Mistletoe

Known Workarounds For Bluescreen when hitting the Roll Button

Hey all, thought I should share how I fixed the bluescreen when trying to play in my phone as well as in PC.

Workaround #1:

CTRL + F5 or Shift + F5  by doing this, you are forcing your browser to ignore the chached content and to load a new content 

Workaround #2:

If the first workaround didn't work, try clearing all the cache saved in your browser;including the cookies. With this, youll guarantee that your browser is loading a new content.

Finally, if you're one of the lucky peeps (like me) that neither the known Workaround #1 and #2 worked, here's another workaround that you may try which fixed mine and a couple of users that i suggested to try.

Workaround #3:

The workaround is simple, hit the roll button, wait til it turns blue, hit refresh button, then repeat; til it gets fixed.

BackStory:

How I discovered it? I was bored and hopeless that i settled playing even if i had to refresh it every roll. Then it magically got fixed x)

If you know other workarounds that fixes the issue at hand, feel free to share it in this thread to help the other users who have gone astray because of this :D

Thank you for making this quick tutorial, @Mistletoe, I hope many users will find it as a guidance for solving their current issues :) 

Here is some additional help for clearing cache and cookies on different browsers and devices (source: https://kb.iu.edu/d/ahic, I just copied it all, lol ;))

Mobile browsers

• Android

The steps to clear your cache, cookies, and history may differ depending on the model of your Android device and your preferred browser. However, you should be able to clear your cache and data from your application management settings menu:

1. Go to Settings and choose "Apps" or "Application Manager".
  2. Swipe to the "All" tab.
  3. In the list of installed apps, find and tap your web browser. Tap "Clear Data" and then "Clear Cache".
  4. Exit/quit all browser windows and re-open the browser.

• Chrome for Android
  1. Tap "Chrome menu" > "Settings".
  2. Tap "(Advanced) Privacy".
  3. From the "Time Range" drop-down menu, select "All Time".
  4. Check "Cookies and Site data" and "Cached Images and Files".
  5. Tap "Clear data".
  6. Exit/quit all browser windows and re-open the browser.

• Safari for iOS
  1. Open your Settings app.
  2. Tap "Safari".
  3. Tap "Clear History and Website Data" and confirm.

• Chrome for iOS
  1. Tap "Chrome menu" > "Settings".
  2. Tap "Privacy".
  3. Tap "Clear Browsing Data".
  4. Choose the data type you want to clear.
  5. Tap "Clear Browsing Data".
  6. Exit/quit all browser windows and re-open the browser.

Desktop browsers

• Chrome
  1. In the browser bar, enter: chrome://settings/clearBrowserData
  2. At the top of the "Clear browsing data" window, click "Advanced".
  3. Select the following:
    - "Browsing history"
    - "Download history"
    - "Cookies and other site data"
    - "Cached images and files"

From the "Time range" drop-down menu, you can choose the period of time for which you want to clear cached information. To clear your entire cache, select "All time".

4.  Click "CLEAR DATA".
  5. Exit/quit all browser windows and re-open the browser.

• Firefox
  1. From the "History" menu, select "Clear Recent History".
    If the menu bar is hidden, press Alt to make it visible.
  2. From the "Time range to clear": drop-down menu, select the desired range; to clear your entire cache, select "Everything".
  3. Next to "Details", click the down arrow to choose which elements of the history to clear; to clear your entire cache, select all items.
  4. Click "Clear Now".

• Microsoft Edge
  1. In the top right, click the Hub icon (looks like star with three horizontal lines).
  2. Click the History icon (looks like a clock), and then select "Clear all history".
  3. Select "Browsing history", then "Cookies and saved website data", and then "Cached data and files". Click "Clear".
  4. After the "All Clear!" message appears, exit/quit all browser windows and re-open the browser.

• Internet Explorer 11

Note: On January 12, 2016, Microsoft ended support for Internet Explorer versions prior to version 11. UITS strongly recommends that you upgrade to a new operating system if your current system does not support Internet Explorer 11.

1. Select "Tools > Safety > Delete browsing history..."
    If the menu bar is hidden, press Alt to make it visible.
  2. Deselect "Preserve Favorites website data", and select:
    - "Temporary Internet files" or "Temporary Internet files and website files"
    - "Cookies" or "Cookies and website data"
    - "History"
  3. Click "Delete". You will see a confirmation at the bottom of the window when the process is complete.

• Opera
  1. From the "Opera" menu, select "Settings", then "Privacy & Security", and then "Clear browsing data..."
  2. In the dialog box that opens, from the "Obliterate the following items from:" drop-down menu, select "The beginning of time".
  3. Select the following:
    - "Browsing history"
    - "Download history"
    - "Cookies and other site data"
    - "Cached images and files"
  4. Click "Clear browsing data".

• Safari 8 and later
  1. From the "Safari" menu, select "Clear History..." or "Clear History and Website Data..."
  2. Select the desired time range, and then click "Clear History".
  3. Go to "Safari > Quit Safari" or press Command-Q to exit the browser completely.

image.png.4e27b65d2e741c3b260492b5a415df69.png

I hope this helps out users as well :D 

Cheers!