Tintin

Meet the Filipino Food

I would love to share this one here too. 

Traveling is a great way to relax and witness the other culture in every country. As we travel, it is not only the places that we want to see but also taste the cuisine or dishes in each country or places that we visit. 

So let me take you to Philippines and indulge what it has to offer.

The Filipino food is influenced by many cultures, mainly Malay, Spanish and Chinese cultures.

Three hundred years of Spanish rule had a strong influence on the food in the Philippines: The Spanish brought with them their own cuisine and many of these foods were adopted into the Filipino diet.

This colonization had a major impact on Filipino cuisine and have improved its taste buds as people loves to explore when it comes to food.

So I would like to introduce some of our dishes that  you may want to try. 

1. Adobo

Adobo refers to a method of marinating and stewing any cut of meat or fish in a briny mixture of vinegar, soy sauce, and spices.

25A8C500-81FA-487D-8396-1AFA5B55036F.jpeg.ff768582a14abeb7f5a0b7780a2f8f2c.jpeg

2. Lechon

Lechon is a roasted whole pig slowly cooked over charcoal heat. It’s crispy skin  will keep you eating more! 

F9BFCA6F-77A8-4023-B99B-D9F1EED0F9DC.thumb.jpeg.e4fdc7b226b3bf948735ff860f7d47d0.jpeg

3. Isaw

Isaw is a street food from the Philippines, made from barbecued pig or chicken intestines it goes well with vinegar mixed with garlic,onion,pepper,salt, vinegar and chillies or as they call it sinamak.

88730B11-0D9B-41BC-8544-F5FFDC8F179C.jpeg.4afbdb0b54723c047ff6d27159367997.jpeg

4. Halo - halo

Halo-halo Ideally, it’s a layered dessert consisting of shaved ice, evaporated milk, ice cream, and variety of different mix-ins such as kaong (sweet palm fruit), macapuno (silky coconut), langka (jackfruit), munggo (mung beans), saba (fat banana variety), ube(purple yam), mais (corn), nata de coco(coconut gelatin), pinipig (crisped rice), sago (pearls similar to boba). 

7718BA8C-6DD9-4791-810B-6B3391E0F971.jpeg.777959cbe4174c9a75cb03a70cdc09d0.jpeg

5. Puto

Puto is a type of steamed rice cake usually served as snack or as accompaniment to savory dishes such as dinuguan or pancit. Now there are many variations and flavor for puto like leche puto, puto cheese and even chocolate flavored one. 

963AFA39-91F4-4D64-8691-42B659D3A4CF.jpeg.19afd3ed2f54dc2cc8ac6cf9db38fbe6.jpeg

6. Balut

Of course I will include Balut🤣 

Balut is  A Filipino delicacy also known as fertilized duck egg has nutrients that is beneficial to the body the reason why you should include it in your diet. 

FC68DE3F-A410-41F1-B103-28CFA771D75A.jpeg.b9100871823338bc38d70c295b7c1a2f.jpeg

So whenever you travel to Philippines, you may want to taste some of these in your list. 

Can you share some of the food you like in other countries? 

What is your favorite food in your country?

I must say you people have some weird food habits... 

Chicken Biriyani

chicken-biryani1.thumb.jpg.65bdb29e34cf7a6d4fead717f6830d92.jpg

This is my all time favorite in my country.

Mandi (kuzhi mandi)

Arabian_Chicken_Mandhi.thumb.jpg.59a81ad4fd2dbed5e496940f2a2bed3c.jpg

My favorite dish from another country... It's an Arabian food.. But, India we've made some improvements in the recipe.. It has a lot of resemblances to the Indian Chicken biriyani.

1 hour ago, Bojana said:

I lolled really hard on this one, this is how I found out about the balut 1st, then I had to google further :D

Omg they are really from another planet....xDxD 

You must try some Filipino foods. If you are a foreigner, example American, it is so worthy to go to the Philippines because your money is so big or high. You can go wherever you want with just bucks with you.

All the dishes look very appetizing and interesting, except for the egg, which is too much for me. Also, I do not like all sorts of snakes, crickets, worms, this food is not for the kitchen. I'd call it a perversion, if the foodies will forgive me. Each kitchen is special in its own way and attractive in its own way. I love Italian cuisine most of all, it's all in moderation and everything is very tasty. I love pizza, I'm ready to eat it every day. Also, I love street food and often buy food at best food trucks nyc. There is just a rule to know where it is good and delicious to cook and not to eat everywhere.

Edited by TimPeake