dmbadillo10

Forum Races 🏁🏁🏁

2 hours ago, Kargai said:

Why not making smaller teams of people who are already active on forum ? Like 2 teams of 10-12 people + 1 général (support) + 1 captain (mod)

I believe the best way to motivate others to participate and join the groups is to let them see that we enjoy doing the races and winning some satoshis in the process. Than they'll have to postulate to one of the teams (like a thread to post their candidature with why they want to join the team, why they'll be a good fit). And they'll have to make a specific task on their first week in, to proove they can be an asset (baptism by fire). Like that it's on each of the participants to do the work to join and not the leaders to spend time to push everyone.

And no more drama. We will not ask to everyone to be uber active every week on a constant basis but after 2-3 times of doing no jobs people could be replaced by someone else waiting in the purgatory. Or if both teams find a new candidate the number of participants in each could increase (14 instead of 12, than 15, etc.) Or we could add a team, etc.

There is still the creative aspect which is by default subjective. There will always be issues with that, that's ne nature of it, each will judge it according to what he feel and if the judges don't understand a certain type of creation ... the creator will always have a hard time making them feel what he did. So maybe 3 judges who change each time ? Like having 6-7 judges and taking 3 differents one at each race, mixing them with time ? Mixing judges, mixing tasks, ... dunno what we could do more... (but still thinking at it)

Quality instead of quantity. I like that.

Thank you for your input and interest, people, it is highly appreciated! :)

Lack of sport spirit that some team-members had was out of my comprehension, simply couldn't grasp why something nice done with and for the community could have been so flipped by creating unhealthy rivalry and War (initial idea was to name them Forum Wars, but sounded too hostile, so gave up on that) instead of fun and way to earn via Pay-per-Post and actually weekly giveaway rewards. :/ Not to mention at one point I was accused of rigging the competition for my team to win, cause I was the one organizing it (!)... that is why nothing can be done until the results can be automatized, third party for the judges is found and some kind of consistency reached in this sense. 

I was lucky to have a team of people that didn't need to be pushed, most of the times I would wake up and topics were covered, they organized among themselves and played fair all the way; respect is important among the members of the team as well as among the rivals ;) #ALAFORLIFE 🍑 So in case of a continuation, no, I would not like to step off, or anything, the idea was mine and Noah's mostly, so this is something I would love to play on :) Have received the ton on applications for new members, but we stopped at 75, so if continuing, guess the pool can be open to reach 100 now, no? 

Kargai has some nice ideas that can be implemented, and yes, it should be about quality, not the quantity... unfortunately, due to the lack of the jury, the quantity was the only measure that could have been used to determine winners in the previous three Races ;) 

15 hours ago, Kargai said:

Why not making smaller teams of people who are already active on forum ? Like 2 teams of 10-12 people + 1 général (support) + 1 captain (mod)

I believe the best way to motivate others to participate and join the groups is to let them see that we enjoy doing the races and winning some satoshis in the process. Than they'll have to postulate to one of the teams (like a thread to post their candidature with why they want to join the team, why they'll be a good fit). And they'll have to make a specific task on their first week in, to proove they can be an asset (baptism by fire). Like that it's on each of the participants to do the work to join and not the leaders to spend time to push everyone.

And no more drama. We will not ask to everyone to be uber active every week on a constant basis but after 2-3 times of doing no jobs people could be replaced by someone else waiting in the purgatory. Or if both teams find a new candidate the number of participants in each could increase (14 instead of 12, than 15, etc.) Or we could add a team, etc.

There is still the creative aspect which is by default subjective. There will always be issues with that, that's ne nature of it, each will judge it according to what he feel and if the judges don't understand a certain type of creation ... the creator will always have a hard time making them feel what he did. So maybe 3 judges who change each time ? Like having 6-7 judges and taking 3 differents one at each race, mixing them with time ? Mixing judges, mixing tasks, ... dunno what we could do more... (but still thinking at it)

I like this concept on how the Teams and the Races will work. 💯

No drama, has initiation process, more challenges for the team members.

If this materializes soon, this will be a boom right here in forums. Not to mention we got new faces on the block, they'll be the active ones in terms of the activities.

Great one @Kargai! 😊

6 minutes ago, Bojana said:

Lack of sport spirit that some team-members had was out of my comprehension, simply couldn't grasp why something nice done with and for the community could have been so flipped by creating unhealthy rivalry and War (initial idea was to name them Forum Wars, but sounded too hostile, so gave up on that) instead of fun and way to earn via Pay-per-Post and actually weekly giveaway rewards. :/ Not to mention at one point I was accused of rigging the competition for my team to win, cause I was the one organizing it (!)... that is why nothing can be done until the results can be automatized, third party for the judges is found and some kind of consistency reached in this sense. 

I was lucky to have a team of people that didn't need to be pushed, most of the times I would wake up and topics were covered, they organized among themselves and played fair all the way; respect is important among the members of the team as well as among the rivals ;) #ALAFORLIFE 🍑 So in case of a continuation, no, I would not like to step off, or anything, the idea was mine and Noah's mostly, so this is something I would love to play on :) Have received the ton on applications for new members, but we stopped at 75, so if continuing, guess the pool can be open to reach 100 now, no? 

