Jump to content
CaptainLorca

"Creepy Pics" on cigarette boxes

Recommended Posts

Hey dudes and dudettes!

This topic is really about health. I’m talking about the “creepy pictures” on cigarette boxes:

ONLINE-Schockbilder.jpg

In Germany they were added to prevent people to start smoking and even quit on smoking. There is the irony. The German government made in 2016 14.2 billion Euro due to tabacotaxes. Yes, the health of smokers is lacking and that costs tons of money too. But you know what? That’s not the problem of the government. That’s the problem of the health insurance companies (you have them here by paying tax, you’re 24/7 covered by them usually). They have to pay the bills, or better said the folk and companies, has to pay that bills. Not the government.

So… why should the government really want to stop people on smoking? That’s a great tax they get. (Little example: 10 packs of Lucky Strike Red costs rounded 60€. Untaxed it’s like 37€ - that’s a lot of money if you expect everybody is smoking one pack a day)

Allright, we got that covered. Tabaco is bad for our health! They added these pictures. Okay. Shady strategy for a government which profits from smokers.

 

  • Why won’t they add pictures of the consequences of diabetes or a high usage of sugar on coke bottles or sweets?
  • Why won’t they add pictures on McDonalds packaging, showing obese people or a fatted heart?
  • Why won’t they add pictures on alcoholic beverages?

Why are they just doing that to the cigarettes? Well, I think it’s because of the pressure from the folk. “How can you allow people to smoke, blablabla”. Adding those pictures is like a little plaster to riot.

But still… why only on Tabaco? Because Tabaco has a bad reputation. It’s easy to shoot at. Eating or drinking something is accepted.

 

What do you think? Is it okay to leave out other things that are bad for our health? Do you think smoking should be banned?

 

For myself I am a smoker. But I like the Russian law that prohibits everyone born after 2014 to smoke.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Unfortunately terrible pictures do not stop smokers and they continue to do it. To do away with this, you must introduce high fines. Otherwise, the person will smoke until he gets sick. I'm talking like a former smoker who quit smoking with great difficulty. And I'm very happy about that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, rembo2 said:

Unfortunately terrible pictures do not stop smokers and they continue to do it. To do away with this, you must introduce high fines. Otherwise, the person will smoke until he gets sick. I'm talking like a former smoker who quit smoking with great difficulty. And I'm very happy about that.

Cool that you were able to quit! 

Well... I don‘t think that they really want people to stop smoking. But it’s already happening here. A lot quit.. a lot won‘t even start. The people get their facts straight and want to be healthy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, CaptainLorca said:

Cool that you were able to quit! 

Well... I don‘t think that they really want people to stop smoking. But it’s already happening here. A lot quit.. a lot won‘t even start. The people get their facts straight and want to be healthy.

I dont know. I see many schoolchildren every day who hide and smoke quietly. The youth does not want to be healthy at all, maybe 10% of this really want.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, rembo2 said:

I dont know. I see many schoolchildren every day who hide and smoke quietly. The youth does not want to be healthy at all, maybe 10% of this really want.

Statistics show that there are less smokers. Well.. why did we start? The more aged fellas were smoking.. so it had to be cool or something. This and group dynamic. To be considered cool, you have to smoke. Crazy... but thats where they get you, I think. I don't think a 30 years old would say "ah nice, lets try this. Taste terrible, I have to cough. Great idea!"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×