PeopleEater

Looking for opinions

Okay so all my life growing up I was raised as a Christian. Service every Sunday morning, and Wednesday night. As I've gotten older I have slowly drifted from the religion as it has some far out beliefs that I personally just find impossible to be true. I am the type of person that has to SEE something to believe it, and I haven't ever seen anything resembling some of the stories in the bible. I'm married now, with children, and my wife was raised the same as I except she still has faith in the religion and wants to attend service regularly. My question is do I A: Put my beliefs aside and attend service with her and my children, me not believing anything the Pastor is preaching or B: Let them attend services themselves and me do my own thing on Sundays?

im not much into religion but i believe in something i cant give a name....

since religion always caused problems and wars and a lot people died cause of it

i dont like "religion" how its used today and in past but humans need something what gives a sense to their life

cause of this there are more people "believers" in poor parts of the world then in rich parts

also the church knows about it and is abusing their trust

whatever your choice will be peck, its the right choice for you. nobody should choose the way for you.... this is my opinion

odin will be with you ;)

sorry for my terrible english... if you find a typo you can keep it ;)

I can relate to this drifting off part. Sometimes I think the more educated a person is, the more skeptical it becomes and questions everything around themselves, stuff one believed in and that took as dogma before. This is not bad, it is called progress and evolution of mind, it is what differs us from the animals, not to mention we should all strive to be better people than we used to be, in Hemingway's words: "There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self." - striving to this on a daily basis ;)

Anyways, to get back on the topic, since I feel I have wondered off, lol - No, I don't think you should go, not if you don't believe, it would be kinda hypocritical. Still, despite defining myself as an agnostic for years now, I do attend church sometimes; I couldn't say I am not open to believe, I think the institution itself bothers me the most, tbh ;) You can be religious in the confines of your own home and you can be non-religious at the very altar, it doesn't make much of a difference where a person is. 

So, dunno... perhaps trying to find some balance in it, middle ground, maybe talk to your wife about it and how and why is the depth of her faith so big; perhaps she would convert, perhaps you would, perhaps you can attend sometimes and sometimes take some time off... either way, do it as you feel like, inside, it should never be an obligation or something imposed upon you :) 

1 hour ago, Bojana said:

Don't keep us in the dark, tell us what you have decided? :D

Haha, I believe I will let them partake in their worship on their own. Like you said above, its pretty hypocritical that I sit in the Church pretending to believe in the things being preached, when I don't.

10 hours ago, PeopleEater said:

Okay so all my life growing up I was raised as a Christian. Service every Sunday morning, and Wednesday night. As I've gotten older I have slowly drifted from the religion as it has some far out beliefs that I personally just find impossible to be true. I am the type of person that has to SEE something to believe it, and I haven't ever seen anything resembling some of the stories in the bible. I'm married now, with children, and my wife was raised the same as I except she still has faith in the religion and wants to attend service regularly. My question is do I A: Put my beliefs aside and attend service with her and my children, me not believing anything the Pastor is preaching or B: Let them attend services themselves and me do my own thing on Sundays?

Sometimes, we all know the answer but we're just afraid of facing the fact. Maybe you just need to hear something you haven't heard before. You can give it a chance, you still have that faith inside you, and no matter how small it is, it is still there. The Lord provides, maybe soon you will be able to see what your wife sees. :) God bless your beautiful family.