Kargai has some nice ideas that can be implemented, and yes, it should be about quality, not the quantity... unfortunately, due to the lack of the jury, the quantity was the only measure that could have been used to determine winners in the previous three Races ;) 

Agreed Bojana.

I thank you for the appreciation. 😘

As an ALA member, I am honored. This is where I started my forum life.. Started as a noob.. Shared some thoughts and became and Enthusiast.. Participated some more and leveled up to a Hero. Shared ideas and talked to people and became a Master. Posted silly stuff and had fun with the others and became Guru.

And now.. Knew some people who has great contents and I ascended as a Forum Super Saiyan. 😂😂

Seriously, I am thankful. Forum for me is another place to relieve stress. The Forum Races was something for me, not to only earn extra sats, but to witness true team work and effort.

I'd really love to see this races coming back to life. I almost would say I'd join the jury.. even if I'd like to "fight" with my brothers and sisters again. We had a lot of fun and spirit and organized ourselves a lot.

If there is anything I could do to bring that back, even if I had to step back.. I'd probably do that.

1 hour ago, Bojana said:

Haha i hope the races wil happen after i went there :P

32 minutes ago, dmbadillo10 said:

Seriously, I am thankful. Forum for me is another place to relieve stress. The Forum Races was something for me, not to only earn extra sats, but to witness true team work and effort.

I love Forum(s, Stake one included) in general, I think they are neat/functional, and Dan is doing an awesome job with them, I have said it once, I'll say it again ;) I love reading it, modding it and writing it :D

You did (still are doing) awesome work on Forum, dmb, oh na na na 🎶🎵, happy have you as member of my team :x

3 minutes ago, Bojana said:

I love Forum(s, Stake one included) in general, I think they are neat/functional, and Dan is doing an awesome job with them, I have said it once, I'll say it again ;) I love reading it, modding it and writing it :D

You did (still are doing) awesome work on Forum, dmb, oh na na na 🎶🎵, happy have you as member of my team :x

My pleasure @Bojana! 😄😃 I also like to be involved on Stake Forums but, kinda hard to catch up there. 😂😂

Til the next race my sweet leader. 😘😘😘

5 minutes ago, Bojana said:

NO! :P You're either in or you're out, you were my right hand in this xD 

*blushes* :$

An army: @dmbadillo10 @CaptainLorca, @ravenyvolle 🍀

image.png.1bf92ae2576cf6f8075b68cdb6a51625.png

I wanna be that guy that has a sack in the head. 😂😂😂😂😂

7 minutes ago, Bojana said:

NO! :P You're either in or you're out, you were my right hand in this xD 

*blushes* :$

An army: @dmbadillo10 @CaptainLorca, @ravenyvolle 🍀

image.png.1bf92ae2576cf6f8075b68cdb6a51625.png

When I just want this thing back and being selfless... snowballs toy doesn’t let me. Pffft

1 minute ago, dmbadillo10 said:

I wanna be that guy that has a sack in the head. 😂😂😂😂😂

I wanna be that guy behind that gurl xD

edit: now that raven posted just a second before me.. it could lead to the wrong thoughts.. hm.. xD

Edited by CaptainLorca

14 minutes ago, Kargai said:

Raven's words always lead to wrong thoughts if you haven't realize until now ;)

Anyway, just in case i'm reading ... preparation is better than being sorry ...

02-1n018-seal3-300x450.jpg

"The guy behind the girl."

Dayuuum. Now I wanna be the guys behind the girl. 😂😂😂😂😂

1 hour ago, CaptainLorca said:

When I just want this thing back and being selfless... snowballs toy doesn’t let me. Pffft

I wanna be that guy behind that gurl xD

edit: now that raven posted just a second before me.. it could lead to the wrong thoughts.. hm.. xD

Omg haha that sounded so wrong 

1 hour ago, Kargai said:

Raven's words always lead to wrong thoughts if you haven't realize until now ;)

Anyway, just in case i'm reading ... preparation is better than being sorry ...

02-1n018-seal3-300x450.jpg

And you, seems so innocent :P

57 minutes ago, ravenyvolle said:

And you, seems so innocent :P

"Seem" being the key word here :$

41 minutes ago, dmbadillo10 said:

Hahahahah. That's the coolest emoji evaaaaah 😂🏽

I wish Dan added 🍑 and 🍋 for reactions, :D at least to our crews!

25 minutes ago, CaptainLorca said:

Okay this topic begins to leading nowhere. Maybe some smartheads should talk about a plan how to do races in future.

I‘d be happy to through my head in.

No, no, no, we are solving it, it has layers :D 

3 hours ago, Bojana said:

"Seem" being the key word here :$

I wish Dan added 🍑 and 🍋 for reactions, :D at least to our crews!

No, no, no, we are solving it, it has layers :D 

Ohhhh yeeahhh. That would be nice!

Thanks Bojana! 🍑🍑🍑🍑🍑