This site is not meant to rob you in the sake of a government. Actually this site is all about showing you how fraud looks like and which obvious signs are there to get you in their trap and in the end your money.

“The rapid growth of the ‘ICO’ market, and its widespread promotion as a new investment opportunity, has provided fertile ground for bad actors to take advantage of our Main Street investors. We embrace new technologies, but we also want investors to see what fraud looks like, so we built this educational site with many of the classic warning signs of fraud. Distributed ledger technology can add efficiency to the capital raising process, but promoters and issuers need to make sure they follow the securities laws. I encourage investors to do their diligence and ask questions.”, explained the SEC Chairman Jay Clayton.

SEC Chief Counsel, Owen Donley, went more in detail, that they “... can quickly build an attractive website and load it up with convoluted jargon to lure investors into a phony deal. But fraudulent sites also often have red flags that can be dead giveaways if you know what to look for.” 

This leads all to this page "http://www.howeycoins.com/ " that was build in a short time. On it you'll find red flags and signs how a fraud site can look like. In some cases pretty obvious. 

This whole project is meant to protect the people from fraudsters, since ICOs offer a good investment for any cryptoholders. 

Source: https://news.bitcoin.com/us-government-launches-scam-crypto-site/

LOL when i read the title i was like the US government is gonna ban cryptos or steal the people's money lol. But they wanted to show the people what a scam would look like nice :)

But i have a doubt did anyone even invest or send eth or any tokens to get the tokens lol xD 

Thanks for the info lorca :)